Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, February 25, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I really don't mind either the rain or snow, except when it interferes with my plans. The rain keeps everything around here green and colorful, but the snow does offer more of a quiet, peaceful and calming environment. This is the first song I learned to play on the guitar back in '65 that related to the rain:

The Casades Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain - YouTube

Forgot to answer your question...that is Paul Newman riding the bike. I was in the 6th grade when that movie came out and paid .60 to watch it at the Saturday afternoon matinee. That price included a free popcorn and small soda. Man, have times changed...

Last edited by 03SSLE; 02-25-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I really don't mind either the rain or snow, except when it interferes with my plans. The rain keeps everything around here green and colorful, but the snow does offer more of a quiet, peaceful and calming environment. This is the first song I learned to play on the guitar back in '65 that related to the rain:

The Casades Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain - YouTube

Forgot to answer your question...that is Paul Newman riding the bike. I was in the 6th grade when that movie came out and paid .60 to watch it at the Saturday afternoon matinee. That price included a free popcorn and small soda. Man, have times changed...

Thanks `Mike, for your reply. You paint a nice picture with your words, & music is always good 4 the soul 4-Sure.
On your link page I notice a link to a song that is one of my senior friends favorite's songs by the Drifter's called "Stand by me" It brought back memories of when she taught the beachbum's & I during our home-school era WoW, yes times are always changing & the prices seem to always go `up & not down 4- Really ~> Sure
Below is a link if you or member's would like to listen to
"Stand by me"~>The Drifters - Stand By Me - YouTube
p.s. I enjoy many of the tunes from that era, but I am way different that many of my generation, but I think it due to being raised by seniors that shared their life experiences...
Wish everyone good memories from your past & in making good memories today...Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 02-25-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:37 AM

Here's another blast from the past for ya 'Space. It was popular around the same time and I'm pretty sure you and your senior friends will recognize it. A few bands (including Pearl Jam) have done a copy of it over the years, but I think this is the best version. We performed this one in a talent show when I was in the 8th grade...

J Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss - YouTube

Old 02-25-2012, 08:06 AM

LoL `Mike,
Yes, I remember hearing it LOL, I think it was on one of those small records players (I think they were called 45's ?)
Thanks 4 sharing.

Thanks for your post on our new member's thread..She was a spammer & removed from the MCF You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time...It's sad that some people have to be so sneaky & dishonest It's make me sad...She was sent back in2 cyber space with a life sentence

Old 02-25-2012, 08:12 AM

Good morning everyone.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning! It's very cold out and windy. Dog didn't even like it for his morning ritual. Went to the Bday party last night and actually enjoyed it. They had like a fake today show set and interviewed the birthday girls close family and husband. Kinda like a roast. We had a good time only to come out to ice/snow covered roads for the 30 minute drive home.
Gotta get showered and I think the wife has carpet cleaning on her mind.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Space
Thanks for your post on our new member's thread..She was a spammer & removed from the MCF You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time...It's sad that some people have to be so sneaky & dishonest It's make me sad...She was sent back in2 cyber space with a life sentence
Well shame on her. In that case I must reposition my high five and send her on her way...

Old 02-25-2012, 08:25 AM

Good Morning Kerry, Jerry & Member's.

Jerry, it's great to read you had a great time at your sister B-Day party & that you made it home safe.
I heard that the truck race was good yesterday..Did you watch ? Are you going to watch 2day...I know that U R going to watch 2morrow Good Luck & wish you & member's a SuperSuper safe & fun WeekEnd...

p.s. Thanks Mike 4 your reply & help!
I thought our Blog was going 2 turn in2 a Music Blog 2day, but I love tunes 4-Sure...Peace/Out from `Space
lol on the High 5 re-location 2 low 5 ~> LOL

Last edited by Space; 02-25-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Yes Space, Hunter and I watched the trucks. Had it Dvr'd. Was boring at first because the outside line could only lose ground. The closer to the end they got it together and worked it good. Had 3 green/white/checkers. We will watch today's race. Just finished looking at lineup. Has Jr, Stewart, Kurt and Kyle in it with Danica on the pole. Man there has to be a bunch of Danica on the pole jokes this weekend
Space you didn't make picks for the Duels Thursday. You can't win if you dont post.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning everyone, danica on the pole, where!?:p 40 degrees and windy here today, still have snow on the ground from yesterday. Gonna sit around again today, meeting up with my parents later for lunch then its off to work tonight.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, February 25, 2012