Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: If I had to pick one of the below (?) I'd choose
Ford Fusion
62.50%
Nissan Altima
25.00%
VW
0%
Honda Accord
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

> Sedans > Comparision Tests + more

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb > Sedans > Comparision Tests + more

Member's, `if you had to buy one of the below sedans (?) Which one from below would you get ? (Please Vote in above poll.) Thanks

Post & let us know...Below is from Car & Driver November 2012..<HGROUP style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
2013 Ford Fusion SE EcoBoost vs. 2013 Honda Accord EX, 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV, 2012 Volkswagen Passat 2.5 SE

Masters of the Middle: Four straight-laced sedans that pull the market's strings.

</HGROUP></HEADER>

These four vehicles may not grab you by the scruff, but they are the mother’s milk of the U.S. auto industry. Combined, they amounted to 775,508 sales last year, or around 6 percent of all light vehicles sold in our fair nation. When they succeed, Americans get raises and promotions and, as all four are built in the United States, overtime pay that goes directly to Main Street. When they fail—doom. The odds are favorable that you will shop for one or, being the car nut in the family, share your opinion about one. So stop thinking that it would be more fun to read the poster about periodontal disease on the far wall and pay attention!

We chose the high-volume configuration, which means small engine, automatic transmission, mid-grade trim, and a circa-$26,000 price. The Passat is in because it’s a returning champ, having outdone its competition in two previous comparison tests against, among others, the Toyota Camry and the Hyundai Sonata. Herewith we return to the ring an SE with the 2.5-liter five-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission.

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 10px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-SPACING: 0px; WIDTH: auto; LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; FONT: 13px/20px Georgia; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; COLOR: rgb(68,68,68); VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px" class=default border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=429><TBODY style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TR style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The other three cars are all new for 2013. The aptly named Fusion fuses styling themes from several former Ford-owned colonies. Aston Martinis recalled in the face, Jaguar in the cab-rearward profile, and Volvo in the ski-jump dash. Well, why not? Ford paid for it all way back when, so it’s not technically stealing. A 1.6-liter EcoBoost turbocharged four-cylinder pairs with a six-speed automatic. The only Fusion available to us had $4685 in options, all electronic and comfort related (read: MyFord Touch plus leather and navigation, mainly), so it’s the luxury liner of the test.

The new, ninth-generation Honda Accord is 3.5 inches shorter bumper-to-bumper and about an inch tighter between the wheels than its fleshy predecessor. And this one is exactly 100 pounds lighter than the gen-eight EX-L we tested in May. The overhauled “Earth Dreams” DOHC 2.4-liter is Honda’s first example of direct injection in North America, while a Honda-built CVT is your only automatic alternative to a six-speed manual.

Nissan’s redesigned Altima in mid-grade SV trim keeps its 2.5-liter long-stroke four-cylinder and CVT combo. The billowing new lines evoke current Infinitis, and, unlike the Accord, the Altima is still growing. It added 0.8 inch in overall length and 1.3 inches to its beam, moving it to the dimensional middle of a tightly regimented segment (note how close all of the dimensions are in the chart). Nissan targeted the Altima to be the lightest of its peers, and it is, at 3136 pounds. It’s also the least-expensive contender in our test.

Including all the competitors in the mid-size segment, there are more than a million sold annually. They may come bearing “Coexist” bumper stickers, but this is a high-stakes blood fight. Continued... <~ Click

<NAV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 10px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; LETTER-SPACING: normal; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; FONT: 11px/13px Georgia, serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; COLOR: rgb(68,68,68); VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px" class=mod>PHOTOS (93)</NAV>

