Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 28th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Re Good Morning everyone. Fell to sleep on the couch last night. Then got up & went to bed around 11 pm. Then I was up at 1:45 am for about 2 hrs. Before I tried to go back to sleep again. Now its 9:20 amd I guess I'm up for the rest of the day. Going to finish waxing the Monte this morning after coffee. I got this NEW wax from wally world from Mequiar's called nXt. Got that and some window cleaner also interior clearner, and spray wax for around $ 14.00. So i might as well use it while the weather is still a little cool. 83 today for a high. got down to 55 last night. ok shower to wake up and then coffee. More later.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

better watch out thar miller doesn't turn into a zombie. And sure i can quit space, but then i'll really never get anywhere in life with out a degree(or so you're told all your life)

Old 07-28-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
better watch out thar miller doesn't turn into a zombie. And sure i can quit space, but then i'll really never get anywhere in life with out a degree(or so you're told all your life)
Hi `Keane,
I can relate to bad/poor teachers & college professor's.
The BeachBum's & I were all home-schooled by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends & when I enrolled in community college it was a farce..Majority of the time the Prof's didn't show `up or were late. Then when they did get there, they would just tell us to read from our books or put on a vid

I finished the courses that I took & had a average 4.0 & then enrolled @ University of Phoenix & got my degree in Business...I always had a job while I was in school...I started helping my grandfather as soon as I could walk...I was his go-fer...Go 4 this & go 4 that...LOL..I've always been able to find work...Maybe jobs I did not like, but I always found a way to make a honest $ in life..

(It was not easy, but I worked hard & had super Prof's & help) I could study @ my own pace & I went Turbo/SuperCharged through the courses It does take a lot of discipline to set you pace, but I had great mentors & support 4-Sure. It has helped me a lot & I'm now the manager of several warehouses...

It's not what I want to do 4-ever, but it's great $'s + I'm helping my g/f get through Med School & helping other seniors in need of my assistance...I hope to have my own business in my future...

You have many options...There are many choices out there in tech schools & colleges...You should explore when you get bored at where you are and what you are doing Good Luck.

Last edited by Space; 07-28-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member

I would love to move up where i currently work, but moving up in this company is a tough task. Hardest part is getting from part time to full time. Im choosing to take it a bit easier at school only doing 4 classes per semester. Its a good balance between school and work. Might take a little longer to finish school, but better to get done on a comfortable load level than to be constantly maxed out.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Hi `Keane, I was taught that; that nothing good in this life is easy 4-Sure...My grandfather was right...It's not easy
I've always had to give `up to get, & never had a `free ride.
I wish you the very best on your `journey of life, but you are the driver & the one that must work & plan out your trip on where you want to `go..."Dream `it, Plan `it, Act `it"...

Sometimes you get on the wrong road & have to turn around & start again...(& hopefully you learned the lessons of not returning to the bad roads in life) I don't think I will every stop learning (I don't want to) ~> I have to many dreams that I'm working on, and doing my best to put them in2 action...

The key is to Not Give `Up & keep on Driving to get to where you want to `be 4-Sure....Wish you Good Luck & resolve...

Old 07-28-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
1:45 am and can't sleep. So now i'm up playing on here for a while and playing words with friends
Sorry to hear you couldn't get to sleep Any chance of you making to the Anoka car show tonight? Was thinking about going.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

HEY Ron. Yeah that could happen. Might be a lone not sure what the wife has planned. PM me your phone #. Not sure if I have it in my new phone. Not every # went into it. I should know by around 2 pm if I'm going or not. But it looks good so far. JUSTIN ???? UPDATE !!!! Were going. I'll be taking the Monte tonight. I'll be parking the garage. Wifes going also

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 07-28-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all.
Tadd I think my father in law is at that show too. It shouldn't be too hard to find.lol. He has been to the museum several times. He has. a green 1971 cutlass. One of his friends just bought a cutlass wagon from the guy that runs the museum.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Afternoon Everyone, think ima go see a movie lol

Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member

was driving home from school and the skies opened up wow, glad i had rain-x on my window or i wouldn't see anything. Was stuck doing 30 in a 55. That was fun

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 28th 2012