Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Stupid Comments

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Stupid Comments

What are some of the stupidest comments you've heard people say about your car? Or in general?

I used to rent a garage off this old lady. I took one of my '57s over one night to store it for a while. It was setting in the alley while I pulled another '57 out of the garage. To take home with me. A guy comes by one a bike. Looks my '57 in the alley over a little.

He walks back to the back of the car. 1957 Chevy BelAirs have trim on the quarter panels with an aluminum insert. On this insert is the name: BelAir. This guy looks at the BelAir script and announces: Bonneville. (like in Pontiac)

So much for the school system I graduated from. Cause he came from the same one.

"Here's Your Sign."

Old 01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Default RE: Stupid Comments

I'm a Yamaha Guy. I hear lame comments from other Bikers ... all the time.

Some people have the misguided impression that there aren't quality motorcycles made outside of Milwaukee.
They are wrong.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:29 PM

well im not sure if its suipd but i get this all the time "hey nice lumina u got there"

but the absolute stuipidest car comment i ever got was on my camaro, the licence plate on it read "1HOTPOS" and i had this 1 idiot say "hey what year did chevy make the pos edition camaro" after i got off the ground from laughing so hard i got in and drove off LOL

Old 01-03-2008, 09:31 PM

i was talking with a friend about his grand prix with the 3800 engine and this kid come up and ask what type of car i have. i tell him, then he ask what engine it has and i tell him it is the 3800. then he goes on some rant about how that is the worst engine to have in a car. and i quote " that is the worst4 banger that they ever made it always has valve problems" needless to say me and the kid i was talking to before laid into him pretty good.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:53 PM

...ok the only reason the idiot was in the car was it was my then girl friends, friends, boyfriend... 89 camaro iroc (5.7 auto) at the time was just recently built up to around 300hp/400lb-ft... after stomping on it once he says "wow, this things fast, whats it got? a 2.8?" and he was dead serious.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol.... i'll give you a few. they weren't on my car though....

So theres this guy around here with a pretty sweet '40 Ford Panelwagon. IT's pretty well customized... I was talking to the guy, I correctly guessed ti had a 302 crate in it, and I noticed an A/Ccompressor on it. Now the whole thing was just chrome.. .chrome lines, chrome valve covers, all the scuh. This guy who looked to be in his 30's walks up and says "WOW, is that stock?!?!?!?"

Me and the old guy kind of laughed and he replied, "Yeap, it sure is".

Anotehr one... I hope everyone hear knows what postive traction is for this one.

This idiot around here with a V Sux Mustang (which i can own in a street race btw, i've done it 3 times), talked about his car. He is constnatly doing stupid stuff like reving it up, dropping it in drive, this guy makes the fastest lane change ever too... so anyway. Me and a couple of smart mustnag buddies (one the guy I talk about alot who has the Cobra, anotehr a guy with a GT) are both talking and he says "Man, my car is so much faster now, I broke the rear end. Now only the one tire spins so its a posi trac now." Thats what he said... no lie.

Me and the otherMustang guys haven't gotten over that yet.. it was months ago.

BTW, stupid guy with the V sux who has his "posi trac", the rear end broke good a couple weeks later and the car wuldn't go anywhere. He's had 2 wrecks and hit a deer already. He's had his license 7 months.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:59 PM

I was out with my wife visting one of her cousins (very Blonde) she was telling about how cool her friends car was, this peaked my intrest so I say "what kind of car is it?" she looks at me ...no joke says " a...RED one". that was 5 years ago and i still laugh everytime i think about it...lol

Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

BTW, stupid guy with the V sux who has his "posi trac", the rear end broke good a couple weeks later and the car wuldn't go anywhere. He's had 2 wrecks and hit a deer already. He's had his license 7 months.
talking about wrecks. My older brother has a friend that has been in 4 wrecks and not a single one of them have been moving objects. wreck 1- light pole in high school parking lot. wreck 2- another light pole in the same parking lot. wreck 3-a friends parked car on the side of the street. wreck 4- a cart thingy in a menards parking lot. and according to him none of them are his fault.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

LOL, I hope she thought you asked what color.

I have a '79 Chevy SWB stepside (it's retired for now, someday I'd like to restore it) that we used to pullour 20' RedFin bay boat and 19' camper. We were headed to the coast with it and stopped at this gas station. The lady at the counter says "wow, does that little truck pull ALL that?".
"nope, the boat pushes it"

Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've had people ask if the '71 Chevelle cowl scoop on my pink/white '57 Hardtop was stock? I had one guy tell another it WAS stock from the factory. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.

Since all the Chevy and Monte name plates are off my '86 LS I've had a lot of people ask "What is it?"

A few catch on when they see the bow tie mud flaps on the car.

Quick Reply: Stupid Comments