Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, October 10, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by callie100
That's great you had a chance to move back! Oklahoma is a beautiful state. Are you close to friends and family? I guess it has been a LONG time since we've been on! We've planted pretty good roots here in KY, so I guess this is where we'll always be, lol! Good luck with work, hope the day passes quickly for you. :-)
Yeah a good chunk of my dad's family is in Oklahoma. My dad will be in NW Arkansas when he retires and my brother is there currently.

I have about 3 hours left in the shift, but 30 min of that will be taken up by lunch. It hasn't been a bad day. Fairly laid back on Saturdays.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Well since you are talking about Oklahoma I was down there in 2013. I enjoyed the state.
I finally got to drive on Route 66, back in the 50's my parents moved from Iowa to California and my dad said he drove to Joplin, MO. and took route 66 all the way to Needles, CA. So it was always on the bucket list to do that, I was in New Mexico and only drove about a mile on it there. Interesting that this Highway is still in pretty good shape.
My stay was in Weatherford, Ok and went to a car show there too.
Then later I ended up in McAlister, OK for a few months.
Had to fight off a bug infestation at the Hotel the Hampton Inn there . The Hotel still owes me for Bug spray.

Anyway I took these photo's of a Cattle Drive Sculpture out there was pretty cool.

Attached Thumbnails Saturday, October 10, 2015-stampede-4-.jpg   Saturday, October 10, 2015-stampede-8-.jpg   Saturday, October 10, 2015-stampede-9-.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 10-10-2015 at 11:52 AM. Reason: photo
Old 10-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Evening everyone. Spent the day putting a new metal roof on my folks place, well we got over half done before we ran out of daylight but still did pretty good. The 15 ft sheets of metal cover a lot of square ground but they are difficult to maneuver, but we pre drilled on the ground so that it was easier on the roof. So now I'm pretty tuckered out lol

Hope everyone enjoyed their day