Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, June 1, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its a car show at ma job today ill post some of ma faves later have a good day everyone

Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Member Tadd, sorry to read about your brother by law How old is he?
I hope that he has good doctors & good care...
Jerry, sorry 2 read bout your pain. Spaces grandfather always said to us that pain lets us know that we are alive. I also have back pain but its from being stupid on my boards (skateboard & surfboards)
Sure hope u find good doc's & nurses
Did U get your painted Impala back yet ? I search for your thread & i could not find it ?
Im just about finished with my work shift at the warehouses.I dont know how space worked double shift here 4 over 2 yrs Good workers,but this place is like a prison. I prefer to work @ the port by the ocean 4sure.

Wish all members a safe/fun weekend.
bum'Mike

Old 06-01-2013, 11:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

No, we haven't gotten the wife's car back yet but he is definately painting it this weekend(I hope). I will say this: NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE BY DURAFLEX. THAT IS THE CRAPPIEST PIECE OF ---- PRODUCT I HAVE EVER SEEN.. We are on the verge of cutting the nice part of the new hod off and mounting on the stock one. He may finally have gotten it to stop cracking, not sure but I did take the stock hood over last week for him.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Thank U 'Jerry 4 the update. I can relate to the frustration when it comes to getting your ride painted + the delays. My GT was really messed up when a guy I thought I could trust painted it He blamed the paint (lol)
Life sure can be stressful if U let it. I try not to let the bad drag me down.
I hope yours comes out well or your painter(friend) is going 2 start chargin U storage fees lol
Hope or wish U a pain free happy weekend
'Mike

Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
Member Tadd, sorry to read about your brother by law How old is he?
I hope that he has good doctors & good care...
Jerry, sorry 2 read bout your pain. Spaces grandfather always said to us that pain lets us know that we are alive. I also have back pain but its from being stupid on my boards (skateboard & surfboards)
Sure hope u find good doc's & nurses
Did U get your painted Impala back yet ? I search for your thread & i could not find it ?
Im just about finished with my work shift at the warehouses.I dont know how space worked double shift here 4 over 2 yrs Good workers,but this place is like a prison. I prefer to work @ the port by the ocean 4sure.

Wish all members a safe/fun weekend.
bum'Mike
Randy is 56 has been sick for a while, but had to be macho and not go to the doctors. He finally went last month and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He went to that fancy cancer clinic in Chicago and they could do nothing for him here in Lansing they gave him chemo up until last week. they said they cna not give him more treatments.

He went into the hospital last Wednesday as he was not eating. They had to stop chemo because his bilirubin levels in his liver where not right. the cancer had started in his gall bladder then went to his liver.

Friends if you feel ill GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! Had he caught this earlier he would have had a chance to survive. He has none now. Doctors say the only thing they can do now is make him comfortable with morphine.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Man what a Blast!
Heres a cpl pretrip Pics!

120mph is what I was able to run (They tell you when to get on and off the power and brakes) With an overall average of 85mph!

Id do it again in a Heart Beat!... They will be in Flatrock MI. in July!
I just may head over there again!... Maybe we could get a few of us to go then!

Attached Thumbnails Saturday, June 1, 2013-dsc_3218-copy.jpg   Saturday, June 1, 2013-dsc_3220-copy.jpg   Saturday, June 1, 2013-dsc_3222-copy.jpg   Saturday, June 1, 2013-dsc_3224-copy.jpg   Saturday, June 1, 2013-wp_000543.jpg  

Last edited by STUMPMI; 06-01-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Man what a Blast!
Heres a cpl pretrip Pics!

120mph is what I was able to run (They tell you when to get on and off the power and brakes) With an overall average of 85mph!

Id do it again in a Heart Beat!... They will be in Flatrock MI. in July!
I just may head over there again!... Maybe we could get a few of us to go then!

damn that is a sweet ride, hope u had fun

Old 06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Great pics man, that had to be a blast.......

Old 06-01-2013, 05:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Fun doesnt really describe it!
Its a seat of the pants feeling like no other! I had a TOTAL Blast!

Certainly a once in a lifetime Ride! At least for me. The interior was so very snug.... It looked like a cockpit of an airplane inside of it! The paddle shifting was an experience as well like no other! The brakeing....was soooo smoth and effort less! At low speeds they were so touchy... Under acceleration un like our Montes..... No torque steer what so ever! The steering was tight and smooth like I havent felt before...Except in a true road course race vehicle!

Thats whats so wild about it ... This is the full street version!... That felt sounded and drove like a true Race car!!!

I was pleasantly surprised at its handleing,throttle response! Just snaps your head back at each gear change! There was minimal roll in the corners....It felt like I was in a full 4 wheel drift a cpl times...
I was fortunate to have a good score keeper/instructor.
He pretty much let me run it like I wanted/needed to!...
Flat out/ jamming it evey gear!

It felt like I was actually driveing it without his presence...The Focus and Intensity was something I havent felt in many many years when I use to Race!

Ya...it was definately Fun!!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Hi Mod 'David Thank you for sharing your Racing Adventure with pictures + your excitement.

Were you nervous ? (i know that i'd be nervous & would have 2 change my diaper when they tried to pry me from their ride )> 4sure

It was great to read that they let you drive it the way U wanted 2
Great investment in 'fun..i hope some day to be able to drive something that fast & nice
Peace 2 all,
Bum'Mike

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, June 1, 2013