Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Starting a New Job Monday

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Starting a New Job Monday

Hello my MCF Friends,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm changing jobs. Friday is my last day here; I start with a new company Monday morning. Good news overall; an excellent business opportunity fell into my lap.

But unfortunately my new job will have me sitting in a government office most of the time. That means I will very likely not have easy access to the MCF during the day anymore; most government offices highly restrict internet access to any kind of 'social media'. I suppose I can still access it via my phone, but it's such a pain compared to using the computer.

So if you don't see me online much during the day, you know why.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Good luck with the new job!!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Hello my MCF Friends,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm changing jobs. Friday is my last day here; I start with a new company Monday morning. Good news overall; an excellent business opportunity fell into my lap.

But unfortunately my new job will have me sitting in a government office most of the time. That means I will very likely not have easy access to the MCF during the day anymore; most government offices highly restrict internet access to any kind of 'social media'. I suppose I can still access it via my phone, but it's such a pain compared to using the computer.

So if you don't see me online much during the day, you know why.

Congrat's `Dave & thanks for the update..
Is it a government `job, or will you just be working in their building/office ? Can you relate what type of job it is ? If not, I understand. We do sub-contracting with the Gov't & they restrict us from many things.

Wish you the best in your transition & new position. Is it closer to your home or do you have to drive further ? ?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 AM

Congrats on the new job!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the job!

So we need to get you to proxy yourself while at work...

Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Congrats on the new job

Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 AM

Congratulations!!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Thanks, everyone.

Originally Posted by Space

Congrat's `Dave & thanks for the update..
Is it a government `job, or will you just be working in their building/office ? Can you relate what type of job it is ? If not, I understand. We do sub-contracting with the Gov't & they restrict us from many things.

Wish you the best in your transition & new position. Is it closer to your home or do you have to drive further ? ?
I'll still be a slimy government contractor. But the new job is providing direct support to one customer (Integrated Air & Missile Defense Project Office). So I'll physically sit at the government office most of the time. Currently I support a bunch of government offices and get to hang my hat at my company's office in downtown Huntsville. I'm sure going to miss this office - great location; big window with awesome view of Big Spring Park and surrounding area; closer to home. The new office is about twice as far away with lots more traffic to deal with. But gotta take the bad with the good. It's all good in the end. In this market, I know I'm lucky to have a decent job.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the new job man

Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM

`Dave, thanks for your reply & I love your positive attitude that one must take the bad with the good. I wish you more good then bad 4-Sure. EnJoy your new position & the challenges that it may bring. Please keep us updated on your life & adventures.

The best to you & family...

Quick Reply: Starting a New Job Monday