Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 17th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks space!
You have an awesome weekend as well!
hope all is going good for you and your family/friends!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy weekend all up early all and getting the Monte ready for a car show this evening and tomorrow.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM

`Devin 4 your words & all your contributions to the MCF It's member's like you that keep our forum active & fun 4-Sure !!!

I'm just about finishing my double shift work contract & will be changing positions next month Life sure is in constant change 4-Real...I won't be able to be online as often, but I'll still be checking in..My BeachBum Family is doing well & thanks for asking...EnJoy your `Day
==========================
Good Morning `Mel,
Wish you Good Luck and a lot of fun this weekend @ your show...We look 4ward to seeing your trophy We already know that you got a winner & I hope other's learn that also ~> enJoy

Old 11-17-2012, 08:10 AM

Good morning all. Nice sunny day here!

Short work week coming this week!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nationwide car looks good but it is just the front fascia it appears. Why not the whole cars, might make them compete to have better cars instead of a generic car with fascias.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning everyone. Got an early jump on the day this morning. Was up at 5;30 to take Ozzie outside. He started licking my face then. Guess he had to go bad. But to my surprise it was really nice outside then. Even nicer now! I've got the bedroom window open & the bathroom also the kitchen windows open There's a slight brezze and the Sun already feels warm! Trying to get thing done around here early. Since my wife isn't going to be home till weds or Tuesday night. She's with my grandson about 20 miles away. My daughter is in Orlando on a business trip. She leaves there Sunday morning for Toronto. And then home weds night. I;ve got my other grandson coming over to stay with me today till around 6 pm. While his Mom & dad have thing to take care of. Shane is a pretty cool 10 yr old. The question he asks keeps me on my toes. I think him & I will go out to lunch either at Micky D's or Burger King. Which ever one he wants to go to. AS long as I can watch the Michigan & Iowa footaball game this afternoon. Things are almost done around here. Plus the Monte is nice and CLEAN. So its going to be a great day today. Plus the weather is so nice. Suppose to be around 57 and Sunny today. Plus the weatherman says this is going to stay till Thanksgiving Day. Thats good news also. Cause my youngest Son & his family are coming down from Fargo for Thanksgiving. 3 boys under 8 and a little girl around 2. So this house will be filled and loud!. But theres always the Monte carlo if things get to noise around here. Well I'd better get things finished up around here. So I can enjoy the day a head of me. Hope everyone has a GREAT day also

Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
Good morning all. Nice sunny day here!

Short work week coming this week!

Good Morning `Joe, thanks for checking in & it's great that you have a sunny day to enjoy + a short week coming `up...
We all have so much to be thankful for ~> 4-Sure
======================================
Good Morning `Rick,
You sure have a good life & it's great to read that your family will be with you over the holidays...It's great that you get to spend some quality time with your grandson...
EnJoy your Day, your Family & your Monte Carlo S.S.
Thanks for posting/sharing
===========================
Hi `Angie, I seen you were online & I hope you see this & that you & member's have a Super Day & WeekEnd 4-Sure ~> EnJoy

Old 11-17-2012, 09:11 AM

5 Year Member

Just read the article about Wal-mart and it's unhappy employees. They are striking or just not coming to work on Thanksgiving. Can't say that I blame them but will not do much good. They will jsut end up losing their worthless jobs. Anyways, the best way for this type of thing is for us to just not shop on Thanksgiving. I am sure I won't, but the general population will most likely. Really---can't they wait a few hours till black Friday to open? Give the employees a break on this one.
GREED is a powerful thing...
Did Wal-Mart back in the beginning only carry MADE IN THE USA stuff, that is what i thought anyways, now you couldn't find a product made here. Sad. I personally hate that place but ocassionaly find myself there.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 AM

Hi `Jerry,
I think everyday is a `day 2 give thanks...Yes, maybe it's greed for Walmart, but like many in the commercial business today they have to keep up with the competition to survive & make a profit...That's reality today...

I do believe that Walmart use to only carry made in USA, but they would not `be in business `if they stuck to that method.

I am required to work on ThanksGiving with all the other employee's with our company..(We are rewarded for that sacrifice)
Just like public servants like police/fire doctors/nurses & I could fill this page with others that are required to work on holidays...

Employee's must re-adjust their holiday schedule & be happy to `be & be happy to have a job in todays world economy...

I go to Walmart & like that they have just about everything I need in one store at competitive or lower prices...

Personally, I wish everyone had every holiday `off, but it's not possible for some business operations...

That's all that fall'in outa my head & it's empty again (LOL)..I'm doing everything I can to stay awake & have about another hour + to work b-4 I can go to Walmart & get some food & personal supplies LOL

Thanks for your post & creating some activity on the MCF
EnJoy your `off time & the rest of your WeekEnd ~> EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 11-17-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:44 AM

5 Year Member

Well I am signing off here for a while and about to leave work. Gotta get home and wash and possibly wax the Mustang and cover her back up. Wife has other plans for me such as putting up all the Christmas lights. FUN... I don't even think I have waxed that car since I bought it. Need to this weekend for sure.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 17th 2012