Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

South Texas wildlife pics (one hunting pic)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default South Texas wildlife pics (one hunting pic)

Hubby shot a small 9pt. He would've let it go but it was limping real bad, thought it had been shot before. I'm not sure what happened to him. He had a place on top of his shoulders that looked like he had been rubbing it going under fences. He had a swelled area right behind his shoulder blade. Turned out the "swelling" was a puss pocket at the very edge of his shoulder cartlidge and the "scraped" area had a small hole but it was dry and no sign of an exit scar. That shoulder looked thin, I'm assuming due to lost muscle mass from not using it, other than that he was fat as a butterball.

Hiding

From here, you can see

here (Choke Canyon Lake)

Caracara

in the state park

This guy was in my pasture Friday afternoon.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Default RE: South Texas wildlife pics (one hunting pic)

Nice pics...just weird to me to not see any mountains in the background. the bigcat is my favorite, im not sure what he is though. we have bobcats around here, kinda rare though but i have seen pics on peoples tree cameras

Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Photobucket

It's a bobcat.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:21 PM

love the pictures! Thanks. What kind of bird is that by the cactus?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: krystalmethod

love the pictures! Thanks. What kind of bird is that by the cactus?
It's a crested caracara, they are scavangers like buzzards. I cropped the picso to not offend anyone, but he was having deer ribcage for breakfast.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

GREAT pics Becky! The Caracara is a pretty bird. Must be a male? the bobcat pic was kewl, and your husband must be a compassionate guy, for taking an injured deer like he did. Thanks for posting all these pics. How's Dreamer doing?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

GREAT pics Becky! The Caracara is a pretty bird. Must be a male? the bobcat pic was kewl, and your husband must be a compassionate guy, for taking an injured deer like he did. Thanks for posting all these pics. How's Dreamer doing?
Thanks. I don't think you can tell their sexes by their plumage. They are a lot prettier than a buzzard that's for sure, LOL.
He said if it hadn't been limpimg so bad, he would've let him go. He saw alot bigger8pt the next day and let him go. I might not , it's been 15 years since my last deer. We're pretty picky about what we take, it's usually a cull (one that needs to be removed from the herd to keep the herd strong) so we have meat in the freezer, butoccassionally we'll take a "trophy" buck. I usually end up "hunting" with my camera, LOL.
Dreamer is trying to keep that Berreta together a while longer until she can get her dream Monte. She had a gliche in her plans(savings) last week, her freezer went out with customer pieces and she had to get a new one. Been there, done that more than once, it's not fun.

Oh, I have to go check out my baby in a minute. We had a thunderstorm last night with HAIL in December! I think it was all small so hopefully my baby didn't get any boo-boos.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM

[align=center]Hi Becky,[/align][align=center]We really enjoyed your wildlifepictures, and the beauty ofthe area you live.[/align][align=center] I would really want to have a 4-wheeler `if I[/align][align=center]lived in your section of Planet Earth.[/align][align=center]Thanks for posting/sharing.[/align][align=center]Happy Holidays to you & family.[/align][align=center]The `Bums & `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer [/align][align=center]Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer Johnny Marks (c) 1949 You know Dasher and Dancer And Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid And Donner and Blitzen. ...
www.the-north-pole.com/carols/rudolph.html - 4k - Similar pages [/align][align=center]
Did Mr Dustybird have to shoot Rudolph ? [X(][/align][align=center]
[:-] [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
If we don`t get any presents again this year, we are blaming Mr DustyBird : ) [X(][/align][align=center]It took my dial up connection 4ever 2 post this, but we had to honor Ruddolph : )[/align][align=center]Maybe Santa can use his SuperCharged Monte Carlo to deliever this year
[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/4301/9F2925F73C804B58A4C09942DA3C2212.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Peace/Happiness/ from the `Bums[/align]

Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 PM

Notice to Mr. DustyBird
Santa is sending all his reindeer to a
combat training course & giving each
reindeer weapons for their own protection.
Now, hunting deer will even out the game.
Happy Holidays to `all.
LOL ~ LOL
Peace/Out

Old 12-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Photobucket

Haha Space. They have weapons, they are called antlers and hooves, LOL, and a very keen sense of hearing, sight, and smell. But some are dumb. We had a doe (matter of fact, the one peeking through the brush in the secondpic) come out on the lane about 15 yards from me while I was standing there. She saw me, I took pics, and the idiot stood there the whole time we climbed up in the stand. I told hubby that she needs to be shot so she doesn't pass on those "dumb genes". She's still running around down there unless she pulled that stunt in front of the right, er, wrong hunter or a cougar.