Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

September Photo contest themes (got 3 again) you can be on the lookout

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 09:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay, I got the goods.

It hasn't been the kind of day I wished it was. Early this morning I hurt my back doing laundry and that set the pace. I couldn't even wash my car like I always do before photo shooting and it's dirty too. At least the seat heater is nice I my back, but I was generally grumpy and uncomfortable when I got out this morning. Downtown London (where I like to shoot) was busier than a usual Sunday morning which was ticking me off. And that forced me to tick others off as I drove around stopping irregularly looking down alleys and trying to mentally frame shots as I look around. This artsy city is actually quite tolerant of disruptive photographers, but I can't get sort of ignorant sometimes. I was very distracted with pain too and lucky I didn't cause an accident. And it was too sunny and all shadows. Yeah... this is not my day

I wasn't happy with any shots I was getting driving around. I should also mention that I'm trying not to drive around. As I completed the photo shoot today, the BudChev is now just 16 kms away from turning 100,000. I had hoped that day would never come. It won't be today. I headed home early, unhappy with the morning's take.

But I was wrong. I didn't have fun like usual, but I did get some pretty decent photos.

I went back to the "Yogi graffiti" alley to take new pics (all pics were taken this morning fresh, none from last month). It's an awesome alley and I could take a pic from any corner of the car - the backdrop is amazing

Is that an "Inside looking Out" shot, or a "Fences and Gate" shot? Try this angle...

Victoria Park also has one of these:

It's not positioned well for a shot next to the BudChev, but an over-the-shoulder out-the-window shot is doable

I guess I spend the most time trying to get a good fences and gates shot because I was happy with what I was getting. But looking at these pics, that where I got the best results

So those are fresh off the press. I haven't picked which one are the entrants yet, but I will. I thought these were worth sharing anyways. I was hoping to get a head start on next months challenge this morning too, but I did not. The BudChev will be going into storage soon and I really don't want to use those kms....

Old 09-28-2018, 07:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

K - so officially I'll choose pics 2, 3 and good ole #8 as my official 3 entrants (shouldn't be hard to figure out which is for which theme)

Old 09-28-2018, 08:50 PM

My car with another MCF member I have not heard or seen in a long time...

Old 09-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Okay I will put up the Voting for this in the Morning

Okay I will put up the Voting for this in the Morning. These are some terrific photo's here.. Great job!!