Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 22nd 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Thanks space!! Definitely taking plenty of pics/videos!
Maybe next year you can tag along! quite a long trip from your plannet though I'm sure!
Hope you enjoy your sunday space!

Th

Hi `Devin, I'd love 2 be there & tag along...I love Road courses like the Glenn & it has a great Racing History.... I hope someday to be able to see a race there..
Wish you a SuperSuper SunDay ~> EnJoy.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all. I'm just sittin' here enjoying a cup of coffee and gathering my thoughts. Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day weather wise. It was sunny with scattered clouds but got up to 65°. We went for a cruise down to Alki Beach, stopped at the boat launch on the way home and snapped a few pics of the Monte with the Seattle skyline as the backdrop. I'll post them in a little while. Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning friends! Got a a fair amount of work completd on the Deuce so far. My goal is to have her done by Mother's day. Will post pics when she is done. Think I located a lift to clean and detail her under carriage too.

Will work on her some more today. Not really in a hurry; just being paticular and hoping it pays off (Lots of work and time invested in her so far)

Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 AM

Mornin guys. I'm waiting for the DFAC to open so I can grab a bite to eat before I leave. Y'all will be interested to know that there's an 80 or 81 Turbo Monte for sale pretty close to Fort Knox. I passed it on the way to get my tattoo and naturally had to go look at it. Wish I had the money; it would be coming home with me if I did.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Good mornin' all. I'm just sittin' here enjoying a cup of coffee and gathering my thoughts. Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day weather wise. It was sunny with scattered clouds but got up to 65°. We went for a cruise down to Alki Beach, stopped at the boat launch on the way home and snapped a few pics of the Monte with the Seattle skyline as the backdrop. I'll post them in a little while. Hope everyone enjoys their day!
Morning Mike: When I was in the Navy up there in Seattle. My shipmate was from there. So on our nights off. We would run up & down Aliki alot back then. He had a Brand new 62 Chevy White with Red interior. I heard its not the same as it once was back in the day. Man we had some good times down there. Lookin at cars & pickin up women. Sounds like a country song huh ?

Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning everyone. mn its hard to know what day it is. I thought it was Monday. Then my wife asked if I was going to tape the Nascar race today. Ohhh its Sunday? When your retired everyday is Sunday. Unless your going to visit someone. Cloudy here and 42. But it feels like 43. Now this is suppose to be our warm up week into the low to mid 70's. Man I hope so. I talked to my buddy in AZ yesterday & it was 99. Thats in te shade. He was in his hamock with a cold beer under his tree. And he said it was great. But in the S. West Sun can be brutal. I know that for a fact. Ok better go help my wife out. She wants to change the bdrom around. Better now then later. Ok C ya all later GO 88

Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning all. Gotta get the car cleaned up today. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Morning Mike: When I was in the Navy up there in Seattle. My shipmate was from there. So on our nights off. We would run up & down Aliki alot back then. He had a Brand new 62 Chevy White with Red interior. I heard its not the same as it once was back in the day. Man we had some good times down there. Lookin at cars & pickin up women. Sounds like a country song huh ?
I lived in the Admiral district growing up so Alki beach was my home away from home. My older sister taught me how to skim in the soup there when I was 5. Many evenings/nights were spent there racing up and down the road and/or sitting around the bonfire on the beach sippin' a cold one, smokin' Mother Nature and playin' the guitar. And the women...lol...if you had a hot car, long hair and could play the guitar they were all over you like white on rice. It's nowhere near what it was like in the 60s & 70s. Almost all of the homes across from the beach are now condos and the people living there think they own the beach. Traffic is a single lane each direction now. Parking is limited and if a cop sees you go past more than once in the same direction they'll pull you over and give you a ticket for 'cruising'. I still enjoy going there but it will never be the same...

Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning all!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning!

Going to an open house this afternoon. Not overly optimistic about this house. It's near a local airport. Not sure I want to live next to an airport.

Amy, it really is weird seeing your sig without Silver in it. Congrats on selling Silver. And don't forget. When you get the 'stang, please post pics!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Sunday, April 22nd 2012