Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Some guys just don't understand!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Default Some guys just don't understand!!!

When I meet men I don't even bother explaining how into my car I am because they just don't get it! I run across a lot of them who tell me "hey I only care about getting oil changes"...ok fine. whatever. So I met someone new while I'm out and about, and of course I tell him the up and coming mods that I'm going to get, CAI, Super Turbo Mufflers, etc. Later, I get a text message that says "thats cool. let me ask you something. why didnt you just buy a car with alot of house power and that sound good, instaid of a car with little power and putting alot of money into it?" (I can spell, but that's exactly what he wrote) What!! Ok, at this point I'm really trying not to sound too heated when I respond. So I write "Well, if I could have done that I would have. But being that someone t-boned and totalled my other car out of no where, that didn't leave me with any baller status. Plus from what I see online, if you like a certain car and brand its not a crime to put $ into it." Maybe my temper is flaring for no reason, but he acted like I have a 1.8L hatchback and I'm trying to put some turbo engine in it. My monte really has adequate power and stuff (so adequate I was surprised when I found out it had only 200 horses), but I just recently found out what cool things I can do to my car. If I had a car cranking out 300+ horses I would do the exact same thing. I would be thinking about what I could do to improve on the performance and look. Let me know what you all think.

2003 MC SS, U BEND DELETE, K&N CAI- SHIPPED TODAY

[IMG]local://upfiles/3284/D857C9F0C2C24693A5FE2C393ABC1AC7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3284/ED0FB258D29C47E88306B98D403DEFDA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Default RE: Some guys just don't understand!!!

[align=center]Hi Melissa,[/align][align=center]Sounds like a very insecure man that your dealing with,[/align][align=center]You should not waste your time, & energy : )[/align][align=center]Put your time & energy in2 your Monte : )[/align][align=center]It's difficult to change the minds of those that are ignorant : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Female's in a free country, continue to show[/align][align=center]the World their abilities, and their love of cars, & racing.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My girlfriend beats me @ many things : )[/align][align=center]I respect her for her talent/abilities. We respect each other,[/align][align=center]but we love to compete against each other.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There are many women into cars/trucks/bikes etc.,[/align][align=center]All types of MotorSports.[/align][align=center]Below are just a few that could beat many men : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
First Ladies of Auto Racing
Sunday, 27. May 2007, 21:24:57
Danica Patrick, Indy Car, Celebrity Babe Watching, Auto Racing

Danica Patrick

The 91st running of the Indianapolis 500. This year[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](2007)there were
three women in the race -- Milka Duno, Danica Patrick and Sarah Fisher.
All three of these women have proved themselves over the years as skilled
drivers and fierce competitors in a field that even today is dominated
by men.

And, as it happens, they are very good looking, too.

Incidentally, all this year's cars at Indy were powered by ethanol.
Cars going around a track at 220 m.p.h. using corn as fuel. Unbelievable.

Sarah Fisher

Milka Duno

[/align][/align]

Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 AM

[align=center][:-]What would Man do withOut Women ? [:-][/align][align=center](Sorry, I am not permitted 2 post the answers : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][*]Formula Woman - UK based group offers female only series. Provides news and event information.[*]Janet Guthrie - Information on the first woman ever to compete in the Indianapolis 500 and in the Daytona 500 NASCAR Winston Cup race. Offers statistics, biography and historical information.[*]Motor Racing: A Sociological Perspective - Issues relating to the sociology of sport and specifically studying motor sports including indepth look at safety in F1 and women drivers.[*]Pilotessa - History of the Sylvia Oberti, the first woman to solo the Mille Miglia of Italy driving vintage 1951 SIATA 300BC Spider Barchetta.[*]Racer Chicks - A forum for women involved or interested in the motorsport or automotive industry.[*]Roadrunning.com - Denise McCluggage's e-zine with information for women on cars and driving.[*]Thunder Valley Racing - Created for and about women drivers in professional auto racing. Information, female driver profiles, and forums.[*]Women in NASCAR - Provides information on the 15 women who have competed in the Nextel Cup Series.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Not some men... MOST men are intimidated by a women with a strong personality or into male oriented sports or activities. "She's a dike..." Much like if a manis ahair sytlist... "He's Gay..." The male species is basically shallow,superfacial, with very fragile egos.

You are going to find a lot of guys that are going to accept that you are into cars and the mechanics of it. Most of those, will dig the fact you're into the same things they are, but few will accept you as apartner (well... very long) -- due to their insecurities.

I was able to definitely marry up -- as my wife is a true hottie, because most men were either afraid of her or intimidated by her

Old 11-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Melissa.
Do you think that was a freudian slip when he typed out, "a car with a lot of HOUSE power"?

I think it's great when a man and a woman can share a common love for cars, sports, etc. And have an intelligent, meaningful, in depth conversation/discussionon such topics.

If a guy is really into cars and performance (like most of us here are), it would make sense to me to get involved with a woman who shares that same interest. Any guy who is as insecure as the guy you mentioned is missing out on a lot of great women.

And Craig... I think you touched on a good point. Where I work, there's a lot of gorgeous women who have a hard time meeting a guy, or a decent guy (their words), because most guysfeel toointimidated by them.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:50 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not some men... MOST men are intimidated by a women with a strong personality or into male oriented sports or activities.

Not me.

Cars + women = cool in my book.

Women who actually know about cars = double cool.
[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Not some men... MOST men are intimidated by a women with a strong personality or into male oriented sports or activities.

Not me.

[sm=smiley20.gif]
x2

Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I bet every last guy here understands your sentiments.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 AM

A woman with brains is as sexy as sex can get. Where I work we operate jets on a daily basis and perform all the engine runs prior to the test flights. One of my crew members is a female who has the brains and the looks...when she is in the left seat I don`t worry about the outcome as she is the smartest of all of `em.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

ORIGINAL: rj

Not me.

[sm=smiley20.gif]
x2
x3 lol i hear where your coming from. i'm slowly teaching my girlfriend about cars. slowly being the keyword

Quick Reply: Some guys just don't understand!!!