Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, September 2nd 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

^^ Are you gett'in in or out ?
If you are getting in ? Where are you going ?
If you are getting `out ? Where have you been ?
WoW, so many choices 4-Sure...LoL...
Hi `Devin, wherever you've been or wherever you're going?, I wish you a Fun/Happy `Day ~> EnJoy
---------------------------------------------------------------
Morning space!
Just got home from work not to long ago. Relaxing before i sleep for a bit. Taking my SS up to my step dads to look at a wheel bearing that might be going. Slight vibration in the wheel lately. That's about it for me!
how's your morning going?

Happy Birthday Gothkid!

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 09-02-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Gothkid!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Good morning MCF!

Happy Birthday to Gothkid!

Good Morning `Lou (Taz) Wish you a great `Day..
Are you working today, or hopefully a day `off ?
Wish you a fun day!

I made a birthday post to Jonny in his latest thread.
` Jonny (member GothKid) with a 5th Gen Chevy Monte Carlo

Old 09-02-2012, 07:09 AM

Hi `Devin, how many miles are on your S.S. ? I hope that it's not a costly repair...If it is just one bad wheel bearing ? Are you going to replace both ? Oh, Did you check the balance of your tires or alignment of the front end ? Is it making any noise that you can hear ? Keep us updated & good luck & enjoy your trip.
===========================================
It was a busy night in the warehouses from 8 PM until 5 this morning with big loads coming in, but now I'm in the office doing office work & final inventory for August + waiting for order confirmations. I hope to get `off by noon 2day b-4 I recharge 4- tonight...My beachbum friends are at the beach 2day & I'm happy 4 them, but I sure wish I was there with them...Thanks for asking.

Wish everyone a Great/fun/safe SunDay

Last edited by Space; 09-02-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

[QUOTE=Space;491795]Hi `Devin, how many miles are on your S.S. ? I hope that it's not a costly repair...If it is just one bad wheel bearing ? Are you going to replace both ? Oh, Did you check the balance of your tires or alignment of the front end ? Is it making any noise that you can hear ? Keep us updated & good luck & enjoy your trip.
===========================================

Hey space, my SS has 55k miles on it.
I'm 97% sure it's just a wheel bearing, i looked at it yesterday and gave it a wiggle and it does have a little play in it. No biggie me and my step dad can replace it and save some $ on labor! just need to snag the part tomorrow, i'm just going today to get a 2nd opinion. First "Problem" with the Monte since i get her over a year ago! lucky it's an easy fix!

hope your day goes great!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 AM

Hi `Devin,
Thanks for your reply & I hope it's a easy/inexpensive fix 4-Sure...Below is a short vid on wheel bearing noise & how this mechanice tells `if it's bad...It's the way that my grandfather does it also ?(
<~ click)

Good Luck

Old 09-02-2012, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

A lot of clean up yesterday and a lot more today. My cypress trees took a beating from storm and and area of my roof did to I have a tarp of the area and all is ok for now.
We have made a claim to our insurance for the roof repairs and and the sheet rock got a little wet in our sons room but other than that alls good. I want to thank my Monte Carlo Family for there concern you guys are great!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM

Hi `Mel,
It's great to see you online & that you have power & minor damage compared to so many in your area.. I hope that you have good insurance & that they settle fast.

I sure can relate to clean `up & in my area we were lucky this time. I'm happy that your Monte Carlo S.S. was not harm & that your home is livable. Keep us updated & Good Luck..

I'm hoping that Member DeRon checks in & gives a update

Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning all: Hey Mel. How did the Monte make out in the storm ? Well this is day 2 of the grand kid invasion . Alls going well so far. Except for Ozzie. The kids are scared of dogs , cats anything like that. So Ozzie spends most of the day tied up to a chair or on our laps. One high light was the the trip in the Chevelle. My Son says hey dad take the boys ( 3) for a ride in the Chevelle!! Are you serious ? yeah why not. I thought the roof would blow off the house. The 3 of them started yellin and talking so fast. So I started her up and let her warm up. While the kids are jumping up & down. The oldest one hate a lound noise!!! Anyways we get them in there and buckled in. And their talking a mile a min. Geez! So I back her down and going about 5 mph down our street. I make a left turn and Aron the oldest yells out lets go fast grandpa. I look at my son he says you heard him. So I open up the headers after asking them if they wanted to hear the motor. And they yell yeahhhhh. OK I open them up and nail it for about 10 seconds. Man o man I thought they would pee their pants. They were laughing so hard and talking so fast. OMG!. So I make a u turn to take them back. And they ask for one more time. So I take them down the rd for a couple of miles and turn around to go back to the house. And they ask their dad if I could jump on it again ( they're words) My son looks at me and says you heard them dad can we. I stick my foot into it and they're laughing so hard OMG! So we get back to the house and the oldest one runs and tells his Mom. I look at my son and he says nothing. I figure I'm dead meat right ?. But all melody says is Thanks Rick for doing that. Thats all they talked about on the way here!. So all in all its been great . Two of them sat in a corner and looked at my Hot Rod mags for a while. The middle one Chris is nothing but into Muscle car's. He always sits by me and ask questions about cars. Its funny. he knows a lot about them. Ok they re calling me to have breakfast with them. Gotta go.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM

Good morning everyone!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, September 2nd 2012