Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

seniors

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default seniors

[align=center]
Seniors
A group of senior citizens was sitting around talking about their ailments:

“My arms are so weak I can hardly hold this cup of coffee,” said one.

“Yes, I know. My cataracts are so bad I can’t even see my coffee,” replied another.

“I can’t turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck,” said a third, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.

“My blood pressure pills make me dizzy,” another went on.

“I guess that’s the price we pay for getting old,” winced an old man as he shook his head.

Then there was a short moment of silence.

“Well, it’s not that bad,” said one woman cheerfully. “Thank God we can all still drive!”
[/align]

[/align][/align]

Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Default RE: seniors

Mod Wiz Kidd, my Grandfather didn't think your post was funny [:@]LOL
I did : )
Space...[sm=chairshot.gif]..Grandpa
He collected his rent money & departed & didn't evenfinish his coffee.
He can do 0 - 60 MPH in one hour

Old 04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member

1 HOUR! LMAO!!

just get him some rims and nitrous and he'll be set ready to go on pinks

Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh, that wasn't even funny. One night you'll be headed home. You'll get lost on the way, turn down a street you're unfamiliar with and your Monte will stall out. Before you know your Monte will surrounded by a street gang. Of senior citizens.

After they drag you kicking & screaming out of your Monte, they'll take your precription drug money and drive off in your Monte.

PS. I've yet to meet anyone who drives faster then my girlfriend's dad. And he'll be 80 next year. (#$%^ Michigan drivers)

Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member

everybody in michigan drives fast...my cuzin is from there and i went for a drive from detroit to flint with her..and i think we were going about 90-100 mph the whole way..and we were going the flow of the traffic......but it was in a saturn!! lol

Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I've said for a long time, if the OSP would ticket every MI driver driving through OH (cause you know they were speeding at some point) then we locals wouldn't have to pay any state taxes. [sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

(then my girlfriend slugs me)

Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj

[sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

(then my girlfriend slugs me)

speedy and voilent lo
l[sm=chairshot.gif] red =rj's girlfriend
green = rj

lol

Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 AM

You're not kidding about seniors. This morning I nearly rear ended a blue hair that decided that 3 mph was a good speed to make a turn off of a main road (40 MPH speed limit). I mean, it's not complaining when their driving is just plain unsafe! A year ago I had a person pulled overand ticketed that was weaving and swerving, they weren't drunk, or under the influence of a medication, they were old! Later I found out that the judgedropped the fine because he too was a senior.
Apparantly driving the speed limit is too fast for their brains to process and they end up weaving... I dunno. It angers me to the point that I want to pull them over and yell at them, but still the same they've got lives too, and not for long at that. Why further degrade their existence by taking away the privelage of driving?

There was a show on tv that was all about people talking/texting on cellphones while driving and how it causes problems, I know 60 year olds in GREAT health that couldn't pass that test with or without a cellphone at their ear! For one you had to stay within 5 mph of the posted speed limit, most old people can't reliably stay within 50 Mph of ANY speed!

I also saw something where they tapped into the computer and video taped the driver when the car braked hard, or swerved hard, or if the airbags were deployed. Mainly with teenagers, so they could show their parents and all that. They tried putting it in an old person's car but it kept running out of tape because it recorded every single stop or turn they made!

I mean call meunreasonable, butI totally agree with cellphone laws. I just thinkyou should be able to get an exemption if you can prove the ability to handle it on a simulator! IMHO every driver should have to pass an extremelytough simulator every 3 years,then if you fail or lose so many marksit should be every year until you can bring it back up. Maybe they could earn an extra year if they do above a certain mark, but there really is no simple answer to all the idiots on the roads. You want to see a doctor lose half of her IQ points, put her behind the wheel of a 2-ton SUV and strap a brat in the back.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Off the subject a little here but years ago a man from a local weathly family who's in his 80s kills two teenagers. He hit their car with is Cadillac.

No charges were filed cause the man's family offered these kids familes money to forget everything.

And this guykept on driving.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member

what kind of family could forget their kids for money? i would never be able to forgive the person that did that... and i'm a forgiving person