Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

some pics from last weekend ( junkyard, auto show, ect...)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:38 PM

Hi `Ryan,
You sure have a fun life & your sure find some awesome auto grave yards that don't R.I.P.

Thank you for taking the time to share with your Monte Carlo Family 4-Sure. We really enjoy threads like this...

Also, I like the roads on your way home with the mountains and curves : ) Great Pic's/Thread....

Old 03-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
Don't let Year One see the pics of the T/A. They'll come grab it and turn it in to a Bandit clone.
that would probibly be a better fate for the car, although idk if there is enough left to restore on that one, haha.

Originally Posted by nascar43
.........Is that a late 60's Cuda in the background ?

A Pontiac ?
in the backround i see an early 60's pontiac tempest front clip if that's what your talking about. like a '60-61-62 ish i think.

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Ryan,
You sure have a fun life & your sure find some awesome auto grave yards that don't R.I.P.

Thank you for taking the time to share with your Monte Carlo Family 4-Sure. We really enjoy threads like this...

Also, I like the roads on your way home with the mountains and curves : ) Great Pic's/Thread....
no problamo space and i have to agree, that road is one of my favorite drives around here. those pics were taken mabe a mile up the road from where the DWG show is held.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65

' an a lil jeep.

That's actually a *****'s 4x4 pickup truck. Or what's left of it.

I'm guessing a 60's model. Very similar to this one at a local car show.

The one below is a 1965 model. Restored to original.

Attached Thumbnails some pics from last weekend ( junkyard, auto show, ect...)-img_3454-small.jpg  
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM

i've always called them jeep pickups because they are, well basicly a jeep pickup. we actually had a '54 *****'s pickup as our plow truck, in fact almost all of the peices missing off of that one wound up on our truck, haha. ours we brush painted red and it looked damn good about 10 feet away, haha the old UPS guy wanted to buy it in the worst way too

Old 04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Any parts left on this?

It looks like a one ton truck or large? But there may be smaller stuff like dash ***** or....... that will fit my dad's 1/2 ton pickup?

Old 04-01-2010, 05:37 PM

i can check next time im in there RJ. im pretty sure there are a few other older dodge trucks like that in there.

and if not, a friend has one of these in his feild. he said i could have it, but there is NOTHING left of it, haha. now its just a part of the landscaping near his farmhouse, cool part is you can still make out the "hanky hill express" lettering on the door

Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 PM
rj
15 Year Member

You're joking?????

Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 AM

...Hi `Ryan, I love your thread & pic's 4-Sure...
I would luv 2 have a old *****'s Surf Truck like below : )

and one for the track

from your KeyStone State

and this 41 *****'s to cruise A1A along the beaches : )
I know I dream a lot : )
Thanks for all your posts 4-Sure : ) EnJoy

Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by rj
You're joking?????
nope! its been next to their barn for probibly 40 years, someday imma get a pic of it, 'caus i love those 40's dodge trucks. i know those market wagon things are rare as hell too, but like i said there is really nothing left to restore, but it is a compeate truck. there is actually a street in my development named after the truck!

'an space, that yellow *****'s is more like the one we had, split windsheild & such. i loved that lil truck, but it was old & tired so we sold it to a guy in jersey, it used to sit behind a gas station untill about 2 years ago.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:12 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
nope! Its been next to their barn for probibly 40 years, someday imma get a pic of it, 'caus i love those 40's dodge trucks. I know those market wagon things are rare as hell too, but like i said there is really nothing left to restore, but it is a compeate truck.
street rod!!

Quick Reply: some pics from last weekend ( junkyard, auto show, ect...)