Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, July 21st, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

So inspirational Space..
If your senior bums are fading, I think you gave them a great gift to brighten it up(flashlight).. Seriously its great to spend time with the elderly. I think they really enjoy it. I will go to Bingo with my aunt occasionally, she is like 81 and her sight is fading. Hard for her since she has been a bingo player for as long as I remember.
What was your drink of choice last night. I have a frozen dacqueri in the freezer I keep forgetting about. Might lounge by the pool and have it today since I dont work tomorrow. I can't get in the pool but can dip my feet in.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 AM

* Hi `Jerry, it's great to read that you are doing better & making the best of your recovery...My drink was rum & coke with a lime (?) & I was buzzed after one drink, but had a few more...(I'm not a drinker 4-Sure) or I'm a cheap drunk (LOL)

It's very sad that everyone has moved away from our Ocean Beach Village because of aging seniors & the cost to live by the ocean. (Insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.) is sky `high. My grandfather has a condo at the senior center + his other property investment properties. I'm thankful & happy that my grandfather is doing so much better since his stroke. I hope to see him later today, after I have a meeting shortly with my boss/owner.

`Jerry, wish you a speedy recovery & a healthy/happy life!
================================
* Hi Mel, sorry about Mother Nature not providing you Sunshine, but I'm sure that you will enjoy your future sunny car shows. Good things are worth waiting for, but I'm sorry that so many lost the chance to admire your awesome S.S.
-------------------------------------------
Hi `Tadd, I've been catching `up on reading posts & it's great to see your awards 4-Sure...Congrat's
=====================
Hi Mod `David, hope your dog doesn't freak `out & that you don't overdue it today doing your home chores...Sunday is a day of rest > isn't it ? (LOL)...Wish you Sunshine & a happy day.
===============================
Hello `Keane, wish you super good luck on the `job that you are applying. Keep us updated & the best to you >Oh, don't 4-get to enjoy life & all that you have 4-Sure
------------------------------------
Hello `Lou > Taz,
I sure hope that you can get some good rest on your cooler day.
Wish you the best in life & I hope that life treats you well
===================
Hi `Devin, How's the show ? I read the link to the show & WoW is it a large event. We will be looking forward to your updates...Wish you a fun time & a safe return trip home in your awesome Monte
================
I must exit & prepare for a short meeting, but I wish everyone a safe & happy Sunday & > `Life > EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 07-21-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
So simple yet so complex. The person that wrote those words has extraordinary insight.

Good to see you getting some quality time with family and friends, 'Space. Your visit was no doubt welcome and a comfort for your elderly friends.

Originally Posted by 77gp
Seriously its great to spend time with the elderly. I think they really enjoy it. I will go to Bingo with my aunt occasionally, she is like 81 and her sight is fading. Hard for her since she has been a bingo player for as long as I remember.
Veteran's Day & Memorial Day are excellent times to visit your local VA Hospital. It gives you the opportunity to shake the hands of and thank a few strangers for their efforts. Sometimes them just knowing that someone appreciates them is enough to put a smile on their face.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good afternoon everyone! The temperatures finally cooled down now that there are clouds in the sky. What a relief! I can finally enjoy my drive without the a/c cranking.(i'm a windows down type of person..)

So, i took a awesome pic of my monte with the mini-monte. I'm surprised how dead on this model car is to the real thing

Old 07-21-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
So simple yet so complex. The person that wrote those words has extraordinary insight.
Thanks `Mike, I agree 100% 4-Sure....Thanks for your words/posts & sharing your insight + thanks for your words on visiting with seniors & veterans. The bum's & I were raised & taught by our senior citizen village & they did not only teach us by words, they lived by them & set a good example. I love talking to elders & hearing about their life, their trials & tribulations...They shared the wisdom they have gained during their journeys of life. I've learn so much from them & it has helped me so much on my journey of life...I am so thankful they freely shared their wisdom with `love!
"If one does not control their mind, their life (?) Who will ?"
I think it's best not to let negative/toxic people rent space in my head > I just raise the rent & kick them `Out >

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
good afternoon everyone! The temperatures finally cooled down now that there are clouds in the sky. What a relief! I can finally enjoy my drive without the a/c cranking.(i'm a windows down type of person..)

So, i took a awesome pic of my monte with the mini-monte. I'm surprised how dead on this model car is to the real thing

Hi `Jen, Thanks for sharing your super/awesome picture of your S.S. & mini-S.S. > Very creative 4-Sure > Thank You

Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Hey Jen,i'm gonna steal the wheels off your model so my model will match my car...

Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Really cool pic Jen, NICE

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Sitting at my cousins graduation party, zzzzzzzz.... Atleast i have the New Monte, getting to do a little show and tell

Old 07-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good afternoon Busy weekend for me here. Fri all day I helped my daughter & Son in law move some stuff from one home to the other . Getting way too old to do that stuff any more. Thank God they hired movers to do the heavy stuff . We just took the little stuff and anything that would fit in the 2 SUV's. Got home around 6 ish. My wife had dinner waiting for everyone . Then we headed home for a shower & to cool off. Saturday my wife said to take some time & relax. I'll go help them for a while today. Soooo I took off to the Car CRAFT NAT'LS at the St Paul fair grounds. Met up with my old club members and walked around at over 3,000 Muscle car's . Chevelle's Camaro's even a Dodge Superbird. Worth $ 350,000 . That thing was just awesome. 740 HP to the rear wheels. . The cars were just fantastic there. I stayed there till it looked like rain might be on the way ( MEL) . But it never came. It was HOT in the Sun. Cooler in the shade. But I was getting hungry. And time was getting into the late afternoon. So I headed home with a cold bottle of water. My wife called and said to not to eat what's on the stove. It's for everyone tonight. Ohh Man . It smelled SO GOOD. But I held out till everyone showed up at our house this time. One nice thing was I got to sit around and chat with the guy that bought my Chevelle. What a NICE guy! I brough some old stuff I had from the Chevelle. And gave him racing oils , Filter, manuals and some interior parts I had. he was glad to get them. So all in all. It was a fantastic day. Plus made a New friend . Which is always nice! Today nothing going on here. Took Ozzie out for a walk and not sitting here with you . Sunday's are a day of rest ! . Ok see ya all later. Good afternoon Space . Nice to see you on here again pal. Who's that guy that started the morning blog ? Nice Job C ya

Old 07-21-2013, 01:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

JEN: Nice touch on the picture. I was going to say something yesterday that you should take a pic of them side by side. But that was even a better shot. NICE WORK Good camera eye !

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, July 21st, 2013