Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Should cars be limited to only 8o MPH Top Speed ?
Yes, I think it would be a good idea
9.09%
No Way >It's my Right to go as fast as I want to (?)
72.73%
I don't know
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

>Should they make cars/vehicles to go over 80 MPH ?<

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >Should they make cars/vehicles to go over 80 MPH ?<

Hi Member's,
I'm not complaining, but I always wonder why all the auto makers make vehicles to go way over the speed limit ?

Wouldn't it be safer `if cars/vehicles were limited to 80 MPH Top Speed?
If Yes > Why ?, if No > Why ?

Wouldn't it decrease high speed chases ?

Wouldn't we save a lot of fuel ?

Wouldn't we save a lot of lives & injuries to people ?(Maybe someone you love ?)

Do you want someone you love on the roads with someone driving over 100 MPH + + + to over 200 MPH + ?

Should owners of High Performance cars be required go to a High Performance driving school to get a special license to learn how to control a fast high performance vehicle before they buy one & learn how to drive a High performance car on your street/road ?

I personally love speed, but I can find it with other forms of motor sports that can be raced at high speeds off the public highways!

I know the beachbum's & I have a blast @ Go Kart tracks (Until we get banned)...

Please post your thoughts > Thank You
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'If you watch any of the below vid's >Please watch the last vid below....
I call it "Death Wish" WoW > It's just crazy 4-Sure...Bike's & cars racing on public streets at high speeds..

Last edited by Space; 10-18-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm okay with limiting the speed of cars. As long as I can do a tune to eliminate the governor on my car. That makes me that much more faster than most

I don't think it would be a crazy idea to have different classes of drivers licenses allowing drivers who can prove they are more skilled more driving freedom. Crappy idiot drivers who don't know what they're doing could be more restricted. NASCAR drivers can do what they want. How often do you hear of a NASCAR driver being involved in a fatal accident?

of course, this could never happen. There would be no way law could enforce different driving rights.

Last edited by JuniorCar; 10-17-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:33 PM

Hi `Brent & thanks for being the first to post on this above subject and posting your thoughts/opinion...

I hope you get the chance to watch the last vid in the above post...It's just amazing crazy 4-Sure...Let us know if you do & what you think of it ? > OK

Wish you a great eve & Super Weekend

Old 10-17-2014, 05:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just watched the vids now (after my first post).

The second video has the coolest crash. It look kinda fake because of the bs explosion under the car when its in the air. It seems like a Hollywood effect. Some great angles though. Try to do that twice.

That last video - that driver is just a total piece of ****. He might as well be shooting target practice in a playground. Several times he nearly hit bicyclists racing over pedestrian areas. The worst part is that the video is edited, so while he doesn't hit anyone in that video, the times that he did may have been edited out. That stuff in that video needs to be left to the video games. I didn't think street racing like that existed and that isn't what I think of at all when people say "street racing".

Old 10-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I have a varied opinion on this subject.
1. People have the right to own any vehicle they can afford and should be proud to own them but at the same time, they should be able to control their urges to unleash the power that the vehicle has, but...............to quote a movie "control is an illusion" so whether they can or cannot control themselves is ultimately up to themselves. Any time they drive like an idiot they know they are taking a risk of causing an accident, a child running out, another driving turning in front etc. etc. but yet, they still do it (I am just as guilty as the next guy for seeing how fast my cars can go)
2. Any kid can walk in to any motorcycle dealer and buy themselves a motorcycle that will do 185 mph ++ as long as they have the money or a co signer, and they do it each and every day, and each and every day the motorcycle is too powerful and they get seriously injured or killed. Yet the dealers sell them to the kids in a heartbeat as long as the cheque doesn't bounce.
3. Elderly people that can barely walk and see get behind the wheel of a car each and every day, these vehicles can go extremely fast (thankfully they rarely do with this class of drivers) and they can kill people without going fast just the same (watch cops sometime, especially the episode where the guy is going the wrong way on the freeway)

I mentioned those to support my stance. I think they should be able to limit the vehicle that a person drives if they are caught abusing the power of the vehicle, such as with DUI, 3rd time and you don't get your license back (not that there should ever even be a 3rd time, but you get my drift). I a person has a vehicle that can go 200 mph it doesn't necessarily mean they are going to drive at that speed all the time, but I can't blame them for wanting to own a car that can go that fast. If they are caught going that fast and putting others lives at risk, then maybe governing their vehicle so that it can only go 70 mph for a certain amount of time, may, or may not teach them a little respect about how to not abuse the power of their vehicles.

Ok I will step off my soap box now lol

Old 10-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You don't have enough choices up there?
Everyone seems to think that Driving is a right, you really are supposed to earn it. But I don't want the vehicle to be limited to a certain speed then you can get out of the way if you need too. That last video seems to be a BMW that is fighting with the Bikes have no idea what the Bikes are, but for this kind of car he sure was taking chances. It seems that we don't give enough attention to drivers education. We should have to do what they do in Germany for drivers ed. I think if I recall it takes 6 months or longer. My Daughter who was a straight A student, she was like 3rd in her class of 175, she informs me that she has taken the drivers ed class and passed everything for her license and has now going to be driving. "I said yeah right when you pass my test"!!!!
She goes running to her Mom and says what does he mean by that??
So now fast forward to today! she is long married and tells me you know that thing you taught me back when I was learning to drive?
I didn't remember until she told what she did. She said that really works I had to use that, it saved me from a wreck.
Remain calm and don't panic.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Thumbs up >Thanks Member's<

Thanks `Brent, `Ken, Dale & Member's for posting your thoughts, opinions on this subject. I shall reserve my thoughts until later on this controversial topic (?) It's always interesting to see what our diverse group of member's think on various topic's.

Thanks for taking your time to post and share. I look forward to reading what our member's post..

It sure can get crazy, dangerous out there on your highways of life > Buckle `Up > Drive Defensively 4-Sure > Be Safe!

Last edited by Space; 10-18-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:40 AM

Buckle `Up > Watch Out
There's Crazy Driver's out there
on the highways like `Space

Old 10-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

This last Video definitely defines the Words "FLASH FLOOING".
So you have to ask yourself? When these people learned to drive was the training video Die Hard III with ? Bruce and Samuel "remember as Bruce said Hang the F**k On". Wow!?!?
I was talking to a fellow at the Hotel here a couple of weeks back and he said the driving is so bad in Russia that every body has a dash cam!
Looks like they need them and they are great for entertaining Video's.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Unhappy >Bad Stuff can happen 4-Sure<

Results of a Monte Carlo Street Race

Quick Reply: >Should they make cars/vehicles to go over 80 MPH ?<