Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 5th, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' all. As usual the forecast was wrong yesterday and we had rain most of the day instead of it being dry. Currently it's 34° with 93% humidity. The wind chill factor brings the temp down to 30°. Looking at the surveillance cameras I see that there is ice on the windows of the Monte. I hope it warms up a few degrees in the next couple of hours. I'd like to wash the car before going out to breakfast and shopping with the family. Hope everyone makes a good one of it today.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:49 AM

Good Morn'in `Mike, Wish you SunShine & better weather.
I learned early in life that WeatherManWomen `Lie & seem to be wrong, more then right ..Wish you a Safe/Fun WeekEnd.

WeatherMan ^^^They don't lie : )

Last edited by Space; 11-05-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:17 AM

Good morning everybody. Thanks Supply Sgt for posting the blog today. It looks like we will get discharged around one today. We are all looking forward to heading home. I will check in later.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning Monte Friends!

Frost is thick on the ground this morning! Doing some shoping with the wife today. Have a nasty job of geting the snow-blower out of the shed in back and moving it to the garage. Getting prepaired for things to come.
On a happier note, Ronda and I are spending Christmas in Kansas to watch our grandkids (Triston 6yrs and Ashlyn 3yrs) open thier presents (our first time to see them do this). I have a week off (due to customer plant shut downs) between christmas and New years. So will spend some of it with my daughter and her little family in Payola Kansas. Really looking foreward to that. We have already brought our plane tickets.

Really looking foreward to the Skyrim release by Bethesda 11-11-11
this is the sequal to Oblivian (what you didn't know I was a gaming nerd?) - Zack (my step-son) are going out to get it as soon as the doors open; Him x-box, me PC.

Monte is taking shape Painted the intake manifold this week.
(no more pics untill she is done this spring as the Deuce is a work in progress)

Old 11-05-2011, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good morning SGT, Space Mike , Taz, Gregg & Tadd. Hope all is well with all of you. Starting out to be a nice day today. A windy day for sure. But Sunny and near 60. Greeg Hope you get to go home today with the family. It's always good to sleep in your own bed. Taz you should be off of work by now. Have great day. Mike enjoy your shopping trip. Sgt. Looking for another job to help you. When your time is up. Is a GREAT Idea. With jobs hard to find. Another busy day again today for me. I'll be home off & on. Got to help family do this & that. Plus rinse off the Monte. Ran into a little dust bowl yesterday. Had the Chevelle out for a quick ride. made some noise & came home. Hope all of you have a great Saturday. GO MICHIGAN

Old 11-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning everyone, space i love your post about the 5th gens this morning, makes me feel slightly better about owning one Clear and sunny here this morning. I've got work for most of the afternoon so i wont get to do much for my saturday.

A good friend of mine leaves monday to go to texas for boot camp to get into the air force. I wish i had the time to see him once more time before he left. But i wish him luck and hope he does well

Old 11-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Good Morning Tadd, Rick & Member's,
Wish Everyone a SuperSuper WeekEnd ~> EnJoy 4-Sure
Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
morning everyone, space i love your post about the 5th gens this morning, makes me feel slightly better about owning one

Your Welcome `Keane, I really like the 5th Gen, especially the Z34's , but I love a model of every generation. The 5th is a Super Clean DeSign & I've seen many super ones that owner's have & added to the beauty.. I think you were lucky (Fortunate) to have found a great looking one at a Super Price 4-$ure...I'd be proud to own & drive it 4-Real
"Black Beauty" 1995 Monte Carlo Tribute - YouTube
Another Vid on the 5th Gen
p.s. Wish your friend the best & it's great that he will be serving his country...
================================================== =======
p.s.`Gregg, Great that your wife & baby are coming home : ) EnJoy your Miracle & I hope you
all can get some rest.., or go 2 the Car Show : )

Last edited by Space; 11-05-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

i'll tell my friend that a kid from space said good luck in the air force, hopefully he doesn't think i'm on any space drugs

Old 11-05-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
i'll tell my friend that a kid from space said good luck in the air force, hopefully he doesn't think i'm on any space drugs

Hi `Keane,
He should believe since the Air Force has their own Space Command , yes 4-Sure ~>

I hope someone returns to get me & bring me back home: )

Last edited by Space; 11-05-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey guys, sounds like everyone's got a decent saturday goin so far. I didn't have to work today and made a plan to spend most of the morning in bed, looking at the good ol' MCF and watching College game day to see what they say about my Huskers. Thinking i'll go out and wash up the monte here in a little bit. Hope everyone has a good saturday!

Rick--think i'm gonna try for that video of my wheels today. . . .no promises tho :P

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 5th, 2011