Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, October 28th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Sunday morning MCF friends... Just chillin this morning with some coffee. Carved pumpkins yesterday maybe will start a thread "Show your Pumpkins"

Will Check back later

Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 AM

^ Good Morning `Tadd,
That's a great idea (you should)...Below is my contribution

Wish you & family a great `Day

Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Zen

Good morning all
Gotta start cleaning the garage for Mary Jane's winter nap
Hope every one in the path of Sandy stays safe.

Originally Posted by Space
^ Good Morning `Tadd,
That's a great idea (you should)...Below is my contribution

Wish you & family a great `Day
Nice

Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 AM

Good morning all!

Nice dry day here going to get the Monte out and drive it since it has been a couple few weeks.

Have to do some work on the Vette. The electric antenna is not working and I am changing the spark plugs. I put new rubber on yesterday. It had the original VR50's that were 25 years old.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:36 AM

Good Morning `Chris, great reason to clean the garage.
Wish you a great SunDay ~> EnJoy /////ps I did not do the pumkin auto above (I found it on the web) lol (I'd like 2 take credit (lol) OK, I did it (lol...I just lied (lol)
======================
`Good Morning `Joe, you sure have some super auto toys to play with and work on 4-Sure. I think it a good investment to get rubber protection & apply on your rides...
EnJoy your Sunday

Old 10-28-2012, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Looks like Hurricane sandy is suppose to hit the east coast starting tomorrow night!...Looks like its a combination of 2 storms..what there calling a Super Storm. A combination of rain and snow!...So I hope all in the east coast are prepared for the worst..(which i hope it isnt).

Ive deceided to not watch the Tigers tonight!...They have certainly turned into a Major League Disappointment! I waited 1 more day to relieve my yard of the leaves..all 3 of my trees are now bare...I guess todays the day to rid my yard of them...

Thanks Space for the reminder of todays race at martinsville! Lets hope its a good one...
Dale Jr is back in the car today...He ran really well in Practice...lets hope all is well for him and his team!

Have a great Day EV1!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all, got some more preparations to do today. I'll post yesterdays pics later on after i'm done running around. Have a good day all.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone. Cold morning again. Those seat heaters work wonders.

So, I had a very close encounter, again, with a Washtenaw County Sheriff this morning with the tint. I say "again" because I've had multiple encounters with this lately but have NOT been stopped, *knock on wood.*. On my way back from the girl's place; get off the highway, stop at the end of the exit ramp and proceed to turn right just as the Sheriff appears from the left over the overpass. I continue in the right lane and he comes up almost right next to me in the left lane, both of us doing the same speed, for about a half mile. At this point I was expecting to get stopped since I've had problems with Sheriff (Washtenaw, Oakland) and the tint on my 03 in the past. Anyway, we're approaching the next intersection, he slows somewhat and drops in behind me. I needed to be in the left lane because the right lane ends past the intersection, so I then move over into the left lane. I stop at the red light and he stays in the right lane, pulls up next to me and stops, then continues and turns right. I mean, It's not like it's subtle, it's pretty dark. Just look at my sig picture.

Hey Tadd, the pumpkin carving thread sounds sweet. I haven't carved mine yet but am looking to post when I do.

Looking forward to the NY Meet pictures.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning everyone. Cold morning again. Those seat heaters work wonders.

Hey Tadd, the pumpkin carving thread sounds sweet. I haven't carved mine yet but am looking to post when I do.

Looking forward to the NY Meet pictures.

Hi `Matt, we are a spoiled people...4-Sure
Everyone has to have auto seats to warm their bun's (LOL)
We need a/c seats in Florida
Even kitty's want 2 warm their bun's LOL

===================================
Great that you did not get Stopped If you have a sunroof (?) leave the shade open to let in more light to lesson the darkness, or even turn on your dome light to lighten the interior...or even put your side windows down..Good Luck
===================================
Matt, are you crav'in a pumkin ? I've never done that, but I love pumkin pie ~>

=========================
`David, EnJoy the Race 2day..I don't have cable, but I will
listen to MRN radio until I crash `out & recharge...
=============================
Hi`Keane, look'in 4ward to seeing your pic's.

Wish you & member's a Great Sunday ~> EnJoy

Old 10-28-2012, 11:20 AM

Morning all. First of all, Dave (Stumpmi) I hope you're not going to rake your leaves. Run the mower over them - the crushed leaves will compost down into your lawn and feed the grass. I've been doing this for years and the leaves have never smothered the grass; they always disappear by spring.

Today I'm going on an archeologicistical (or whatever that word is) dig at the haunted restaurant by our Wildlife Center. A friend told me she was walking in the woods there, found a pit where trash had been buried years ago, dug down past the surface and found a Schlitz beer bottle dated 1936. There was an old teacup and outdoor lantern from the restaurant, which was torn down several years ago. So my Sunday project will be to scoop away what I can from the top of this hole in the ground and see what I find. If there's anything interesting I'll tell you all about it. The Lone Wolf Restaurant has a Facebook page if anyone is curious about the place. It has a long interesting history dating back to slave days (an underground tunnel went from the Mississippippsiip River to the restaurant grounds). Hope everyone has a Supersporting Sunday!!!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, October 28th 2012