Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

stupid student loans

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default stupid student loans

alrighty found out 2day that banks are no longer giving private student loans out to students enrolled in 2 year colleges. They will give a loan out to a student if the school will approve the loan but my school, of course, will not. So i find myself with no money to live or pay my bills for the next 4 months. I have a job but bein in school it doesnt allow me to pay for all of my bills and i find myself basically screwed. Now when my lease runs out i can move back in with my parents and just drive an hour 2 school every day (kinda sux) but until then i have to find a way to pay for all of my bills. The parents will help out but they cant afford to give me much money. On top of that when i took the private student loan out last semester apparently the bank did not get the schools approval and when i told the school they told me that they had to report me to the loan department. Now idk what that means but it doesnt sound like fun to me. Anyone have any ideas or knowledge that they would b willing to share wit me about loans and such taht i could look into or any ideas on what i can do...any help is welcome, even if its jsut a laugh

but im still f***in pissed
[/align]

Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Default RE: stupid student loans

Hi Jeremy,
Sorry to read about your student loan problems : (
Will your school assist you in finding additional student loans ?
Below are a few links to check `out.
Wish you the best - Good Luck from`Space
[:-]
Two Year College Student Loans - Apply Online at Loan to Lea...
Loan to Learn’s two year college student loans cover all your education-related expenses for your community college Associates degree. Loan to Learn offers ...
www.loantolearn.com/Education-Loans/two-year-loa... - 27k - Similar pages
http://www.loantolearn.com/Education...year-loan.aspx
FinAid | Student Loans
Two-thirds (65.7%) of 4-year undergraduate students graduate with some debt, .... If you are having a problem with your federal student loan, ...
www.finaid.org/loans/ - 34k - Similar pages
http://www.finaid.org/loans/
Student Loans Start to Bypass 2-Year Colleges - NYTimes.com
Some of the nation’s biggest banks have cut off students at community colleges and other less competitive schools.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/02/bu...html?pagewante... - Similar pages
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/02/bu...mp;ref=opinion
MPR: Citibank suspends student loans to two year colleges
Apr 17, 2008 ... Citibank says it will no longer make two year student loans. ... which could create problems when it comes time to pay the loans back. ...
minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/04/17... - 37k - Similar pages

Jeremy, Do a Search online: >for Two Year Student Loans
Good Luck 4-Sure

Old 12-18-2008, 07:30 AM

Hi `Jeremy,
It seems like nothing good in `life is EZ 4-$ure.
Wish you good luck on finding a student loan.
[:-]

Apply Now: 1-877-728-3030 8am - Midnight (Eastern) [/align]
[/align][/align] [/align][/align][/align]

[/align]

An easy and affordable way to pay for higher education Is college or graduate school in your plans? Whether you’re sending someone to school, or pursuing your own education, Discover Student Loans can help you achieve your goals. Use the extra money to pay for school expenses - tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and more. We offer a complete range of Federal loans including Stafford, Parent PLUS, and Grad PLUS loans. Save money with immediate discounts - zero fees on Stafford loans and 8.25% interest rate on PLUS loans. And with our private education loans, you can cover up to 100% of college expenses and get a 2% cash reward on your outstanding principal balance at graduation. [/align][/align][/align]

[/align]
Federal Stafford Loans
[*][align=center]Fixed interest rate – 6.8% or lower [/align][*][align=center]No payments while in
school at least half-time [/align][*][align=center]Zero fees (you save 2%)

[/align][ol][/ol][align=center]

Private Education Loans [/align][*][align=center]Rates as low as Prime minus 0.5% [/align][*][align=center]No payments while in
school at least half-time [/align][*][align=center]Zero fees and 2% Graduation Reward

[/align][ol][/ol][align=center][/align]
[/align]
Federal PLUS Loans [/align][*][align=center]Fixed interest rate – 8.25% (you save 0.25%) [/align][*][align=center]Loans up to 100% of college expenses

[/align][ol][/ol][align=center][/align]
[/align] Federal Stafford loans, Federal Grad PLUS loans, and private education loans [/align][/align][/align]

[/align] [/align][*][align=center]Access my account [/align][*][align=center]Check my application status [/align][*][align=center]E-sign my Federal Stafford Loan [/align][*][align=center]E-sign my Federal PLUS Loan [/align][*][align=center]E-sign my Private Education Loan [/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][/align]

[/align] [/align][*][align=center]Understanding an award letter [/align][*][align=center]Loan options for families [/align][*][align=center]The importance of good credit [/align][*][align=center]Glossary of financial aid terms [/align][*][align=center]Borrow Smart Video – Part 1 [/align][*][align=center]Borrow Smart Video – Part 2 [/align][*][align=center]Borrow Smart Video – Part 3 [/align][*][align=center]Borrow Smart Video – Part 4 [/align][*][align=center]Borrow Smart Video – Part 5 [/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][/align]

[/align] [/align][*][align=center]Loan repayment calculator Monthly budget worksheet [/align][*][align=center]
Helpful information

> [/align][*][align=center]Download forms

Privacy Policy | Graduation Reward Policy | Prime Interest Rate and APR
About Our Company | Site Map | Terms of Use | Contact Us
©2008 Discover Bank, Member FDIC[/align]

Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM

thanx for the input space and cort...unfortunately the loans that u posted space will cover whatever tuition is not covered by other aid and since my stafford loans cover most of my tuition i will not get much. It is money to live taht i need. The other loans that u posted that allow money for living have to be approved by the school and for sum reason my school will not appove any loans...y im not sure they couldnt give me a good reason.

Cort by credit do u mean credit ?

Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 PM

im sorry that you are having complictions in todays economy. its hurting alot of people. i hope you get through it.

im trying to avoid loans and im going to community college so im savin :P)

Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 PM

aparantly we cant type the word ?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:02 PM

lol nope cant type u n i o n

Old 12-25-2008, 10:21 AM

ill have to check that out...thanx for the tip cort