Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 26, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:40 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

BBMike
If I take it to someone else, it is usually because I have screwed something up badly...LOL
My neighbor guy has me do all his oil changes now on his Grand Prix. He sits on his porch and watches me work on my car and comes over and watches sometimes. He says he has never seen a girl work on her car all day and not be afraid to break a nail or get filthy with grease and grime...LOL Honestly, I would rather work on my car and make it better than get all dressed up and go somewhere pointless..LOL But that's just me!! Well back outside to put the other glass pack on. Can't wait to fire her up and hear what she sounds like...SO EXCITED!!!!!
Edited to add video/audio and the underside of my car is NOT like Gregs!!! LOL Hmmm and the video is sideways...oh well.

Last edited by P343; 04-26-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:26 PM

LOL Hmmm and the video is sideways...oh well

Hi `Barbara, I've heard that exhaust fumes can do that to a
person or camera > (LOL).
Your Monte plays a nice tune (I love that kind of music: )

Most men I know like greasy/dirty girls that like to work
on cars + I also know a girl on the docks that likes them 2 (LOL)
* & she is the best & hardest worker on the docks also
It's such a liberal/open world we are living.
I believe in 2 each their own (as long as they aren't hurting
anyone) WoW, got `off topic
*Barbara, did you take your Monte on the road for a test run ?
If you put a 3/4 race cam in your 350, would that change
your class ? Did you ever re-jet your carb ?
What's next 2 do on your Monte ?
EnJoy reading about your Monte & progress > Thanks <

What's everyone doing 2nite ?
I just got back from visiting the Beach Bum seniors. One said
that Space was there today (wow).. It's sad to see their minds
fade with time , but in some ways it's good that they
can 4-get some hard/bad times in their lives.

Wish everyone a good `eve
EnJoy

Old 04-26-2015, 06:12 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
[CENTER]

*Barbara, did you take your Monte on the road for a test run ?
If you put a 3/4 race cam in your 350, would that change
your class ? Did you ever re-jet your carb ?
What's next 2 do on your Monte ?
EnJoy reading about your Monte & progress > Thanks <
LOL got the video straightened out finally. Probably was the exhaust fumes...LOL
Yes, I took the Monte out for a test run. I could NOT replicate the trouble I was having at the track at WOT so, hopefully I have the problem corrected.
Changing my cam will not change my class. Will not change the cam until I have a new rear end assembly, such as 3.73, that will efficiently utilize the power an upgraded cam will provide. The only way they would make me change classes is if I put in a trans brake or delay box. Now I can move up voluntarily if and when I choose but Sportsman class is the only one to run 1/4 mile. The rest run 1/8 mile.
No, I did not jet up the carb because I am actively looking for a Double pumper Holley 600-650 cfm carb with manual secondaries. I DID give the Edelbrock carb I have a good cleaning though.
Next thing to do on the Monte is electric water pump drive.
Then I am going to loop the power steering lines and delete the power steering belt/pump.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks `Barbara for the update & sharing your plans... The 3:73 posi will help 4-Sure...+ any drain on power like the water pump. steering & also electric fuel pump. I will check with my speed freak heads `if they know of any Holley Double Pumper's....

Wish you good luck on getting all the parts you desire to get your Monte where you want it to `be....What is your ET & speed goal ?

13's in 1/4 miles @ over 100 MPH ? or more ? Do you still want to keep it street able ?

Old 04-26-2015, 06:29 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

BBMike-13's and 100 mph in the 1/4 will probably not happen with the stock rear end set up and stock cam.
My goal right now is breaking into the 14's and 96MPH
Best ET and mph to date is 15:04 and 93.33mph
I have to keep it streetable for now until I can afford a truck and trailer to haul it.
That will not happen until the other Monte is paid off the middle of next year.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:38 PM

Hi `Barbara, we's Blog'in this `eve & keeping our `Blog & Forum active (lol)

Thanks for your reply > Realistic 4-Sure<> It's sad that it takes so many $'s 2 enjoy the things in life we desire.... I still believe it becomes better if we have to give up to make our dreams in life come true....Space & the Bum's were taught that we would have to give `up to get our desires. I didn't like that, but it's been proven true in my life...

Keep giving `up & working towards your dreams & they will come true...If they don't...Go out every nite & wish upon as many stars as you can see Wish you the best...

OK, whose next 2 keep our Blog going ?? I think it's you `if you have read this far (?)...We will just sit here & wait to see what fall outa your head on2 this screen we are look'in at

Old 04-26-2015, 06:46 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I like bloggin & keeping the forum active when I can. Wish others would join.
Anyway, I sure would have more money if I did not race but I am having fun and that is what matters to me at this point in my life. When I stop having fun, I will be done. Life is too short to be miserable.
So I hope all the seniors you went to visit today were glad to see you!!!

Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good evenning to all, its a bit late i know but better late than never, just put the baby down to sleep, my other son is sleep he has school tomorrow, i just got finished cleaning my original throttle body, i bought a altenator from the junkyard for 50 bucks friday i cleaned that, and i found a nice pickup at my local rite aid when i was getting scrubbing pads, its not my color but ill change that next weekend

Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Evening everyone, got the engine cover mostly done, was painting the 3800 series II and some white paint dripped on to the red but a quick touch up in the morning and all is good . Next I'm ordering the red wires from zzp and painting the cross member bars and strut tower brace in red, then putting on some red flex hose (the plastic stuff) so it will have a bit of a "bling" factor under the hood lol

David the bike looks nice, I am jealous as I really miss my harley's this time of year, but at same time very happy for you.

Barbara looks like you had a very productive day, good work and keep working towards getting your car where you want it to be, the hard work is paying off for you

Mel, glad you only had minimal damage from the storm, it could have been worse

BBMike hope you enjoyed your day.

I hope everyone else enjoyed their day as well

Old 04-26-2015, 08:49 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks Ken!!
Can't wait to see the changes you are working on!!!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 26, 2015