Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday January 21st 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good morning everyone. Man the week is going by fast. The three of us haven't sat down for long thats for sure. And were off again this morning. Won't be back till late. Going to put away some beer this afternoon. Our friend has to much for just him. So were going to help him out. .. Haven't had a chance to pm some close friends. But I'll get back on track next week! Ok coffee and sweet roll time ....

Old 01-21-2012, 09:08 AM

Hi `Keane & `Mike (JG),
Why don't you like ABS ? Is your ABS working, all the sensor's checked & working properly...I like ABS & have tested them on slick roads & they really kept my ride going straight under hard braking....

Please let us know your reasons ?
<!-- dtl_id= //-->
Location of anti-lock brake components. See more pictures of brakes.

­Stopping a car in a hurry on a slippery road can be very challenging. Anti-lock braking systems (ABS) take a lot of the challenge out of this sometimes nerve-wracking event. In fact, on slippery surfaces, even professional drivers can't stop as quickly without ABS as an average driver can with ABS.
In this article, the last in a six-part series on brakes, we'll learn all about anti-lock braking systems -- why you need them, what's in them, how they work, some of the common types and some associated problems.

Next Page

Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am staying up Space. Watching and learning as he lays the carpet. Knowledge never hurts 4 sure... Getting anywhere Mike on my stuff? Not rushing you, just curious. have no car anyways to put them on. LOL..Rick, try not drink too much, you might end up back at Barrett Jackson and buy a car on impulse.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 AM

Hi `Rick, it's great that you are getting 2gether with friends & having a fun time...I've enjoyed reading about your adventures...Wish you a SuperFun WeekEnd
====================================
Hi `Jerry, yes knowledge is power.....Carpet installing is a hard job (I think)...I hope that you get a good install.
EnJoy your weekend...

Last edited by Space; 01-21-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 AM

1 Year Member

HEY Space & Jerry... yeah its been a blast with these two knucleheads. We argue and laugh and drink like old times. And i'm not tellin all of whats been going on either. We argue and laugh and drink like the old days. I guess you never lose that Biker attitude More fun coming today yahoooooooooooooooo

Old 01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think today i'm gonna try and get into fantasy bidding a bit. Probably wont be able to do much as i have to work tonight

Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Space ive nvr cared for ABS always seems to engage when you really dont need it to & i feel i can control my car better without it my Sierra doesnt have it & i can stop it great in slick conditions

Jerry just waiting on the decal & ill have em sprayed might just spray everything else today, i put some time in to make sure they were smooth as can be for a great finish

Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 AM

Good morning MCF'ers...another cold dreary gray depressing cold wet icy cold winter day here in St. Louis. Mike, did you get ice in Farmington last night? It was so bad here my dog slipped and fell going into the back yard this morning.

Jerry, good luck with the new carpet. You'll have to vacuum several times when they're finished. It's interesting to see how they put it down - one of those jobs I'd rather pay someone else to do.

Rick, have fun with your friends today. Could you drinbk a few Bud Lights for me????

Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 AM

Thanks `Mike, for your reply...What do you think of stability control on modern rides ? I know it seems like in our near future that vehicles will be driving themselves
Then all vehicle could just be a BedRoom or a Party Ride to your destination ~>
============================================
Hi `Keane, I probably won't be doing much 2night either since I will be working again 2nite also...EnJoy the time that you do have `off & please smile more ~> It's contagious....
Can I borrow a Smile
Thanks, pay back ~> lol

Old 01-21-2012, 09:48 AM

1 Year Member

Angie: I sure will. How many do you need. I can still do that ha ha ha ha

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday January 21st 2012