Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Saw my old truckin town today-Pics

Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Saw my old truckin town today-Pics

So as I was crusing around town today I ran across something intersting. My old truck! I sold this one about a week or so after I got my SS. Anyway I needed to get rid of it to help pay for the new car and as I washed and waxed it I noticed how many bubles were under the paint. I knew it'd rust but I didnt know it'd look like this after the mild winter we had. Boy am I glad I sold that shes rusting more than I thought she would. When I sold it it had 104,500 miles and its a 1998 1500. I do like the lift thats been put on since I had it but the tires are much too small for the lift lol anyway heres some photos.

I'm all for stickers on trucks but the one on the tailgate?? Lol I don't think I'd have put one there.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

nice, i always look for my old cars... never seem to see them tho, granted alot of them ended up at the crap yard lol, need more pics of that LS thats parked there too!

Old 07-27-2012, 04:53 PM

I'm not sure what the LS or the owner of my old truck do but I think they're working for the company thats remodeling our buisness part of town. I caught a glimsp of the truck sitting there a day ago along with the LS also and was like damn should ahad my camera. Well it was there again today and is still sititng there with the LS. Maybe they're both workers or it could be him and his girlfriend. I was hoping the truck would be around so I could see it since the guy lives a town away, honestly thought the way the body is and how much coolant and oil she drank I didn't expect him to keep it and do so much with it. I know his dads a farmer so its also a farm truck so it's taken a beating.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I've always loved that style of Dodge. Probably because my dad owned a lifted 01 red sport while I was growing up lol.. I wouldn't mind getting one some day if I could find one in decent enough shape.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Heres some slightly better pics of the LS. Looks like she could use a little work.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:02 PM

As you can probably see the building they are parked behind had a pretty bad fire. Just throwing that out there to explain in case anyone noticed.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I've always loved that style of Dodge. Probably because my dad owned a lifted 01 red sport while I was growing up lol.. I wouldn't mind getting one some day if I could find one in decent enough shape.
Ahh you just reminded me of my memory lol heres a pic of my 01 Red Ram sport. Stock lift with 285/75/16s on Cragar Soft 8s mock Hemi hood, dual flowmaster 44 series exhaust (was way too quiet if you ask me lol), tool box, tint, smokers gaurds and a beastly 360 Magnum V8. Also was debadged. She started rusting, the back 2 mini doors were broken so badly they wouldnt open, and like Dodge all the front end parts started going at once. I was going to start fixing the front end and suspension (needed new shocks badly) and then it started drinking coolant. After my experiances with my first Dodge I had to let her go, but damn I miss this one. The thing I love about Dodge is the 4x4 on the floor I hate the turn **** 4x4 on my Ford lol.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I noticed the burned out building. I thought maybe the owner of the truck was working in it.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 PM

He might be its a possibility. It was a local Town House Cafe the reason of the fires still unkown but it destroyed the cafe and the apartment building upstairs. The owner is intent on rebuild although theres rumors he set it ablaze himself to get out and collect hte money. The kid I sold it too is maybe just turning 18 so not sure if he'd be working on it since he was still working for his parents on the farm when he bought it from me, but anythings possible.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
It was a local Town House Cafe the reason of the fires still unkown but it destroyed the cafe and the apartment building upstairs. The owner is intent on rebuild although theres rumors he set it ablaze himself to get out and collect hte money.
Ah! Magic Lightning.

That's the invisible lightning that nobody ever sees or hears. But starts devastating fires. We get that all the time here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw my old truckin town today-Pics