Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Show us what you do in your free time...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Post Show us what you do in your free time...

OK let me re-phrase that! show us what hobby (other then your Monte Carlo) you spend your free time doing.

This thread brought to you by Spin_Em 90's asking about scale model Monte Carlos. I used to spend many hours and many more dollars on building scale models, mostly NASCAR but many street cars too. So here is the link to my MODEL CARS.

So what are your hobbies? Let's see!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:39 PM

Hey Brian, those are very cool.
Unfortunately i cannot contribute to this, i dont have any cool skills like that lol.
I'm just here to admire.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:18 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I used to build plastic models but then I switched over to collecting 1:18 scale die cast - much easier to take care of. We also have a huge slot car track in our basement and race 1:32 scale cars. I guess I can't get away from cars LOL!!!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

this is my hobby

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/the%20buick/

i also love hiking, and i always seem to find something interesting in the woods to bring home. i have a hubcap for a '66 impala SS i found, one for a 50's oldsmobile that has a cool tiki looking logo on it, and some old liscance plates. you know, garage art i also found an old gas station sign from the 60's, compleate in the frame. someday imma figure out how to get that home, but its a 6 mile uphill walk to drag it back, so it can wait, lol

Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Right now my focus is not so much on modifying the Monte, and shamefully sometimes not even cleaning the Monte, but on restoring my Fard Torino!! In April of this year I betrayed the Chevrolet people of this forum and got a 1968 Torino to restore. I've been posting updates, but here's a brief summary...

It showed up in my yard like this:

Eventually, it looked like this

I cleaned up the bottom side and the engine bay and painted all of that.

I had to fiberglass, kitty hair, and bondo in some sections that were rusted out. Plus, I ahd to put in some floor pans

The engine was a 429, but the guy put it in didn't have the front sway bar, exhaust outings, the quarter inch from the rear of the engine to the fireewall of the car, and the fact that the spark plugs would be absolutly jammed into the sidewall... back with the original type of engine, a 390!

Painted the body...

Reinstalled the engine... and this is about where I'm at now, hooking everything back up!

Several months after getting on this forum, my Uncle sent us the '50 Chevy truck he had taken apart to restore (for the second time, he also restored a pair of '51 Chevies) and had knee replacement and could not finish. We still have the truck, it was completed in about April of '08. I was not as active in the process of restoring this as my father and have done much more and learned a ton more on the car than this truck (because Ford's have more stuff that goes wrong, haha!)

I've also got a good little 1:18 car collection...

And I go to college at Campbell University, a small Baptist school in the center of North Carolina. I'm studying History with a teaching concentration.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-05-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Spare time. (if I have any)

Some of my '57 Chevy collection.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:21 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Not mine but you get the idea.. mines all torn apart now though, needs about $100 in parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwDH3drZaro

My 2 babies

Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

i work on cars in my free time weather it be painting,minor body work or complete custom car i enjoy it its my escape that & racing lol

Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

I'm a tinkerer basicly anything that may be "broken" ill sit and mess with it...9/10 times i works after i'm done.. i have gotten many thing that way

Old 01-06-2010, 09:37 AM

I have too many hobbies!!!!!!!

My house is full of every scale type of cars. I race RC. I'm hoping to buy a nice 4 lane HP layout like the black one pictured.

I'm also in the middle of a frame off on my 65 GS!!!

I might have some issues.

Attached Thumbnails Show us what you do in your free time...-attic-1.jpg   Show us what you do in your free time...-joes-554.jpg   Show us what you do in your free time...-champion_mk3_002b.jpg   Show us what you do in your free time...-john_forlino-completed.jpg   Show us what you do in your free time...-rsz_pc140126.jpg  

Quick Reply: Show us what you do in your free time...