Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, February 10th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I feel pretty bad for you Jen. I guess you need a flask or 2 for work (I do). I also feel really bad for #7. The though of it in the snow pains me. Maybe other means of transport can be arranged in severe weather? Maybe David can get some snow tires for the barstool and loan you that? I have crap knees too - I'm wearing a brace on my left right now. If I got stuck I'd probably have left the car where it was
the monte was stuck in quite a tight spot, a few people came inches close to hitting it..Unfortunatly at the time I was starting to think of walking home I just didn't have any energy. I barely ate anything all day so trying to dig out the car at 1:30am on a empty stomach didn't feel too good. so, I just sat & waited.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Afternoon Everyone

Old 02-10-2013, 04:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
the monte was stuck in quite a tight spot, a few people came inches close to hitting it..Unfortunatly at the time I was starting to think of walking home I just didn't have any energy. I barely ate anything all day so trying to dig out the car at 1:30am on a empty stomach didn't feel too good. so, I just sat & waited.
I don't blame you. And sitting stuck in a snow bank in #7 enjoying the bottle is probably not the best of all ideas. But a tempting one to ease the tension and pain.

A few years ago my wife left our Regal GS in a snowbank and sure enough, somebody hit it. That was a tough car that we never fixed and I liked it way more than the stupid Volvo she has (and I pay dearly for) now...

Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

evening all. Jen sorry to hear about your long night. Hope they will do soemthing for you, but sadly from my experience they'll probably just blow you off.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I feel pretty bad for you Jen. I guess you need a flask or 2 for work (I do). I also feel really bad for #7. The though of it in the snow pains me. Maybe other means of transport can be arranged in severe weather? Maybe David can get some snow tires for the barstool and loan you that? I have crap knees too - I'm wearing a brace on my left right now. If I got stuck I'd probably have left the car where it was

Brent:
I would have no problem Lending it to her! No matter what the reason!
For me:
Leaveing My Monte anywhere is not an option, Being an above knee amputee, Leaves me minimal options. Realistically, I cant walk very far anyway.. Im barely able to walk across a street. Let alone in any kind of snowy inclement weather.
So, I have to have and rely on haveing road service I can count on..
Thats why I have AAA plus RV gold... For $75.00 a year ... even if I dont use it is worth it to me... If the need arises...They will tow me 100miles for free, Tire changes, Jumps, gas If I happen to run out...I can also Have a specialty tow (roll back service)... Which i would only use if need be for any of my vehicles..(No wheel lifts) or sling.
Yes I know it sounds a bit much...But as an amputee I have no other choice.
Jen : If for instance, I lived in your area I would gladly use my AAA services to help you out anytime!... I have already had to use it numerious times for my ex's son.. He still calls me dad...to this day... Even though I havent been with his mom in over 10 yrs!
I too wear a knee brace almost daily for my good knee...So, I completely understand what you and brent are feeling when it comes to failing body parts...

Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I too wear a knee brace almost daily for my good knee...So, I completely understand what you and brent are feeling when it comes to failing body parts...
the sad part is I'm only 22 & my knees are miserable..to the point were I may need surgery in the next few years. They tend to roll alot without a brace; majority on my left knee. Was on crutches for 2 months after slicing my foot open 2 years ago, one day I got up & my left knee completely slipped out & broke a stitch in the process..ever since they've just gotten worse.. I've been thinking of AAA for a while, but I barely can make ends meet as is..I was almost ready to call 911 for someone to help, luckily someone came by last night with a tow rope..

Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

knee pain sucks ive had surgery twice on my right knee & prob will need it again

Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

evening all. Im glad I made it through all the snow we had without getting stuck. I am also glad that all my aches and pains are not bad enough to require any surgeries.

David the barstool racer looks pretty cool. I would like to build one someday.

Jen just become friends with a wrecker driver. One of my best friends drives one and i just call him directly if I have a problem.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
the sad part is I'm only 22 & my knees are miserable..to the point were I may need surgery in the next few years. They tend to roll alot without a brace; majority on my left knee. Was on crutches for 2 months after slicing my foot open 2 years ago, one day I got up & my left knee completely slipped out & broke a stitch in the process..ever since they've just gotten worse.. I've been thinking of AAA for a while, but I barely can make ends meet as is..I was almost ready to call 911 for someone to help, luckily someone came by last night with a tow rope..
Thanks Lou!
got lucky he only wants $500.00 for it... originally his ad on craigs list he wanted $1200.00... I guess he feels sorry for me...But understands my inabilitys....

JEN:
Im sorry your haveing so muich trouble at such a young age... Maybe more milk or a Calcium w D supplement would help?
I take it daily... The rhuematoid arthritis I have likes to eat my bones and muscles...I just had a bone scan at my 3 month visit to my RA doc and he says its helping my bones from not deteriorating so fast.

Im suppose to have a knee replacement on my "good" knee...
But in just not ready to be laid out for a cpl month of recovery...
If I could help someone I would anytime, if its possible...

Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Thanks Lou!
got lucky he only wants $500.00 for it... originally his ad on craigs list he wanted $1200.00... I guess he feels sorry for me...But understands my inabilitys....

JEN:
Im sorry your haveing so muich trouble at such a young age... Maybe more milk or a Calcium w D supplement would help?
I take it daily... The rhuematoid arthritis I have likes to eat my bones and muscles...I just had a bone scan at my 3 month visit to my RA doc and he says its helping my bones from not deteriorating so fast.

Im suppose to have a knee replacement on my "good" knee...
But in just not ready to be laid out for a cpl month of recovery...
If I could help someone I would anytime, if its possible...
thats whats holding me up for any surgery, its just the downtime. Its not until the wife has her license and car I can do it.. I've been taking calcium supplements but it still won't help. Right now its swollen at the sides.& thats usually were it normally it is.

Feeling a bit better now(now im going to sound like a alcoholic...)
Had a few concoctions, including some hot chocolate with strawberry tequila rose.
anyway..im done stealing the blog..