Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Someone Save a legend

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Default Someone Save a legend

Dear Monte Carlo family,

Due to hard times with my family I had to part with the love of my life, my show car, my NASCAR Dale Sr pride... I beg someone out on this blog to please, please, please go and get my old Monte..

It is a 5th generation, but 22 of 25 put out by DEI in 1998. It was babied and garage kept. It was my pride and joy.. It has a custom paint job, leather interior and signed by Dale Earnhardt Sr.. It has a plaque on the driver's side visor 22/25...

It meant the world to me, but kids took over... I loved that car, I need someone to take it and love it the way I did... You can check my profile to see that I am not a used car sales person... I need help to save my Monte as she was my baby and I need to know that someone will take care and love her...

Please.. Anything you need to know about her I will tell you... http://www.beachford.com/vehicles/de...=8&id=3577

Respectively and waiting.. Amy

Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Someone Save a legend

Sorry to hear you had to part with your super-rare Dale Earnhardt 1998 Monte.

I've only seen one other one on the net. It was last year, and it wasn't in near as good as shape as yours. Who ever owned it, really beat on it. And partially wiped off Dale's signature inside the car.

If I could afford to purchase and keep another car right now, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Those 1998 Dale Sr Monte's are extremely rare like you said. Only 25 made up by Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet, and hand signed by Dale himself! Not just a sticker or plastic nameplate.

I honestly hope someone buys this and appreciates it for what it is. It would be a real shame to see it trashed.

Good luck Amy!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 PM

seriously... i looked at this car monday on my way back from hatteras... and thought about trading in my 03 ls.. any known issues or any items that are needed to be replaced.. i live only an hour or so away and that legend deserves my va.. ntimd8t tag!!!! lol

Old 09-04-2008, 06:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

You should buy that car Jason. You will be getting a cool 5th gen along with a bigger, more powerful engine. I speak from experience that the 5th gensride like a dream.I say go for it.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 AM

Hi `Amy,
I am sorry to read of your misfortune : (
I concur with member mrl390 `Matt, and wish that I was in a position to invest in a collectible low miled Awsome Monte Carlo
[:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Your prior posts reflects the love that you [/align][align=center]had for your Monte. I hope that things get better for you, and[/align][align=center]your family. I realize that it will be hard to replace your Monte,[/align][align=center]but maybe inyour future there will be another Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]that you will fall in love with,[/align][align=center]I wish you the best in `life. `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is information on your Monte for Members[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][align=center]Below Pic's [/align][align=center]on this limited production Monte Carlo Z 34[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]There's Dale `Sr, signing 25 Z34's[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below for pictures/link on above Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.msiwix.com/dale2.htm[/align][/align]

Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, what a history. Thats quite the ride. I wish NASCAR still did North Wilkesboro... althought I'd never want to sit in those turn 3/4 stands. I've rode by North Wilkesboro in my travels with my father, and those grandstands hang just slightly over the highway [:-]

Old 09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well this explains a lot.

Sure hope someone grabs this rare Monte Carlo and gives it the home it deserves.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

If I had the money, I'd jump all over it, but I'm doing good to get by now.
Good luck. It most definitely deserves a great home.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:54 AM

This car was mine and well taken care of, the engine is beyond clean being it was my show car. It was only driven once or twice a week, because I live in Suffolk and work in Virginia Beach I didn't want to rack up milage.. No problems what so ever, sounds and rides wonderful.

The tires are brand new, the rims are custom and didn't come with the car when it was orginially purchase from DEI. There isa small discoloration on the floor board passenger side when my son split a little bit of coffee. On the drivers side visor there should be a plaque from DEI that gives the 22/25 number on the car. The passengers side visor has his signature. It was always kept clean..

The only issues is a couple of scratches on the car, I didn't know where to take it to have them fixed because I was too fussy about everything.. I wouldn't even leave it to have the oil changed at Duke Chevy, I would sit there all day if I had to... On the front of the car, under the "MONTE CARLO" there is some paint chipped that could easily be fixed. On the passengers side, there is a spot where at a race in Richmond someone threw an egg at the car, there is no discoloration of the black paint, but it is chipped. Whenever it was parked it was way out of the way of all other cars to avoid any other dents or scratches..

Please let me know if you need to know anything else about it, I will be more than happy to tell you, as I had said before I just want someone to please take her and take care of her and give her a good home.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jason, not trying to push ya. But save this car from that Ford dealership. lol.

Amy, I know how you feel with the paint chips. I have a bunch of chips on mine that I would love to just get re-painted, but I want to make sure it will look perfect, and not an obvious re-paint.

The egging at the race obviously was not an Earnhardt fan. Too bad that some people have to get stupid like that.

Quick Reply: Someone Save a legend