Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Speed Kills : (

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Speed Kills : (

AP
posted: 3 HOURS 20 MINUTES AGO

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (March 11) - Mixed martial arts figure "Mask," who co-founded the TapouT clothing line, was killed early Wednesday when his $300,000 Ferrari crashed and was torn in half. The driver of another car was arrested for investigation of manslaughter.
Skip over this content

Don Leach, Daily Pilot
7 photos
Click below link

(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)

• A Newport Beach police investigator searches the ground for clues after a violent accident that killed TapouT co-founder Charles Lewis.

• Don Leach, Daily Pilot
    Lewis was dead at the scene, while an unknown female passenger in the car was thrown from the vehicle and taken to the hospital. She's listed in stable condition with a broken arm and other injuries.
    Ken Steinhardt, The Orange County Register / ZUMA Press
    The Ferrari collided into a light pole, knocking it over and splitting the car in half, according to police.
    A patrol officer saw the Ferrari and a 1977 Porsche coupe spinning out of control early Wednesday morning, but it's unknown if the two cars collided.
    Jeffrey David Kirby, the driver of the Porsche coupe, was charged with investigation of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and is being held on $2 million bail.
    A police spokesman says if it is too early to tell if the two cars were racing, but the cars were going very fast according to evidence at the scene.
    It's still not known if Lewis was the driver at the accident. He helped co-found TapouT, a clothing line that generated more than $50 million in revenue last year.

Don Leach, Daily Pilot

TapouT announced the death of Charles "Mask" Lewis Jr. in a statement and said a memorial service was being planned.
However, the Orange County coroner's office did not immediately confirm his identity.
Police said the crash occurred shortly before 1 a.m. on Jamboree Boulevard, a major street in wealthy Newport Beach.
A patrol officer saw the red 2004 Ferrari Modena and a white 1977 Porsche coupe spinning out of control, possibly as a result of a collision, police Lt. Craig Fox said in a statement.
"We believe they were going fast based on the skids and the damage to the vehicle," Fox told KABC-TV. "But we can't speculate at this point if they were racing or not."
The Ferrari hit a curb, then knocked over a light pole that fell on it and the car was torn in half, Fox said.
Lewis died at the scene.
Source Link Below
http://news.aol.com/sports/article/charles-lewis-dies-in-crash/379365?icid=200100397x1220241249x1201370642

Members, Post your Thoughts/Comments
How fast have you ever driven ?
Watch `Out for Member `Jamie in her Tony Stewart
SuperCharged Monte SS

Last edited by Space; 03-12-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Testing what I can post on vB Server : )
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW!! That's crazy how the Ferrari split in half. I guess HE got tapped out. I bet he would have survived if he had a Monte.

This is the main reason why i try to teach my son that if he ever wants to race, to take it to the track. I told him that if i ever catch him street racing, i will bend him over my knee right then and there.

I dont care if his friends are laughing at him or not. I'de rather have them laugh then mourn.

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Watch `Out for Member `Jamie in her Tony Stewart
SuperCharged Monte SS
Atleast she has a Monte.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
I dont care if his friends are laughing at him or not. I'de rather have them laugh then mourn.
amen to that. my co-worker lost his 14 year old son 2 weeks ago to some jackass driving on the freeway at high speed, weaving through traffic. he hit my co-worker's wife's jeep cherokee and they flipped, rolled and ended up in the woods. his wife has a bunch of broken ribs, and his daughter's leg was broken and required a steel pin through the length of her entire femur. she'll be in a wheelchair for a while. but nothing will bring back his son.

Atleast she has a Monte.
yeah

i don't make a habit of driving it like i stole it and the cops are chasing me; sometimes i just need to get somewhere fast or show another car who's boss, that's all normally i keep it around 70-75, i swear!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 PM

5 Year Member

70-75? I think you missed a number.....like

Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Lightbulb -warning-

WARNING
Below link contains graphic/intense video's of accidents

Click on below link

http://www.operationstop.com/speeding.shtml

Share it with your `family/friends etc.

If ? U care about them, tell them 2 take it 2 the `Track

Last edited by Space; 03-12-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I share, cause I `care : )
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

70-75? I think you missed a number.....like

hehe, only on the frontstretch at california speedway!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:55 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
hehe, only on the frontstretch at california speedway!
My old stompin grounds. I mostly miss the Pomona race track.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:25 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I guess he was racing a porsche. His gf is now in critical care the last ive heard.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Unhappy It's Sad : (

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I guess he was racing a porsche. His gf is now in critical care the last ive heard.

It's all very sad Especially when they have to money
to rent a whole race track for their exotic `rides.
If I had that kinda $ I would build my own track,
and race all my friends
Brock, thanks for making over 500 posts to the MCF,
and for helping other members.
We do have some super members 4-Sure.

Take it 2 the Track
Oh, Record/Submit Vid's
Peace/Out

Old 03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Like most everybody, I'm guilty of street racing when I was young and stupid. Just lucky I didn't cause an accident.
The province of Ontario here has made it extremely tough on people who get caught street racing. Going 50 kph (roughly 30 mph) over the speed limit, gets your licence torn up on the spot, your car impounded by the police for a minimum of a week, and a mandatory court appearance where a judge decides how much your fine is going to be.

Quick Reply: Speed Kills : (