Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, September 1st, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Dave, sure it makes you feel good running things when they go good. But i'd rather see the compensation in my wallet, but they're not willing to do that where I work. They'd rather just throw more things on my plate for the same pay which is a slap in the face in my opinion.
I'm just saying, Keane:
At the very least... You should take pride knowing that your doing the right thing VS only doing what you think your pay is werth....Vs what your getting paid...
I already know you feel your not getting paid for the amount of work your doing....

I'm just saying always doing your best VS just doing enough to satisfy your Bosses... shows them... that maybe your not deserveing of a raise?
Going above and beyond is what impresses...(without complaining) Will give you a better chance of getting that deserveing raise...

In other words....
Take Pride in your work.... and do your level best to get the work done as expected..... You'll get farther with a Jar of honey.... Than a Container of Salt!.... In other words.... Action Speaks Louder Than Words!

All good things come to those who wait!

We all have to pay our dues.... Regardless of expectations!
Took me 25 yrs to get that once in a life time job!
Something to Consider..

Anything that comes easy .... In the Long run.... Isnt worth having!

In other words.. if it sounds to good to be true.... Then it isn't..
Theres no "Short" cuts in Life...Especially during these times...
You have to earn it!... Unless you hit the Lottery!

I've been around the block once or twice!
But I support your efforts!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-01-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Dave, sure it makes you feel good running things when they go good. But i'd rather see the compensation in my wallet, but they're not willing to do that where I work. They'd rather just throw more things on my plate for the same pay which is a slap in the face in my opinion.

Ryan that's pretty cool you made it early, was hoping you wouldn't be late
lol yeah i got lucky, the monte decided to start running good once i had cleared milford and had the road to myself and i flew along the backroads at around 65 MPH, lol. wouldin't have done that in the truck!

also keane i talked to my buddie yesterday (the one who works at JCpenny's) and he's in almost the exact same boat as you. he told me he applied for advanced auto parts and just got done with an interview to be a delivery driver for them, apparnetly they are expanding quite a bit right now especally for driver positions. from what he said $10-11 starting wage was what he was asking and it sounded like they were gonna go for it. might be worth it for you to look into them as well....

Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember seeing a position at advance auto parts not too long ago for a delivery driver, not sure if its still open now. Good to hear the monte started running good