Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, March 24, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 AM

So much for sleep. Went to sleep shortly after 5 (vaguely remember telling Whitney goodnight) and woke up about an hour ago. Laid in bed for almost an hour and finally said screw it and got out of bed.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Good Morning all. Nasty weather last night. Power went out once and then again for 3 hours. Finally decided to just go to bed after waiting 10 minutes in the dark Finally came back on at 2:30 am. Was going to mow the yard and clean it up real nice but I think we may get more rain. Gotta check the weather, It will take a while for it to dry up now the way it is. Looks like it grew overnight with all the rain. Have a great weekend.

Zach- the muffler shop I went to only charged me $20 to remove it and put new pipe in. Don't expect a major difference but it is better.
they quoted me 50 at the one i go to. I want it clamped in just in case i want to put the res back on and I wanted stainless pipe. Then it would match the rest of the magnaflow cat back system i have

Old 03-24-2012, 11:56 AM

I'm thinking about modding the truck a bit. The TBI isn't a bad motor, but it does leave a bit to be desired. Has a very narrow torque curve. So I'm considering a Tuned Port conversion. TPI parts are pretty cheap now so the biggest thing would be just swapping over to the Vortec fuel pump assembly so it'll get enough fuel. That and setting up the trans controller (TPI was never mated to an electronic tranny). That should open her up, widen out the torque curve, and probably let it run a little more efficiently.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good morning west coast member and good afternoon east coast members. Its 11:00 am here in Phoenix. Just got back from our 3 mile walk. We were on the phone this morning with my daughters and my oldest grandson . Tonight is the car cruise at a K Mart parking lot. Weather is a little warm for this time of theyr here in the valley. High of 88 today :0 Got a few more calls to make & then have brunch. Since I never had my coffee or breakfast yet. We rented a couple of movies last night . Watched one called the IN TIME. Pretty good movie for a red Box .... Ok food & drink are calling me. I'll check in later. Ya all have a GREAT SATURDAY

Old 03-24-2012, 01:26 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

At Daytona!!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ordered a bluetooth OBDII adapter today and then i just have to get the app for it. Tommorow i'm supposted to meet up with my friend/business partner and go to another friends and scavage through mountains of old computer junk for stuff Heading off to work later, really hope i can get a job switch soon. My friend thinks that the store is trying to get rid of us by reducing our hours, i work 3 days a week he only gets 2

Old 03-24-2012, 02:59 PM

Looked at a couple potential projects today. 87 Grand Prix and an 84ish Regal. Both were in great shape. Almost a shame the motors are in as good of shape as they are considering whatever I get as my next project will have the motor yanked pretty quickly.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:09 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Afternoon Everyone

Old 03-24-2012, 05:15 PM

Good evening everyone. Not much going on at the mouse house so far for me. The foreman is in a pissy mood though so I'll stay out of sight. I'm glad it is my Friday. Six more hours til my weekend. I'm looking forward to that. I'm supposed to work on Susan's dads 50 Dodge Wayfarer tomorrow. It hasn't run in about ten years. I dragged it out of his garage last Sunday literally. The two wheel on the right side were locked up and it had four flat tires. I got the tires inflated and dragging it the right front unlocked. The right rear is still locked up. I am hoping to get the tire and brake drum off of it tomorrow and get it started.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 PM

I took a couple pics of the two cars I looked at but I still need to load them up on photobucket.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, March 24, 2012