Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: >Saturday, November 26, 2011< Click Here & join the `Fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mornin' Angie. When you reply look to the right of the text box and you should see some emoticons. Place the cursor in your message where you want the emoticon then click on the emoticon of your choice. It will appear in your message. If you click the 'more' button below the emoticons a seperate window will open with additional ones to choose from.

BTW - I've been meaning to ask you...How do you like the Dynomax exhaust on your car? Is it obnoxiously loud or fairly mellow?

Old 11-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning MCF!

MOTM voting is now open for December's contest. Head over to the MOTM section, and cast your vote!

I got a new addition to the Taz collection. I was at Staples last week, and noticed they had Loony Tunes thumbdrives. Of course I had to get Taz. It's not very big. Only 1.5 inches high. But he's a mean little devil. Mu-wah-ha-ha.

Considering getting the rest of the collection too.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
I'll be right there. We try to avoid scaring our animals at the Center - once you've been sprayed by a skunk you learn these things. Speaking of skunks - how do you insert a smiley face or other emoticon in your Forum messages? I don't see an option for that. Just wondering....
You won't see them if you use the Quick Reply box. You have to either click the Reply button, Quote button in someone's post, or click the "Go Advanced" button in the quick reply box.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Thanks Taz - I was just going to add that info to my post.

That thumb drive is cool. How many GB will it hold?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Hi Taz (Lou), thanks for your post & creating another super MOTM contest...I sure hope we have a good turn `out this month 4-Sure...

....Assistant

Thanks also 4 sharing your new edition `Taz

Our MCF Mascot

Attached Thumbnails &gt;Saturday, November 26, 2011&lt; Click Here &amp; join the `Fun-tazlou.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 11-26-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Mornin' Angie. When you reply look to the right of the text box and you should see some emoticons. Place the cursor in your message where you want the emoticon then click on the emoticon of your choice. It will appear in your message. If you click the 'more' button below the emoticons a seperate window will open with additional ones to choose from.

BTW - I've been meaning to ask you...How do you like the Dynomax exhaust on your car? Is it obnoxiously loud or fairly mellow?

Now I get it - the emoticons appear when you do a "Quote" reply like this, not New Reply.

I love the Dynomax exhaust. It took a while to open up and get louder, but now it's perfect. Not too loud at all, just a low rumble. I'd like it to have more cabin noise but otherwise I wouldn't change it. The shop tells me if I want to go louder I'd need to do a resonator delete. Is that right? Isn't there a smaller step between the exhaust I have now and complete resonator delete? I'm afraid that's too drastic and would be too loud.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Now I get it - the emoticons appear when you do a "Quote" reply like this, not New Reply.

I love the Dynomax exhaust. It took a while to open up and get louder, but now it's perfect. Not too loud at all, just a low rumble. I'd like it to have more cabin noise but otherwise I wouldn't change it. The shop tells me if I want to go louder I'd need to do a resonator delete. Is that right? Isn't there a smaller step between the exhaust I have now and complete resonator delete? I'm afraid that's too drastic and would be too loud.
The emoticons are supposed to show up when you click "New Reply". If they don't, you need to change your settings in your User Control Panel. Your user control panel is accessed by clicking "User CP" in the red link bar across the top of the page.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Thanks Taz - I was just going to add that info to my post.

That thumb drive is cool. How many GB will it hold?
It's 4GB. Kinda small, I know. But I didn't really buy it for the capacity anyway. :p

Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Angie: The way I hear it.. The new mufflers are getting louder because of the way your breaking them in. I hear about this White Monte Carlo in & around the St Louis area. Hitting the feeways at 80 to 90 MPH ?? Is there some truth to that?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default My Area

TOO BAD You don't live in my Area. I'd chase you down with one of my SS's You would be going down the freeway and see something RED getting bigger and bigger in your rear view mirror. Then before you could turn around to see what its was. It would be past you! Another one bites the dust DON'T MESS WITH THE SS

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: >Saturday, November 26, 2011< Click Here & join the `Fun