Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, November 11, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning and a Happy Veterans Day to everyone!
Not much going on here., May wash afew of my car's today
before the rain gets here..

Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 AM

...I `Jerry, I think it's great to be in that position & not have much going on...You have the choice(s) on what you want to `do 2day I look 4ward to days like that 4-Sure...

Wish you a SuperSunday to do what-ever U want to `do...EnJoy Thanks 4 checking in with the MCF
================================================== ===========================
Posting below to fill `up some empty space with a vid of a Blow `up... Click below if U wanta see `it ? LOL There's always a cost to play some games/sports/etc...

Now Playing
Up Next

4x4 Truck Blows Engine < Click 2 watch (about 1 min) + there's more `if U want 2 see more & have another cup of coffee or another type beverage (lol)

Jokeroo
Date 11/8/12 1:03

Last edited by Space; 11-11-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by zjerry
Good Morning and a Happy Veterans Day to everyone!
Not much going on here., May wash afew of my car's today
before the rain gets here..
It is kind of a pain taking care of 3 cars huh...

Going to be nice here today also. I may wash the daily driver.

Good morning all!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Happy Veterans day everyone and Happy Sunday go out and take a drive if you can we are.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Good mornin' all. Happy Veteran's Day and Thank You to all that served both past and present.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Good Morning Mel, Seattle `Mike & Member's,
EnJoy your Sunday....`Mel, enjoy your Sunday drive in your super Monte S.S. Don't let you engine get hot & don't let anyone touch your Monte
========================================

Ryan Newman's No. 39 Army Chevrolet will feature a desert camouflage paint scheme with the faces of more than 250 active and retired military members this weekend at Phoenix (Autostock).
NASCAR pays tribute in honor of Veterans Day

Drivers express thanks; three paralyzed veterans will receive retrofitted vehicles

By Seth Livingstone, Special to NASCAR.COM
November 11, 2012 9:28 AM, EST

AVONDALE, Ariz. -- Chase contender Brad Keselowski knows that whether or not he wins Sunday's AdvcoCare 500 he'll be in Victory Lane at Phoenix International Raceway for an awards presentation that will change lives.
In concert with Veterans Day, Keselowski will co-present three paralyzed veterans with retrofitted cars, courtesy of Penske Racing partner Pennzoil and the Long Love Cars contest.
For Keselowski's Chase hopes, a late-afternoon visit to Victory Lane could mean everything.
For the veterans involved, the late-morning ceremonies are certain to provide a new lease on life.

