Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The 'Space Appreciation Thread: The Drive for 20,000 Posts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The 'Space Appreciation Thread: The Drive for 20,000 Posts!!!

'Space is one of the longest serving and most contributing member of this forum. Many have come and gone, and some, such as myself, have gone and come again after several months. But no matter how long you are gone, who comes, and who goes, you can always count on 'Space being there when you return, continuing to make posts, find links about issues, and just fill up empty 'Space.

Space had one of his names temporarily lost in the forum crash of 2008 (or was it '07?) However, he has since regained both and as of this post, he has:

KidSpace: 10,507 posts
SpaceRider: 7,938
Total: 18,445 posts.

Together ,that is twice what any other member has, and exponentially more than most of us have. And 'Space has done it all the hard way. I cannot recall 'Space making a post that was less than a short paragraph long, he never got there with quick, "I agree" or anything to that affect.

So here is to 'Space, the greatest member, and the leader of the MCF (sorry Taz), and we need to keep an eye on him as he is approaching the 20,000 post mark!!!!!

Thank you for all of your contributions to our forum. The MCF is never the same on the few occasions when you were unable to join us, and I don't even want to imagine what it would ahve ever been like without you.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll drink to that thanks Space for being my first freind and pretty much everyone else here

edit: KidSpace friend count.... Showing 858 Friend(s)

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 08-11-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:23 PM

Wow I can't imagine having that many posts on any single forum. I only got up to around 2500 on my main one in a year so that would put me looking at about 8 years to make it to 20K myself

Congrats man

Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

We <3 you 'Space! It was rough whenever you weren't around a few months ago (I'm not able to remember when it was but I know it was close to the beginning on my time on here) bcuz I always look forward to your funny, helpful & inspiration posts throughout the forum. Congrats on all of the posts & can't wait to see more to come =)

Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 PM

Now I kinda feel like an *** for not writing more when I do make posts, so I think Ill take a little time on this one and just let it ride for a minute. It IS great to have such a caring and helpfull fellow member, and I cannot remember 'space ever making a post that was, in fact, as mentioned above, shorter than a short paragraph. I do belive he is the MOST contributing member/moderator on this great forum, its just too bad he drives a UFO instead of a monte :P . Thanks 'Space, and thanks for being the first on here to befriend me, and probably everyone else on the MCF. Keep helping out, dont go nowhere, good luck in the future, and most of all, thanks. I, and I think I speak for everyone when I say this, this great forum would'nt be what it is right now without you

Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space is my first and only friend right now thank you for being a driving force for the mcf community

Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm trying to catch you space bud!!!!!!!

Thank you for everything you have done for us, and sticking with us, even without your Monte!!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Default ~>Thank You 4-Sure <~

Hi `Duane, and Member's,
Thank you for your appreciation thread, but I am only one of the many members/staff on our Monte Carlo team that contributes, and shares their life/time to keep our forum what it is today. I am not the leader of our forum, but just a part of the MCF team. Our Leader is Administrator `Taz, (Lou ) and is the person that deserves our praise and appreciation. He has dedicated voluminous amounts of his personal time behind the scenes of the MCF to keep our family forum running smooth. He, nor the staff is paid for their time or dedication. Thank You `Lou & Staff 4-Sure.

To me, the MCF is like `Life, and one will only get from it, what they put into it.
I get a lot from the MCF 4-Sure. Our Monte Carlo Family Forum is the only forum, or social group that I belong & contribute.

I joined the MCF on December 31, 2005 when I got my first Monte Carlo, and it has been a informative, interesting journey. I have learned so much about the Monte Carlo's of all generations, but more importantly I have learned so much about people from all over Planet Earth. I've seen member's come and go. Many became member's when they had a problem with their Monte's, and when they found the information they needed, they departed. Some member's sold, or smashed their Monte's and purchased other forms of transportation.
Many still return & stop in to say `hi and give a update on their life.

The beach bum's and I reside on a isolated barrier island and were all home schooled by the seniors in our village. Many of us continued our education and received off campus degree's. We have always worked, and learned.
The MCF has been our contact with the outside World.

`Duane, I am humbled by your words, and our member's appreciations for my contributions. Without member's, we would not `be...

Thanks `much to you, and all member's that contribute to our Monte Carlo Family to make it the best automotive family on the World Wide Web...I really appreciate.~>4-Sure : )

Peace/Happy/Out
the `Kid from Space

Attached Thumbnails The 'Space Appreciation Thread:  The Drive for 20,000 Posts!!!-th_spaceeyes.jpg  
Old 08-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space, you haven't been reading the staff memo's again have you? :p I'm not the leader. I'm a junior admin, dude. Everyone knows you're the #1 post *****.....err....#1 poster. j/k

Space's posts are always informative, and well thought out. Not a single one of Space's 18,000+ posts can be considered spam. Space is the most dedicated member on the forum, and is greatly missed when he needs to take time away.

Thank you Space dude! Post counts may just be a number. But just want to let you know that you are appreciated 4-sure!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Space, you haven't been reading the staff memo's again have you? :p I'm not the leader. I'm a junior admin, dude. Everyone knows you're the #1 post *****.....err....#1 poster. j/k

Space's posts are always informative, and well thought out. Not a single one of Space's 18,000+ posts can be considered spam. Space is the most dedicated member on the forum, and is greatly missed when he needs to take time away.

Thank you Space dude! Post counts may just be a number. But just want to let you know that you are appreciated 4-sure!

Thanks You `Lou, but to me you are #1....
Administrator `Patrick is a paid by the owner's of our forum, and you are not , but to be completely honest with you, or
to tell you the truth, believe me for sure, I swear on your Monte that I am getting paid $1 for every post I make, and I'm still waiting for my check (Sorry, I lied : ), but it's a good dream/lie : )

WoW $18K Now I can get my 3rd Monte
Thanks again for your words and being a SuperSuper Dedicated `Friend...I do so appreciate....

I really think all this praise just means that I need to go and find a `Life : ) I keep searching on Googles, but have not found one `yet 4-Sure.....

Wish everyone still reading this a Happy & Safe `Journey in `Life.
Peace/Happy/`Out

Quick Reply: The 'Space Appreciation Thread: The Drive for 20,000 Posts!!!