Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Street Race Video > Busted <

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool > Street Race Video > Busted <

Member's, post your thoughts > Good/Bad/Ok ?

Would you try it ? "Go Pro's can get U in trouble ?

Life can get U in trouble Sometimes, Many times ?

Christopher Adam Tang of New York City allegedly drove his 2006 BMW Z4 around Manhattan in 24 minutes, 7 seconds.

By Douglas Newcomb Fri 11:46 AM

The problem with illegal street racers – besides the fact that they put others on the road at risk – is that they usually crave attention. And with the ubiquity of video cameras and the ease of posting a video for the entire world to see on YouTube, it’s easy and more tempting than ever to publicize dubious deeds.

Of course, in doing so, street racers also risk arrest, which is the case with Christopher Adam Tang, 20, of New York City. Tang recently beat the unofficial record for the “One Lap of Manhattan” by circling the densely populated island on its busy streets in his 2006 BMW Z4 in 24 minutes, seven seconds.

After
and http://jalopnik.com/driver-claims-new-record-for-fastest-lap-around-manhatt-1220993047, New York City’s finest feted Tang by arresting him on Thursday and charging him with reckless driving and reckless endangerment – and seizing his car.

Last edited by Space; 09-10-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

What a moron.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

That's what they have track days for, so you don't go do something like this

We have all been guilty of street racing I'm sure, I do it between the lights if someone pulls up and wants to go to 60. but doing laps around Manhattan, running red lights, putting other drivers in danger, that's just not right.

BUT i must say, it is a neat video

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 09-10-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:15 AM

Thanks `Mike & Devin for your posts.

I've watched it twice... the 2nd time I fastened my safety belts & put on my helmet & just hung `on

I think the driver is a good, crazy & stupid....4-Sure..., but it looked like fun & I'm glad no one was hurt....

It did end up be a very expensive fun for the driver...After he lost his car + a big fine & maybe jail time ? > I wonder `if he will try it again...
You know that some fool is going to try & beat his time... 4-Sure...Is it YOU ? (LOL) ?

Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I don't know, the way you were hyping this up to be I thought he was blowing through multiple red lights and all. Heard he only ran one red light, which I didn't even catch in the video. Actually, what stood out was that he was regarding and waiting out "most" red lights for their full duration even if cross traffic wasn't present. Yeah he was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off. There's a lot of idiots that drive like that but they don't record it and post videos of it online.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:49 AM

Hi `Matt, you would make a good Defense Attorney (LOL)

I wasn't hyping this `vid > I was just posted the facts, nothing but the facts > I was excused from jury duty & did not have to judge...
I still believe it was stupid fun, but dangerous to many on the same roads of this crazy driver. Yes, I see driver's like this just about every time on my highways of life...Miami & Orlando highways are like race tracks, or that is what many of the drivers think, & many don't have race type cars & most should be in a junk yard... It's crazy out there 4-Sure (LOL)...I'm just going to stay home & watch racing vid's on the MCF instead (LOL)

Thanks Matt for your post

Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

well the bad side of this was that he shouldnt of post it on youtube, if too many people create a buzz about it surely the cops will start snooping around he should of known that. but on the other hand i will say that was an awesome video especially torwards the end in traffic i was yelling slow down haha

Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Maybe "hyped up" wasn't the right choice of words; more so the idea I got after reading through all the prior posts.

Yes it's dumb, and yes it was pretty dumb to post the video online but how else was he going to share and prove his new record? He loses either way in that case. Really though, I hope he gets what he deserves. I can't stand people that drive like that on a regular basis. They think they're invisible and disregard all other motorists on the road and are a hazard, and it seems like the cops are never around when these people are on the road. These are the drivers that need to have their licenses taken away. I can understand having some fun if there's nobody on the road, but it gets idiotic when other motorists begin to be involved.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Maybe "hyped up" wasn't the right choice of words; more so the idea I got after reading through all the prior posts.

Yes it's dumb, and yes it was pretty dumb to post the video online but how else was he going to share and prove his new record? He loses either way in that case. Really though, I hope he gets what he deserves. I can't stand people that drive like that on a regular basis. They think they're invisible and disregard all other motorists on the road and are a hazard, and it seems like the cops are never around when these people are on the road. These are the drivers that need to have their licenses taken away. I can understand having some fun if there's nobody on the road, but it gets idiotic when other motorists begin to be involved.
X2! well said Matt.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'lll have to watch this after work.But if he's doing this in traffic=Fail
I've street raced so I know the thrill but never in traffic

Quick Reply: > Street Race Video > Busted <