The message is clear

In honor of Veterans Day, Ryan Newman and sponsor Quicken Loans are rolling out the red carpet for United States veterans at Phoenix.
More
"I'll be able to get the health care I need and have better control of my life again," says Ronald Courteau Jr. of Mesa, Ariz., whose contest entry earned him a Dodge Challenger SXT. "The quality of [my family's] life will improve immediately."
Courteau, a Marine Corps veteran, was left a paraplegic and amputee after a fall more than 30 years ago. He was unable to attend the funerals of his father and grandmother. His wife was born with spina bifida, making it increasingly difficult for her to assist him. Courteau says he's felt in danger of losing the few things that gave him a sense of independence, including his job at Burke Basic School, going to church and running errands.
With three sons and a service dog, Air Force veteran Jason Morgan believes his new Dodge 1500 ST pickup will be the ticket to more than his own independence.
"I've always taken great pride in being a dad and role model," says Morgan, who suffered waist-down paralysis and a leg amputation. "It will allow me to spend more time with my boys -- to guide them and teach them as much as I can before they go out on their own."
Morgan, from McKinney, Texas, coaches youth football, is on the board of his local YMCA and is a motivational speaker at schools, churches and other venues, speaking out against drug abuse and serving as an advocate for troubled teens.
Lonn Cunningham, a Navy veteran from Silvis, Ill., returned safely from the Philippines and first Gulf War, only to be left a quadriplegic bilateral amputee when a drunk driver struck his car at 145 mph.
Cunningham says his new Dodge Challenger will help him travel to many places and events he longs to see, none more-so than his 17-year-old daughter's high-school graduation.
"It will allow me to make as many memories as possible while my daughter is still at home," Cunningham says.
Courteau, Morgan and Cunningham were selected to receive vehicles retrofitted for their specific needs from hundreds of entries in the Long Love Cars contest. Veterans with disabilities and spouses were eligible to write about their favorite automotive memory, their need for a vehicle and the first place they plan to travel to reestablish their love of cars. Once six finalists were selected, more than 10,000 votes from the public determined the winners.
Team owner Roger Penske, PIR president Bryan Sperber, Pennzoil global brand manager Chris Hayek, Sam Hornish Jr. -- driver of the No. 22 Pennzoil Dodge -- and Mark Dowlis, executive director of the Paralyzed Veterans of America will join Keselowski for Sunday's presentation ceremony.
NASCAR affixed a special Veterans Day decal to the B pillar of cars in all series racing at Phonenix this weekend and teams, drivers and sponsors have gone out of their way to honor veterans and their families, as well.
Danica Patrick, driving in her final Sprint Cup race of the season, is promoting the Semper Fi Fund (to benefit injured warriors), the message on her TV panel noting that Go Daddy founder Bob Parson will match donations to the fund up to $1 million.
* Video: Watch as Newman's car is transformed into a Veterans Day tribute
Ryan Newman's No. 39 Army Chevrolet features a desert camouflage paint scheme with the faces of more than 250 active and retired military members who have done business with sponsor Quicken Loans. Words on the TV panel on the rear of Newman's car read: "Home of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave."
"It's an awesome paint scheme with the digital desert camo," says Newman, who has four top-five finishes, including a win in his last five starts at Phoenix. "Soldiers allow us to do what we love. They give me the chance to race in NASCAR. I think Veterans Day has added meaning. It's a day to give thanks to the men and women who have done so much to give us the freedoms we have.
"A lot of us -- myself included -- take for granted the freedoms we have. ... This weekend, I hope everyone takes a moment to thank a soldier and to just be thankful for the things they have done to give us the free country we have."
Kurt Busch, driving the No. 78 Furniture Row Chevrolet, echoed that sentiment.
"[On] Veterans Day, a special shout-out goes to all those men and women who [have] served in the military," Busch said. "You are my heroes. Thank you for protecting our freedom."
Related:
Behind the Wheel: Newman thankful for our veterans
Six Pack: Riggle salutes NASCAR's commitment to military
Soldiers to be honored at Martinsville
NASCAR hosting special guests at Kansas

* Note: NASCAR Race 2day @ 2PM (Eastern Time) on ESPN
** Race Buddy is free 2day (Go to NASCAR.COM)
*** Radio coverage on MRN (Motor Racing Network)

Last edited by Space; 11-11-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

happy vet's day, a big thanks to everyone who has served!

not much going on here today, it's a beautifull day out and i just finished washing my truck, gonna go wax it in a minute

Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Hi `Ryan, it's great to see you online more often 4 Sure
What type of wax are you going to use ? Any luck on your job search ? Have you or your father did anything to the Desota ?
Keep us updated...I really like that car...Look forward to reading all about it + more pic's...

Wish you a Super Sunday ~> EnJoy

Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Stuck inside writing a paper that I should have written long ago. Might go clean up Monte today since it's warm but not sunny. Perfect weather for detailing, if it weren't for the filthy Atlanta air.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Good Morning `Rick,
What type of Harley are you looking for ? Do you have any dream pictures of it ? What are you going to do today besides Watch the Lions `go (Where are they going 2 ) ? LOL
I have never been able to keep up with pro football, but many at work follow it faithfully & bet on some of the games.

Wish you sunshine & a happy `day ~> EnJoy
Looking for a FLHTC ? or as most guys know it as. A Dressers or Bagger. Lions on in 30 mins. Space hope you have a great day !

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, November 11, 2012