Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, January 29, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I wish I could say that about the Dennys around here. Using the words 'Dennys' and 'good food' in the same sentence would be an oxymoron.
X2

Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dennys around here is the exact opposite. The service is terrible and the food is even worse. The last couple of times I ate there the food was dripping with grease and cold when it was served. That was enough to convince me to never go back.

All this talk about Five Guys Burgers the last few days made me do a search on them. It looks like the closest one to me is in Renton. The next time I'm out that way I'll have to swing by and check them out. I usually don't do fast food, but there's a ma/pa run hole in the wall out in Burien called Bobs Burgers (just like the cartoon) and they serve up one of the best burgers I've ever ate. My favorite fast food though is fish-n-chips at Ivars.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Perkins is better, had some amazing food there Better yet, just go to five guys
I completely agree.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:50 PM

5 Guys isn't really fast food. It costs more and they don't even cook your burger until the order has been passed to the cooks. At least, that's the way it is here. It's wide open behind the register and you can watch them put the raw loose patties right on the fryer.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Dennys around here is the exact opposite. The service is terrible and the food is even worse. The last couple of times I ate there the food was dripping with grease and cold when it was served. That was enough to convince me to never go back.

All this talk about Five Guys Burgers the last few days made me do a search on them. It looks like the closest one to me is in Renton. The next time I'm out that way I'll have to swing by and check them out. I usually don't do fast food, but there's a ma/pa run hole in the wall out in Burien called Bobs Burgers (just like the cartoon) and they serve up one of the best burgers I've ever ate. My favorite fast food though is fish-n-chips at Ivars.
Mike the Denny's around here are the same terrible service and food. I don't know how they stay in business.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 PM

Oh my goodness where's 1500 bucks when I need it.

1984 GRAND PRIX

I'd ****** this up in a heartbeat if I had the cash. I'm hoping that it'll stay for a while. These cars aren't exactly that popular around here and tend to stay on the market for a while. I just need about 6 weeks or so and if it's still there I may snag it.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:55 PM

Afternoon all, I have been spending some qt with the fiance this weekend. She is at work now so I thought I would hop on the blog and say hi.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Oh my goodness where's 1500 bucks when I need it.

1984 GRAND PRIX

I'd ****** this up in a heartbeat if I had the cash. I'm hoping that it'll stay for a while. These cars aren't exactly that popular around here and tend to stay on the market for a while. I just need about 6 weeks or so and if it's still there I may snag it.
Not a bad looking car at all.
There's an '87 around here, but he's asking $4000.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM

Every now and then I look around and there were a few up in PA that were pretty cheap that stayed on there for a while. More towards the Pittsburgh area if I recall correctly. There's an 86 near here but the previous owner pulled the 305 and dropped in a 350 and so I'm too unsure about how the motor is set up to trust it to pass emissions. If that 84 is all original and is running decent, I imagine it should pass. Plus the current owner lives in a county that requires emissions, whereas the 86 is in a county that does not.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Finished washing me and my friends Mustang 02'
Figured we should go out and take some pictures to prove my Monte is still alive haha. Ill post a vid of the new exhaust later this week so keep watch.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, January 29, 2012