Other Stories You Might Like

<WBR>

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 vs. 2008... >

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL450 -... >

Lingenfelter Introduces Production,... >

Other Stories You Might Like

<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 1px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 1px" id=ob_iframe src="http://widgets.outbrain.com/nanoWidget/3rd/comScore/comScore.htm"></IFRAME>
<WBR><STYLE type=text/css>.voterDiv .ob_bctrl{display:none;}.ob_pdesc IMG{border:none;}.AR_1 .ob_what{text-align:right;clear:both;}.AR_1 .ob_clear{clear:both;}.AR_1 .rec-src-link {display: none;} .AR_1 .ob_container{width:100%;position:relative;overflo w:hidden;}.AR_1 .strip-img{width:134px;height:82px;border:none !important;margin:0px !important;display:block;padding:0px !important;}.AR_1 .item-link-container{text-decoration:none;}.AR_1 .strip-rec-link-title{font-size:13px;font-weight:normal;line-height:16px;}.AR_1 .strip-rec-link-source{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}.AR_1 .strip-like{padding-bottom:4px;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;height:20px;font-weight:bold;}.AR_1 .item-container a,.AR_1 .item-container a:hover,.AR_1 .item-container a:visited{border:medium none;text-decoration:none;}.AR_1 .ob_video{border:medium none;position:absolute;top:5px;left:5px}.AR_1 .ob-rec-link-img{position:relative;}.AR_1 .wbr:before {content: \"\200B\"} .AR_1 .ob_container_recs{width:100%;position:absolute;}. AR_1 .ob_container_recs A{display:inline;direction:ltr;text-align:left;}.AR_1 .ob-text-content A{width:100%;padding:0px 0px;}.AR_1 .ob-text-content{padding-top:6px;}.AR_1 .item-container A.ob-text-content{display:block;}.AR_1 .ob_container_recs .item-container{float:left;direction:ltr;width:136px;mar gin-bottom:300px;padding-right:5px;}.AR_1 .ob_container_recs .ob-last{padding-right:0px;}.AR_1 .ob_container_shadow_outer{position:static;width:1 00%;}.AR_1 .ob_container_shadow .item-container-shadow{position:static;overflow-x:hidden;width:0px;float:left;direction:ltr;}.AR_1 .ob_container_shadow .item-container{width:136px;visibility:hidden;float:left } </STYLE>
2014 Maserati Quattroporte Revealed,... >
(Car Reviews - 2011 Car Reviews and 2012 New Cars at Car and Driver)

2015 Ford Mustang (spy photo)... >
(Car Reviews - 2011 Car Reviews and 2012 New Cars at Car and Driver)

2012 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4... >

Last edited by Space; 11-13-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:09 AM

Complete Specs and Performance Data
Click above to review

Interesting Test...
Three (3) four bangers & the VW is a five cylinder...One has a turbo ?

Two have six speed automatic transmissions &
Two have CVT's...

The highest MPG's in their 300 miles test was only 19 MPG average

They all are $25 K price range

They all ran the 1/4 mile in the 16 second bracket

I wasn't impressed, but the test was interesting on what is out there on the roads today...

Post your thoughts/comments ~> Thanks

Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I picked the nissan, I've had an older sentra for the last 3 years and it has been a very dependable vehicle. I do like the look of the ford tho.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 AM

I picked the Ford...

Old 11-13-2012, 07:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Probably the only time I would pick a Ford haha

Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Probably the only time I would pick a Ford haha

I voted for the Honda, but I love what Ford did to the Fusion.
I like Honda Engines + their six speed standard transmission over the CVT's..
The Fusion looks european and reviews indicate that it drives/rides like it also....I like many of Ford Products & hope they do well against the competition...

I wonder how the Impala would've ranked in this comparison test ? (I wonder a lot) & then I get lost (LOL)

Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When they redesign the Mustang, it will probably have that Fusion / Aston Martin look to it.

Could be the closest we get to have a reasonably priced looking DB9

Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
When they redesign the Mustang, it will probably have that Fusion / Aston Martin look to it.

Could be the closest we get to have a reasonably priced looking DB9

I like the Aston Martin Look & I think it would be great to if the Mustang was able to copy that look...We might even be able to afford one then...To me the DB9's are classic 4-Sure.

2015 Ford Mustang: Post-Retro Pony?

Motor Trend recently offered the latest in a long line of speculation over the design direction of the next generation of Ford’s most important upcoming car, the 2015 Mustang. Do you like the above I'd rather have a bar type grille & smaller...I do like it

Last edited by Space; 11-13-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 AM

Filed Under: 2015 Mustang
Oct 19th 2012

2015 Ford Mustang rendered and detailed AGAIN

Time and again, we have all been privy to rumors and speculation surrounding the 2015 Ford ]. Car & Driver is now the latest party to lay out solid intel surrounding the forthcominginstallment of the 2015 Mustang. Everyone knows the 5.0-liter is back and it is awesome, but what does the 2015 Mustang hold for us in power, design, refinement, and pizzazz? Sources say we shall find out soon enough on Thursday, April 17, 2014 — exactly 50 years from the day the Mustang made it to the marketplace. Nothing like ringing in half a century of legendary dominance by making an entrance to the birthday party in entirely new skin, right?[/COLOR]

Did I just highjack this thread from Sedan Comparisons to the Future Mustangs (LOL)

Old 11-13-2012, 09:24 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Id take the Ford but it needs a v6 option imo

Quick Reply: > Sedans > Comparision Tests + more