Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: > Saturday, October 22, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
you should be able easily do a factory reset. if you back up the stuff you want to keep.

Zach, I have no clue when it comes to computers. I'm actually looking to get a new one very soon, but I don't know what get? Desktop or another laptop, but it has to be under $1000 with shipping/tax!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

just depends. if you move around alot and use your computer alot not stationary then laptop. if you are in the same spot when you use it get a desktop. you can get a computer with alot better hardware in a desktop for the same price than a laptop

Old 10-22-2011, 09:53 PM
15 Year Member

I don't move around at all with my laptop. that's why I was thinking of getting a very nice desktop for under $1000. The place I work has a new every 2-year pc purchase program and I'm due to get one. After the 1st of the year they are doing away with the program. The reason for under $1000 is because they reimburse you 60% of the purchase right away if it's under, if it's over they reimburse you over a certain period of time.

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 10-22-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Too bad you're not near me, i could build you a computer for $250. Good for everyday computing, internet, email, etc. No games though hehe.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Too bad you're not near me, i could build you a computer for $250. Good for everyday computing, internet, email, etc. No games though hehe.
same here. i built one about a year and a half ago for about 800 and it was pretty fast at that time. i need to start upgrading some stuff.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:58 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I built my desktop it was easy lol

Old 10-22-2011, 11:14 PM
15 Year Member

I have a pc all figured out on dell right now, not sure if it's good or not? The total comes out to $998.65, exactly where I need it to be......

here it is if the copy/paste works, let me know if you can?

<table width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#9A9A9A"><td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="2" width="50">
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td></td></tr><tr><td></td><td colspan="10" style="padding-bottom:2px;">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td bgcolor="#9A9A9A"> SYSTEM COMPONENTS</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="10"><table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td width="60%">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td align="right" width="20%"> Qty </td> <td align="center" width="20%"> 1 </td> </tr></tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="10"><table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td width="60%"> Inspiron 620 Slimtower w/ Black Bezel, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English </td> <td align="right" valign="top"> Unit Price </td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="22%"> $1,161.98 </td> </tr></tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6"> <table width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="35%">
</td><td width="4">
</td><td valign="top" width="100%">
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td valign="top">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td valign="top">
</td> <td>
</td> <td valign="top">
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="para">
</td></tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td align="right" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">
</td> </tr> <tr> </tr> </tbody></table> <table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td colspan="2">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="10"> <hr width="100%"> </td></tr><tr><td class="section_header_background"> Module </td><td class="section_header_background"> Description </td><td colspan="3" class="section_header_background" align="right">
</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Inspiron 620 ST</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Inspiron 620 Slimtower w/ Black Bezel</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Operating System</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Processors</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Intel® Core™ i5-2320 processor(6MB Cache, 3.0GHz)</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Memory</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 DIMMs</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Keyboard</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Dell USB Entry Keyboard</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Monitor</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">ST2320L 23-inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Video Card</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Hard Drive</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Color Bezels</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Black Bezel</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Floppy Drive</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Integrated 8 in 1 Media Card Reader</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Mouse</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Logitech M505 Wireless Mouse with Unifying Receiver</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Network Card</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Standard USB 2.0 + 10/100/1000 Ethernet</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Modem</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">No Dial Up Modem Option</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Adobe Software</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Adobe® Acrobat® Reader</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Optical Drives</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">16X DVD+/-RW Drive</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Sound</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Integrated 5.1</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Wireless</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Dell Wireless 1502 (802.11n) WLAN half mini-Card</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed)</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Security Software</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">McAfee SecurityCenter, 15-Months</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Service</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">2 Year Basic Support</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">Datasafe</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">DataSafe 2.0 Online Backup 2GB for 1 year</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Trusted ID</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Trusted ID,IDSafe, 12 Month Subscription, Digital Delivery</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td class="bold_regular_text">TV Tuner and Remote Control</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">No TV Tuner Requested</td></tr><tr bgcolor="#E7E7E7"><td class="bold_regular_text">Recovery Tools</td><td class="list_cartitems" colspan="4">Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium OS, 64bit, English, Recovery DVD</td></tr></tbody></table> <table width="100%"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#9A9A9A"><td> ACCESSORIES</td></tr></tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="10"><table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td width="60%"> Bose Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Speaker System </td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td align="right" width="20%"> Qty </td> <td align="center" width="20%"> 1 </td> </tr></tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="10"><table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td width="60%"> Dell Part# A4092933 </td> <td align="right" valign="top"> Unit Price </td> <td align="center" valign="top" width="22%"> $99.99 </td> </tr></tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6"> <table width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="35%">Estimated Delivery Date </td><td width="4"></td><td valign="top" width="100%">10/27/2011 </td></tr></tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Manufacturer Part# 40274 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Dell Part# A4092933 </td> </tr> <tr> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#9A9A9A"> <td colspan="3" align="right"> TOTAL: $933.97 </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr size="1"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="upsell_background" height="25"><td colspan="5">
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf" width="1">
</td><td width="1%">
</td><td valign="bottom">
</td><td>
</td><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf" width="1"></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf" valign="top">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf"></td></tr><tr> <td colspan="5" bgcolor="#cccccc">
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf" width="1">
</td><td width="1%">
</td><td valign="bottom">
</td><td>
</td><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf" width="1"></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf" valign="top">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td bgcolor="#cfcfcf"></td></tr><tr> <td colspan="5" bgcolor="#cccccc"> </td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table> <table id="CartDetailTotalsExtension_ctl00_Table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td align="right"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td></td><td></td><td></td><td colspan="1"></td></tr><tr class="section_header_row_ecomm"><td colspan="4" class="section_header_cell_ecomm" align="right">
</td></tr><tr><td class="active_items_detail_header" align="right">
</td><td>
</td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td colspan="1"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td><td>
</td><td colspan="1"></td> </tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td><td>
</td><td colspan="1" align="left" valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td><td>
</td><td colspan="1"></td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td></tr><tr> <td class="active_items_detail_header" align="right">
</td><td colspan="3">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4"></td></tr><tr><td class="active_items_detail_header" align="right"> Total Price<sup class="title_emph">1</sup> </td><td></td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">$998.65</td><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 10-22-2011, 11:15 PM

evening all, had a flu shot on thursday and developed a fever. ugh. time for bed for me.