Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, August 17th,2013

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 07:26 AM

Thanks `Devin, we's really like Blog'in 2day (LOL), I hope more member's join in on the `fun Thanks for your wishes & your words...I will tell all the bum's you said `hi & that they all can use your S.S. (lol), Thanks : )
FYI: New Update on Season
The updated outlook calls for a 70 percent chance of an above-normal season. Across the Atlantic Basin for the entire season – June 1 to November 30 – NOAA’s updated seasonal outlook (which includes the activity to date of tropical storms Andrea, Barry, Chantal, and Dorian) projects a 70 percent chance for each of the following ranges:

• 13 to 19 named storms (top winds of 39 mph or higher), including
    • 6 to 9 hurricanes (top winds of 74 mph or higher), of which
    • 3 to 5 could be major hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or 5; winds of at least 111 mph)

Old 08-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning MCF,
Today we give YelloJAC her first "Spit Shine". I'm doing it by hand so I'm sure how she's gonna turn out. Maybe I'll get another chance chance before High Point and I'll have a buffer. This time I'm just gonna do the best I can. Using a Mother's 3 step system!

Old 08-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Morning all Iam at the Chevy dealer Deuce is getting charging system check and battery transplant

Second battery in7 years they told me to start taking the battery out when I store the car in winter. So now Iam shelling out $220 bucks 30 month full warranty in the new battery not prorated but full replacement

Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Hi `Tadd,
Sorry that you had to get another battery. I think you should get a Battery Tender for your Deuce...They really work & keeps your battery in good shape...Below are two that you may want to check out...
<b>Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger</b> Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger
by Battery Tender

<b>Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger</b> Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger
by Battery Tender

Safe, 4-step Battery Charging
The Battery Tender Junior 12-volt charger is much more than a trickle charger. It has a "brain". Utilizing a 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode), it allows you to simply connect the charger to a battery, either in or out of a vehicle, and forget about it until you are ready to put the battery to work. Like all Battery Tender chargers, at the end of the regular charger cycle it automatically switches its output voltage to a safe, storage or float level that eliminates the need to worry about the damaging effects of overcharging, and the resulting need to check on the condition of the battery. If/when the battery voltage drops too far under load, output power resumes and the charging cycle begins again. The unit also features sparkproof connectors, short circuit and reverse polarity protection, an easy to understand charging status indicator consisting of a single LED, and almost no current draw from batteries connected to it.
p.s. Thanks for your words/posts in the Space Thread.. BumMike & I really appreciate 4-Sure...

Old 08-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Have a tender Space but they told me even with a tender the battery of a stored car can freeze the said store the battery in doors with the render on

Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Zen

Morning all
Another saturday stuck at work

Old 08-17-2013, 09:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Zen
Morning all
Hey chris is great to see you back on here more!
I feel ya there! Work tonight 11pm tonight for me!
We are planning a small monte meet in Syracuse sometime soon, probably by Onondaga Lake! Want me to keep you posted?

Old 08-17-2013, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Zen
Morning all
Hi `Chris, be happy/thankful to have a `job to be stuck at
Wish you & family a super fun time when you get `off work
Congrat's on your new Home

Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Zen

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Hey chris is great to see you back on here more!
I feel ya there! Work tonight 11pm tonight for me!
We are planning a small monte meet in Syracuse sometime soon, probably by Onondaga Lake! Want me to keep you posted?
Yes definately. There used to be some good spots by the lake it's been a while since I went there.

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Chris, be happy/thankful to have a `job to be stuck at
Wish you & family a super fun time when you get `off work
Congrat's on your new Home
I am thankful a lot of things have been going good lately.Work the new house.Jess just got another new job.She finally got in at a law firm doing what she went to school for.She hated the job she was now.
Now all I need is to fixed things with Jess an I'll be a happy camper.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM

Thanks `Chris for your reply...We all want you 2 `be a Happy Camper 4-Sure >Keep driving your life to where U want 2 `be 4-Sure
============================================
We miss `Angie, & look 4ward to her return to her Monte Carlo Family
Member: Possum

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, August 17th,2013