Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Solstice GXP has a new home

Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Solstice GXP has a new home

Well, we got her home tonight. My wife got her early Christmas present. A shiny bright red '07 Solstice GXP, loaded. She has a name. It's Lucy, after Lucille Ball, the redhead. Theresa's other car, the '82 Olds Regency 2 dr coupe, is called Ethyl. Here's some quick pics we took. Lucy is parked in MY spot in the garage. I found a spot in a friends barn for the Olds, so she's getting moved this weekend.

This is Ethyl, My wifes's Aunt's '82 Olds Regency 2 dr coupe, almost showroom condition, never been out of the garage!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Default RE: Solstice GXP has a new home

Hey good for u man! Make good use of that turbo baby! I bet theres a bit more interior room in that odls huh! I seriously have to squeeze myself into that pontiac!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:13 AM

[align=center][:-]Santa `Wayne, gives great presents[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Santa `Wayne, it's a beautiful Hot Rod We really like `it...What size Rim's/Tires ? [/align][align=center]Sure hope the `Mrs. []lets you drive `it, and have some fun.[/align][align=center]Wish you many Happy, fun, safe miles in your Solstice GXP []`Lucy [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Will be looking forward to your future reviews on your GXP.[/align][align=center]Thanks for Sharing/Posting[/align][align=center]EnJoy[/align]

Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 AM

Wow...looking good! I'll bet that thing isa blastto drive. An interesting tidbit about the Solsticeis thatGM says it has the lowest ground clearance of all its cars currently in production - including Vettes! [:-]

Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 AM

That'll turn some heads. Great looking machine.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

It turns LOTS of heads! I'm told that Vette owners turn there heads for these things, and this one is as HOT as any of them. It's quick! 0-60 in 5.3, top speed 142. 260hp 2.0L turbo, 13psi boost.[&:] 5sp auto'. All options including the chrome wheels and pedal covers.
I actually haven't driven it, yet. Maybe next week, if the snow goes away. We got 5" now.
Wheels are 18 x 8, and tires are Goodyear Formula 1, 245-45-18's.
With 0% financing, this new '07 was cheaper than the used one in Ohio with less options, and WAY cheaper than an '08. And I got to use my GM card points as a down payment.
Since she has a name, Lucy, I have joined the Solstice forum as "Lucy'sDaddy"
We intend to put on a wind restrictor at the front of the trunk, with "GXP" with red lighting, and in the bottom corner, "OOOHHH LUCY!"[8D]
http://www.windrestrictor.com/solsti...ce_gallery.htm
Gotta say, this is a HOT car, can't wait to drive her!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Congrats! That is one beautiful car.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Nice car.

Your wife sure looks happy standing next to it.

Maybe if you say "Please honey" she'll let you drive Lucy.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:29 PM

Very sharp

Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 PM

[align=center]Hi Wayne,[/align][align=center]I didn't understand your post when you were referring to[/align][align=center]naming your car `Lucy : ), that was until my[/align][align=center]grandfather read your post & started to laugh : )[/align][align=center]He explained who she was. [/align][align=center]He said that she would be `happy that you named your[/align][align=center]Solstice after her [][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Oh, my Grandfather stated that your car is beautiful,[/align][align=center]and a great gift toyour wife : )[/align][align=center][/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Solstice GXP has a new home