Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

She had to be put down today

Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default She had to be put down today

Today we found out that our 7 year old miniature schnauzer named Punkin had to be put down today because she has been having some problems as of late and she went in to surgery today and the doctor found that she had cancer in most of her soft tissue.

We got her from a friend when she was 3 years old and she was the best dog a kid could ever hope for. I am taking it pretty hard rightnow, it is the first time i have experinced death in my family and it hurts alot. As for me it was the first time in 5 years i think that i have cried. i will always miss her.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:24 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: She had to be put down today

sorry to hear about it. i know how we can get attached to pets.. i'll probably cry when my kitty kat dies . i wish you the best.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:26 PM

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved pet. I know the feeling and hope you won't need to grieve for too long. You'll never forget the good times. I miss my Shepard Mix dog "Trooper" all the time. We had his remains cremated and have a Memorial of him right on my desk.

God be with you and lessen the pains of your loss.
Sincerely,

Rick Massey

Our prayers are for you!

Old 01-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I'm so sorry. They become part of the family.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:38 PM

[align=center]Hi Luke,[/align][align=center]I am sorry foryour loss ofyour loved pet Punkin.[/align][align=center]It's difficult to accept the loss of someone we love.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish you strength and understanding to deal with [/align][align=center]the process that happens to all living creations.[/align][align=center]I believe, [/align][align=center]There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish you good memories of your dog Punkin, until[/align][align=center]you are re-united in another world, another `space.[/align][align=center]I wish Peace to you and family,[/align][align=center]`Space & the BeachRiverBum's[/align][align=center]I hope that the below site might help in some way[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][align=center][/align]
[ul][*][align=center]"Good Bye Old Friend" [/align][*][align=center]Loving Memories: The Grieving Process [/align][*][align=center]Helping Friends Who Are Mourning [/align][*][align=center]Grief Management in Children [/align][*][align=center]Pet Loss Resources [/align][*][align=center]Suggestions for Coping with Pet Loss [/align][*][align=center]Pet Loss Myths [/align][*][align=center]A Pet's Prayer [/align][*][align=center]Pet Loss Support Discussion Group: Caring & Sharing[/align][/ul][align=center]"Good Bye Old Friend"
A loving tribute to a special dog[/align][align=center]Click on below for source[/align][align=center]http://www.petvets.com/petloss/index.html[/align]
[/align]

Old 01-17-2008, 03:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Sorry so hear. I highly recommend the following.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:20 PM

Im truley sorry to hear of your loss of this huge part of any family.
i hope that you and the family

Old 01-17-2008, 04:43 PM

I too, am sorry for your loss...

I am preparing for my own, my dog, buster, is getting very old, and we arent sure how much longer he'll be around. He is a mix wired-hair pointing griffin. Big dog, very friendly, very loyal. I will miss him dearly, but he is still doin ok, cant climb stairs too well though.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear it.

We're expecting our dog Heidi to pass on soon. Her brother Herman passed away 3 years ago right after Christmas. We suspect it was the vet's fault Herman became diabetic. After that we had to give Herman insulin shots twice a day. My first experience with giving anything living a shot. Kind of strange.

Before we got Herman & Heidi we had another schnauzer Tobi. Tobi developed spine problems and his sight went. He too had to be put down.

Adopting another pet does help but you still need to have a little time to deal with your loss before you adopt another pet.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:53 PM

defently morn the loss . if you dont it will just become real hard to deal with things. this gose for anythign or anyone that has passed. i think it is jus tour way of healing so we can move on and enjoy thier memory.

I have been after the wife i want another dog real bad but she keeps saying not till we own our own home. GO FIGURE!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: She had to be put down today