Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 26, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 09:33 AM

Hi Mod David & thanks for your reply. It's great that you have a professional company that you trust to do the work.

I don't know that much about Harley's (but I like them), but is a Police Package built stronger because of the duties they perform ? During the conversion will they go over the whole bike to check everything out ? Will be looking forward to your updates I bet you can't wait to get it back

I sure hope I'm in the area when you visit Florida..It would be super to meet `up & enjoy & celebrate life 2gether. (Will you be towing your trike I've only been to Ft Myers a few times on business, but it's a beautiful area of Florida...I don't like big cities like Miami.....I'm more of a beach bum country type of kid (Lol) Miami to me is like visiting another country & it's 2 fast paced & crazy 4 me (& I'm kinda crazy)>LOL.....I think half the driver don't have driver license & they all think they are race car drivers (they aren't) 4>Sure! LOL
======================================
Hi `Zach, it's great that you washed your Monte, I hope you washed yourself 2 >LOL> Wish U sunshine & a EZ work shift.

Wish `all a Happy Sunday > Funday > EnJoy<

Old 04-26-2015, 10:37 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Morning BBMike-"Barbara, is your distributor a single or dual point ?
Do you have a timing light ? Feeler guage ? ie: a
gauge 2 see how U feel ? (lol)"
I have an HEI distributor. A friend is coming over with a timing light as I have NO CLUE how to use one. Hmm no feeler gauge but I am feeling fine at the moment!!! LOL

David:
I have watched some videos and am reading the instructions that came with the new MSD cap and rotor.
I have already marked each plug wire with tape but I also have the firing order memorized in case the tape comes off...LOL I just get nervous when I am about to do anything to the car that I have never done before...LOL My racing buddies told me I will laugh at how easy this is to do once I am done...yeah ok. You guys have done this before!!!
BTW Congrats on the Harley!!!
OOps forgot to mention--Ken, thanks for starting today's blog

Old 04-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all

Old 04-26-2015, 10:57 AM

Hi `Barbara,
It's great to read that you are feeling good

Above is a feeler gauge to set the point(s) in a distributor
I don't know `if yours has points or not ? I just know growing up Grandpa Space taught us how to set points in a distributor on various boat engines & some were Chevy 350's.
I'm sure that you will have fun & learn...I love working on engines, but I'm sure not a pro 4-Sure...Wish you good luck & fun doing your work...
Belows a funny entertaining vid on putting in a HEI
Timed by `Ear It works, but it's better using a light.
Good Luck >EnJoy<
================================

Good Pre afternoon `Keane & Member's.
* Keane, I hope you are getting things ready for your big day of graduating from College Your Monte Carlo Family is so proud of you 4>Sure

Old 04-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning afternoon all well we had a big storm come through yesterday with 60 mph winds tore off quite a bit off limbs off of our cypress trees what a mess got everything cleaned up. I sure hope we dont get anymore of that type of storms this spring. Well have a good Sunday all.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all, finally sold one of the things i had on craigslist, a small kitchen stove lol. Still got 4 more things to try and sell.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:22 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

BBMike-Oh I have a set of those but I do not have points on my distributor as mine is an HEI distributor. I use those to gap my spark plugs...lol
Ok FINALLY got the #6 plug changed after removing the header but then it caused the exhaust to come loose...ARGHHH Thinking about just throwing on my glass packs right on the headers!!!! Not sure if it can be done but I guess I am going to find out!!!
Found where my power loss was coming from. Upon removing the old cap and rotor, I found that the rotor button had burnt and broken off.
I am surprised it even started..The new one is on now and I am trying to get the car put back together before I try to start it...LOL The neighbors don't care for my open headers while working on the car..LOL

Attached Thumbnails Sunday, April 26, 2015-img_20150426_124125.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by P343
BBMike-Oh I have a set of those but I do not have points on my distributor as mine is an HEI distributor. I use those to gap my spark plugs...lol
Ok FINALLY got the #6 plug changed after removing the header but then it caused the exhaust to come loose...ARGHHH Thinking about just throwing on my glass packs right on the headers!!!! Not sure if it can be done but I guess I am going to find out!!!
Found where my power loss was coming from. Upon removing the old cap and rotor, I found that the rotor button had burnt and broken off.
I am surprised it even started..The new one is on now and I am trying to get the car put back together before I try to start it...LOL The neighbors don't care for my open headers while working on the car..LOL
Hi Barbara,
Thanks for your response & it's great that you are point-less
Also, I don't think it's good 2 run open header's unless your engine is built for it. I believe that cold air entering your engine could warp a valve or burn a piston (?)...I would check with your expert mechanical friends or ask here on the MCF. (It's just the way I was taught) I think it better to be safe > then Sorry

I hope another member(s) comment on this ?
Wish you good luck & I hope your headers seal back up tight
================================================== ==

Old 04-26-2015, 03:06 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

BBMike
I don't run open at the motor but I have been known to undo the exhaust at the track and WOW it is loud and I love it!!! Got the plugs all changed, cap and rotor changed, and headers sealed back up, now I am working on putting the glass packs on underneath. All my buddies are down in Indy racing today and I am in the driveway fixing things!!! LOL Oh well, won't race it if it's not running correctly.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:14 PM

Hi `Barbara, that's great to read. I think it's great that you work on your own car...There's seems to be many that take it to someone else & miss out on the fun & enjoyment (rewards) of doing it themselves. Just about anyone can push a gas peddle, but it's more rewarding in my eyes to put your time/love into your machine to make it go faster, better & 2 the finish line..

Good Luck on getting it the way you want it 2 `be

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>WIN

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 26, 2015