Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - Father's Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Sarge `Drew,
That is a great song (link) you posted..Very touching
Please pray for our member's while you are at church 2day.
EnJoy your Sunday..
===========================================
Hi `Devin, wish you a good rest/recharge & a great day
=========================================
Happy Father's day `Lou, enjoy your special day with family. Thanks for checking in & all your contributions to the MCF
============================================
Hi `John, would love to see pic's of your dad's 59 Corvette 4-Sure...Wish you a super father's day 2gether..EnJoy

====================================
Hi `Jerry, sorry to read about the bad weather at the concert.
Happy Father's Day to you & I hope that you have a super time at the Car Show...Thanks for checking in
======================================
Good Morning `Mike, I hope you have good weather for your car show & that you have a Happy Father's Day..
EnJoy & Be happy to `be
=========================================
Wish all father's & member's a Happy Day... EnJoy

Old 06-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning friends.

The meet and greet was fantastic yeserday. Wayne (Rockin SS), Terresa (Lady T) , Dave (Zipper), Matt MistriSS), Ashley and her mom all where there. There were good eats and terrific weather! Pics to come after I wake up a bit .

Afterward we went to a BBQ for father-in-law. Zach my step son got me a card (as he has every father's day) but this one was different.
It was the 1st non-comical and serious one. He has ever gotten me. It had a 57 chevy picture on it, basically calling me a classic that he would never trade.
(Or he was telling me I was older than dirt?)

At any rate it made me tear up and give him a big hug.

Was a great day yesterday.

Last edited by Tadcaster; 06-17-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:10 AM

Happy Father's Day `Tadd
Your post made me tear`up ..Zach is fortunate to have you in his life & it's great that he got you a special card...
How old is dirt ? It's as old as you want it 2 `be.

It's great that the get together was fun with some super member's and some really super pictures of everyone & their Monte's. Look 4ward to seeing your pic's.
Wish you a Super SunDay & father's Day

Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Tadd: That brings a tear to every Dad's I bet. Happy Father day to all of you Dad's out there. I broke my own rule about phones in the bedroom last night. Well this morning my daughter text me Happy father's day dad. Which is cool as all get out. But at 6:30 am ? But I LOVED IT. Her and I text all day to each other. Now I'm waiting for the other 3 to call me. My wife is making a big fuss over this day. Rib's, Hamburgers, potato salad, some kind of spagetti salad, a cake is baking in the oven right now. The house smells fantastic. My 2 daughters and their familys are due over this aft. My son'r live out of state. One in Mi the other in Fargo. Think I'll start my day off with a cup of coffee and go wash the Monte. She got caught in a 2 min shower on the way home from picking up my grandson yesterday. 15 mins and she got all wet. . 1st time I've had to wash her since Dec. Cause she never goes out in bad waether. Dang it .. But this will be a fun day. Plus some NASCAR & Golf on TV. And my kids and grand kids around me. What else can a man ask for. its a Beautiful Sunny warm day here in Minn. Enjoy your day all of you. Rick

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 06-17-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Happy Father's Day `Rick,
You have so much to be Happy about 4-Sure.
EnJoy your special day with family - EnJoy
I wish you Happiness

The most important thing you can do in your life is to be happy – to be happy now, and all of the time. Nothing else is as important – nothing!
Why you ask? First, truly happy people never kill, steal, intentionally injure, lie or judge. They generate happy contagious energy that puts others at ease and make them feel good. Happy people tend to focus upon love and are more apt to give unconditionally. Conversely, truly unhappy people , ones without hope, focused upon fear, hate, worry, scarcity, and the like are the ones who fight, kill, wage war, steal, rape, and demean. Though we might term those actions as “bad,” I maintain that the actions are the result of unhappiness, the byproduct of fearful or hopeless people and not “bad” ones.

Wish everyOne a Happy `Day - `Life

Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

Again, for those interested, I just wanted to mention the pictures from our Michigan meet yesterday are in the MCF Michigan Meet N Greet Pics thread in the Off Topic section. Check those out if you haven't yet!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 AM

Got to working on the Camaro and lost track of time. Won't be making it to the service but I'll make it to sunday school.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Got to working on the Camaro and lost track of time. Won't be making it to the service but I'll make it to sunday school.

Hi `Sarge, I'm sure you will be forgiven I believe that you don't have to `go to a building/structure to `pray. The masters creations are everywhere in life......

I believe "My Body is my church, and my mind is where I pray"... Yes, I do `pray everyday that I am given, & I am very thankful 2 `be 4-Sure

p.s. I hope you get a passing grade in SunDay Zchool

Old 06-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Morning Guys and Happy Fathers day. Been very busy trying to get my garage redo done.
Well I have Insulated, Sheet rock and Floated. I started painting yesterday and I will install the A/C unit sometime this week. But today I will spend time with my kids and my awesome wife have fun they will be grown and gone way to soon!!

Old 06-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning all and Happy Fathers Day. Good kind words on here today. We spent the day at my uncle's yesterday playing cornhole and volleyball in the pool. He has lost all his kids and I bought him a nice card for Fathers Day. Even though his boys are gone, He is still a father and I am sure my late cousins would appreciate me doing that for him. I was kind of worried it would upset him but he seemed Ok. It has been just a little over a year since his last boy passed. We all had a good time. Enjoy the day all. cloudy here and need rain. 50% chance.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - Father's Day