Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Software for tracking car work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
3 Year Member
Default Software for tracking car work?

Thought I'd come over here and see if ya'll can help me out a bit. Looking for some software to track my car work. Anybody here use anything that they can recommend?

I tried googling around and the only software I could find that fit my needs was Automotive Wolf but when I went to add my car they have Aztec and Bonneville listed together (umm they're entirely different vehicles!!!) so not sure if my OCD will handle little bugs like that well.

What I'm looking for is software with a good amount of customization options (for configuring the vehicle, select a photo to represent it, so on and so forth) that allows you to add maintenance entries and "addition" entries (for modifications and added parts). I would like for it to be able to total up the different categories and tell me how much I've put into the car. I don't need anything that tells me to do X maintenance at X amount of miles, I know how to take care of my car. All I'm looking for a good log book essentially.

Contemplating just firing up Visual Studio and coding one, but that's a lot of work if there's already something good out there.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Autozone.com has a garage that you can set up i'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for. It has email notifications and stuff. I set it up with my old vehicle but i haven't used it in a long time.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:39 PM

I personally just use an excel spreadsheet to track my stuff. That's just me though.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
I personally just use an excel spreadsheet to track my stuff. That's just me though.
This is also what I do. You can customize the cells to your liking and keep track of pretty much anything.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:37 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Autozone.com has a garage that you can set up i'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for. It has email notifications and stuff. I set it up with my old vehicle but i haven't used it in a long time.
Yea not a fan of my records being kept online. One database crash or business going bankrupt (very unlikely in AutoZone's case but still) and data be gone.

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Hmm might play around with this.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Id go with using Excel for it seems like an easy way to go & easy to set up