Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 1st, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone. I am off work and I'm Erie PA for the day. The weather is crappy but we are going to splash lagoon which is an indoor water park so no worries about the weather. Everyone have a great day.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Good afternoon everyone. I am off work and I'm Erie PA for the day. The weather is crappy but we are going to splash lagoon which is an indoor water park so no worries about the weather. Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning `Zach,
Sounds like a super fun time. I learn about many great places to go that are posted by member's..

Wish you a Super Fun Time & a safe trip!
Are you taking your Monte ?
We look forward to your review > EnJoy <

Old 11-01-2014, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Good morning all

Hi `Devin,
What are you doing this weekend ? (R U still getting the weekends `off ?)...Is it cold there ? It cool here in Florida with some brisk winds...Going 2 `be in the 40's 2morrow morning & that's freezing 4 us (lol)... Wish you & member's a great > fun > WeekEnd > EnJoy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi `Ken, it's great that you got to sleep in 2day...(That must be rare 4 U). I got up early to work on company reports (not fun), but I'm still on the payroll & on leave.

Do you watch the TV Talents shows ? I've only watched a few that were posted on U-Tube & there's some great talent out there.

If you watch ?, what do you think is the best one ?

Wish all a Great > Happy Day > Don't 4-get 2 EnJoy your `Now

Old 11-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Afternoon Space,
I watch the shows America's Got Talent, I enjoy watching that one, all the way to the end as I think some of the contestants are absolutely incredibly talented, but I always ask the question "would I go to vegas to see that act if they won, or are they an opening act" because some of them, great as they are I just couldn't see them capturing the audiences attention for an extended period of time. Used to watch American Idol, but more or less when Simon left we stopped watching it as much, as mean as the guy was, some of the people truly needed to hear some of the words he would say, not all of the words he chose to speak, as he was quite cruel at times, when it really wasn't needed but I know he did it to maintain ratings once he saw that his antics raised ratings I am certain he brought out the big guns to keep his show on top.

Just checked out the UK version of the X factor the other night and it looks intriguing enough that I may check it out again.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and all goes well with your recent injury, I used to work on med surg and hopefully you don't have to have anything too serious done as it is not fun to experience any kind of surgical procedure and then a recovery process with physiotherapy is never fun. Keep me posted well all of us actually on the progress once you get the MRI results

Old 11-01-2014, 12:04 PM

Thanks `Ken for your reply & review. I don't get the chance to watch to much T.V., but I did like many I viewed that were on youtube. With your experience, you would be a good judge on one of those shows...

My doc says that I am going to have to have a pin put in my ankle & is setting up the time & date. I had another MRI yesterday & it was sent to him. I will endure & make the best of it. I just don't let being laid `up & not being active..

Thanks for your concerns.

I'm presently multi tasking on my company reports, playing on the MCF & watching the F-1 qualifying on NBC...
"It's all good" > LOL <

Wish you & all a great day > Weekend > Life > EnJoy 4-Sure
Thanks for your Time & Concerns 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 11-01-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Arrow >Fall Back>I didn't save any time in Daylight Savings Time>I'm falling back>LOL<

Daylight Saving Time 2014: Change your clocks Saturday night to 'fall back'

Old 11-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Space, a pin in the ankle is not fun, but it will make it stronger for you in the long run. I presently have quite a lot of metal throughout my face, you can actually feel the screws around my eye sockets, and up along my gum lines, not to mention what's behind holding my cheek bones together. You do run a risk of pain associated with the wetter climate that you live in, that unfortunately you will just have to wait and see with how it goes as time progresses. I know in the cold winter months up here I can feel it in my face, hard to explain with words but you just know everything is there lol.

A friend of mine went out on his roof a few years back, after an ice storm, notice how I didn't start the sentence with a "smart" friend of mine lol, and of course he slid right off and hit the ground feet first and shattered both his ankles and they had to be re constructed and honestly you would never know to this day that anything had happened, so modern science and health care has come a long way from when we were kids and they would put the external fixators on when people would break body parts

Old 11-01-2014, 01:28 PM

WoW `Ken,
That sounds like some serious injuries 4-Sure > WoW < > I felt the pain just reading your words. How did it happen ? Mine is minor compared to what you've been through .

Pain does let us know that we are alive, but I prefer & rather find & enjoy pleasure over pain 4-Real. I do have a high tolerance for pain & I don't like or am I taking any prescribed pain med's. I do take Aleve PM when the pain prevents me from sleep.

Our human bodies will only take so much & I'm sure that we all have experienced when we go over it's limits. I've sprained by ankles/wrist & muscles being stupid on my skateboard & surfboard over the years, but this is the first time I broke my ankle.

Let us know how you got your injury, but `if you don't want to relive it, I will sure understand...I think sometimes talking about it, is kind of like reliving `it

"Human beings can be very fragile & we break sometimes 4-Sure"

WoW, enough pain & pity for now (lol)...Back to living & extracting the best from our new day...

Everyone, take care & don't do stupid things like > Me

Old 11-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternoon all, actually ended up hanging out with a friend i haven't seen in a long time last night. She was home for the weekend from college, was good to catch up. And today i'm actually meeting up with another friend i haven't seen in years and then i've go work tonight. Overnight shift is always confusing when the clocks change lol.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:43 PM

GOOD afternoon `Keane,
It's great that you were able to get together with old friends.
I hope you make a point to stay in contact.

I really miss Bum `Mike (Bum Tommy is back home) & Bum `Mike wants to return, but he has to finish the project he is on b-4 he can come home.

I always miss my BeachBum Family when they or I am away from our BeachBum Village.

Life sometimes takes us away...

Wish you a E.Z. shift tonight & I hope you get paid for all the hours you work...

Peace/Out

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 1st, 2014