Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 6, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Stumpmi have you gone to the Dr yet

Last edited by Mels SS; 07-06-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Stumpmi have you gone to the Dr yet
Every 3 Months ....

As far as my phantom pains Mel,
The only thing they can do is kill the nerves... That could also lead to other issues... Its tough enough to know and feel when my residual stump is either tired/painful or have a miss fit to my socket for my prostetic limb. I have experienced sores, blisters, even bleeding due to the lack of fat around the residual bone... (All skin no meat) rubbing against the socket. If I had them kill the nerves...Id never know I was having an issue... Of course ...Im still looking for the Miracle of having a leg re attachment, via a donation... But here in the U.S.A. They don't do those kind of operations/reattachments. They do make a prostetic limb that does operate off your nerves....However, Im far to active for that kind of prostetic...as it is a high maintenance prostetic! It more for like the person that maybe just goes to church on sundays...Or... just goes out to go shopping and not much else.... between our camping, snowmobileing, car shows, bowling ..frequent runs to family events, etc... My activity level is far higher....should it have a malfunction whilest im out and about....it could tend to ruin whatever event were doing,participateing in. Because I wouldn't be able to just simply remove it and continue with our activities...So, It does have its draw backs...Despite being a great candidate for such a prostetic limb!

The only way that's gonna happen, Is if I hit the lottery and head for the other side of the Planet! Where they do those very things....

So,I guess you could say the answer is Yes Mel.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 07-06-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Mod `David,
It's sad to read about your pains & your loss. I feel the pain in your posted words , & I hope that you do your best to not let the pains drag you down.

I can only relate to your pains from ankle & knee pains from injuries while surfing or skateboarding & I realize that is nothing for what you are enduring.

I wish you the mind control & strength to endure & hopefully find relief in your future.

On a positive note, your accident is a constant reminder to others to be thankful that they do not have to face your loss.

One of the guys I use to surf with has lost both legs & other injuries while in service, but is keeping a positive outlook on his life & plans on returning to college.

I hope that you can concentrate on what you have & not what you have lost & do your best to extract the best from life that is possible...The Best to you for sure Bum>Mike
Coping With the Loss of a Limb - Health - Beliefnet.com

Old 07-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone!

Having to maintain two houses until my dad's house is sold. Plus taking care of my dad too. Wish I had more time to get on here more. I miss you guys.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone!

David i hope you feel better sometime soon buddy

Old 07-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Thumbs up Great 2 C Taz (Lou) online

Originally Posted by Taz
Good afternoon everyone!

Having to maintain two houses until my dad's house is sold. Plus taking care of my dad too. Wish I had more time to get on here more. I miss you guys.

Hi Mr Taz -> `Lou,
Space ask about you in every fax I get & I've told him that you also have been very busy. I can relate to helping a family member (my grandmother) until she needed more care then I could give The expense for good nursing care is outrageous 4>Sure. Plus I had to sell her home to help pay the cost
Our beach bum senior family is fading with time, but so shall we in time.

Wish you a fast sale on your father's property & I sure hope that you can get some help to take care of him.

I hope that you can find some personal time to enjoy life & your supercharged Monte Carlo
We look forward to your return. The best of luck to you from the BeachBum Family
--------------------------------
Hi `Devin & everyone > What are you doing today ?
My friends are at the beach

& I'm working or waiting for the next truck. (The over-time is great), but I'd rather have the time 'off. There's seems to be a high price to pay sometimes to be a loyal company employee 4>real.

OK, whose next to hit some keys & make a post ? Tell us what you are doing this weekend ? > There's plenty of space below
Peace & Happiness to 'all
Bum'Mike

Old 07-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

good evening everyone! Sorry I haven't been active...very busy this week! got another car meet tonight, a nice popular one too. I'll make sure I get some pics for ya guys

dave: feel better!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening all.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

so...I broke my camera lens at a meet tonight....very upset ):
at least its just the lens, and not the camera itself!

Old 07-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
so...I broke my camera lens at a meet tonight....very upset ):
at least its just the lens, and not the camera itself!
That Suck's you broke your camera lens..

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 6, 2013