Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, November 18th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Good Morning `Rick, Greg (Sgt Miller), Seattle `Mike & Member's...

`Greg, several member's have stated that they are getting that Dodge Journey poping up on screen...I don't & maybe it has something to do with the browser that you are using ? ?
I am on Internet Explorer & not getting it...

Maybe one of our computer tech member's will have a solution or maybe when Taz (Lou) see this he will have a answer.

The web & our site always seem to be getting more ad's, but I guess that why we don't have to pay to explore the Web, but we have to pay to access it...I'm just happy there's no more political ad's pop'in `up everywhere 4-Sure...

Wish everyone a safe/happy/fun SunDay ~> EnJoy
Peace/Out

ps. Greg, I hope your children get better soon 4-Sure...

Last edited by Space; 11-18-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 AM

Good morning all. Going to get caught up on work around the house today trimming some trees and such...

Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its a beautiful day in michigan!
Cant wait for the race weeeeeeeeeeeee!
I liked the truck race! it denied! pyle busch! no wins this season...Wont touch mark martins record of 9 wins in a season!also the Nationwide race....Pyle Busch denied again hehehehehehe...

Also Regan Smith wins the nationwide race at Homestead!!!!

Its a great weekend for Nascar. Im pickn Keselowski for the win and also the Championship!

Zeus is better today....The NU-Vet seems to be helping....

Old 11-18-2012, 09:46 AM

^ Good Morning `Joe & thanks for checking in...Good Luck on getting done what you got to get done...I'm learning that the more that one has, the more that you have to take care of
I guess that's the price of having possessions...

EnJoy your Sunday & be safe out there
------------------------------------
Hi David, great to read that Zeus is getting better...
EnJoy the Race & your New Sunday

Bonus

<LI style="LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none; WIDTH: 604px; FLOAT: left" class="slide pager">
SIMPLE TRICK TO ACE YOUR TURKEY DINNER
You've probably heard about this technique, but you may not know how easy it is -- and...

3-step process works for any size bird

Last edited by Space; 11-18-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Good Morning everyone. Lounging at the moment. Got all of our Xmas lights up, well most anyways. Will start a new thread for all to display theirs. I will have to wait till dark to take pics. Maybe we could have a Christmas light display contest. Sounds kinda fun...

Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Well to say the least its been busy around here since weds. My daughter left for Orlando that morning for a work project. This morning she left nice Sunny Orlando for Toronto. Where she has company meeting till Weds morning. Then she flys back that evening. Just in time for Thanksgiving Day. Canada does't have Thanksgiving there. This is the 3rd time she's had to do this around the Hoilday's. She told her boss that she's not flying nay place next month. She staying home with her Son. Good for you. She works for a Canadian Co. So thats the way it is. I guess....But she reports to her boss who is in Fla ! Oh well. I think she's getting tired of the game. Might be looking for something else! To much travel for a single Mom. So she's flying from the HOT to the cold ! . Poor girl is living out of a suit case for a week. All the way down to Fla to build a playground for kids. Now for meetings in Canada. Doesn't make sense to do all that flying. Companys must have a lot of $$$ to spend !. Just venting a little. Time to make some breakfast and get ready for some football.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Still doin school work, probably gonna skip the race and sleep before work.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone.

So, I got home from Mexico Friday evening and spent the night at Amanda's place. Saturday I get home and go to start the Monte, and absolutely nothing. Not even any clicking. The ignition wouldn't even turn all the way back for me to take the key out. The battery seemed like it has been starting to take a dump over the past few months and I guess it finally decided to take a crap while I was gone. Now today I can't find anywhere, that's open, that sells ACDelco batteries. I guess the standard chain auto parts stores don't carry ACDelco batteries. All they (O'Reilly's, Advance Auto, Auto Zone) seem to be good for is car wash and detailing supplies, in my opinion. O'Reilly's is horrible, I despise that store. Doesn't help when the people working those stores never seem like they want to be there or help anyone. I really wish Murray's was back, at least they carried good stuff. Got my replacement ACDelco battery for the 03 Monte at Murray's before it was taken over by O'Reilly's.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Why must it be AC Delco? Lots of other good stuff out there.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Why must it be AC Delco? Lots of other good stuff out there.
Because I like/prefer sticking with factory parts/brands for replacement stuff as much as possible. The factory put an ACDelco Professional (720 CCA) battery in the car so I want it replaced with the same (or higher CCA) ACDelco. Went with a higher than factory CCA ACDelco battery in my 03 when I replaced that one. I'm a bit picky like that when it comes to parts. Just how I've always been.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, November 18th 2012