Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: SATURDAY, 8/23/2014 - Check In - (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/saturday-8-23-2014-check-50121/)

Space 08-23-2014 02:53 AM

SATURDAY, 8/23/2014 - Check In -

5 Attachment(s)

http://www.your3dsource.com/images/welcomeyellowred.gif
Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's `Blog
Saturday, August 23, 2014

What are you doing Today ?

* Members, post what is happening in your life/family, your hobbie's, cars, etc.

* The MCF is here 7/24 *
Member's
Make a post & become a part of our
Monte Carlo Family

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone

Please don't hurt http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/negative/m0918.gif with your words/post!
Your words paint the picture of you in the minds of the readers!

Give Respect to `Member's - Get Respect from `Member's

If you have not read our MCF Rules ?

Please click below link to enjoy your MCF experience

Winner

Congratulations

Owner: `Mike Rogers
North Wales, PA
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...man/AdMike.jpg
2000 Chevrolet `Paxton SuperCharged Monte Carlo S.S.

http://caccioppoli.com/Gif%20linee%2...ning_light.gif

Winner

Congratulations

Owner: Brent Nichol
London, Ontario Canada
Attachment 25522

2004 Chevrolet Supercharged Street-Show-Racing Monte Carlo S.S.

Thanks to our MCF Staff & our active contributing members for your dedication to the MCF.

Please make a post & keep your MCF active, informative & fun.

Any member can start our Member's Blog after midnight (12 AM EST).
Just copy & paste & change the day/dates!

Today's Blog started by

Space 08-23-2014 02:57 AM

- Hello MCF -

Hello Everyone,
I just returned to the states earlier last eve & this is the longest that I've been away from my BeachBum & Monte Carlo Families. I sure have missed everyone. I've read several threads/posts to see what's been happening on the MCF. It's great to see so many new member's & see our super staff & active member's keeping the MCF active.

BeachBum `Mike is working @ the Miami Port with Bum J.D., Tommy is out fishing in the Atlantic & my girlfriend is away at a Doctors seminar. I did get a chance to visit with the Beach Bum Senior's when I arrived and it was great to enjoy their company. There's not that many of the Beach Bum seniors remaining as time is taking it toll.

Life has been busy for me with work & I will know next week if I am returning to Portugal or ?

- Mel, It was great to read that your doctor gave you a good report!
- Mod Michael, super Corvette 4-Sure, EnJoy!
- `Lou (Taz) Sorry to read that your Monte is giving you problems again. I sure hope your dealer can fix it right this time.
- Congratulations to Admin's Mike & Jason, Mod David, `Devin, Keane, John, Mel, Butch, & member's that received awards for their awesome Monte Carlo's. (sorry to member's that I did not find yet).
- Thanks Sgt Drew, Crazy`Zach, Keane, Devin & member's that have kept our MCF Blog posted & active!
- Thanks also to you reading this for being a active contributing member to the MCF

I must recharge (rest) & hopefully get to check back in later.

Wish all a Happy New Day of Life...

* `Peace = `Happiness *

SupplySgt 08-23-2014 03:50 AM

Good to see you space! I'm about to get my recharge as well. Gotta work tomorrow (well today). Y'all have a good one

Space 08-23-2014 03:55 AM

Thanks for YOU!

:rolleyes: Good Morning Sgt `Drew,
It's great to see you online & thanks for being a super active contributing member to the MCF.

I love that you started a NASCAR Nationwide Contest for the Member's.
Hope Life & work is treating you well.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...man/LouTaz.jpg

Wish you a good recharge & super weekend :thumbsup:

JuniorCar 08-23-2014 05:36 AM

Mornin folks!

And welcome back 'Space! You sure were missed here! Are you back for good or do you have to return to Portugal? I bet they miss you there already!

I see the forum has really come to life this morning with all sorts of new threads and stuff to read as only 'Space himself could possibly make it!

Space 08-23-2014 06:00 AM

Thanks `Brent !!

Originally Posted by JuniorCar (Post 627663)
Mornin folks!

And welcome back 'Space! You sure were missed here! Are you back for good or do you have to return to Portugal? I bet they miss you there already!

I see the forum has really come to life this morning with all sorts of new threads and stuff to read as only 'Space himself could possibly make it!

:rolleyes:
Hi `Brent & thanks for the Welcome home :thumbsup:
I will find out next week if I am returning to Portugal or another
work assignment. The owner of the company has many
projects going on at once.
I did really enjoy Lisbon, but did not have to much personal time
to explore the country. The people I worked with are very kind,
generous & very hard working. I made several new friends that I
will keep in contact with no matter where I go.

How is life for `Brent ? How's the new baby ? Oh, I did find
your post where your Bud Monte was seen on the way to the
Michigan Race :thumbsup: That's just awesome :thumbsup:
My Body/Mind & Spirit are tired this morning & I must get a
fast recharge. I have a lot to do today & many friends to see.
Wish you & family a great Weekend - `Life.

Below is a brief vid on Lisbon
(Oh, I did get 2 hit some waves there: )
EnJoy

crazyzach722 08-23-2014 06:21 AM

Good morning everyone. Glad to see you on the forum Space. Will leaving for work very shortly so at least I will be done early and have the rest of my saturday to my self. I start school Monday so today and sunday will be my last days off before it starts. Happy Saturday everyone.

Space 08-23-2014 06:41 AM

Happy/Safe/Saturday/Life to `all

Originally Posted by crazyzach722 (Post 627666)
Good morning everyone. Glad to see you on the forum Space. Will leaving for work very shortly so at least I will be done early and have the rest of my saturday to my self. I start school Monday so today and sunday will be my last days off before it starts. Happy Saturday everyone.

Hi Crazy `Zach,
Thanks for your words & checking in.
Wish you a easy day @ work :thumbsup: Keep giving `up & you
will get to where you want to `be.
Yes, this year, summer has been flying by to fast.
Do you enjoy school ? Sure hope that you `do ?
Enjoy your Saturday/Weekend :thumbsup:
https://d3rt1990lpmkn.cloudfront.net...0fa358125b603b

The_Maniac 08-23-2014 07:31 AM

Good morning everyone!

Space, great to see you online buddy! Get some well deserved rest and I'm sure you'll have many opportunities to catch up with the people around you and the people online. It's great to hear from you and know you're still out there!!! :)

Mels SS 08-23-2014 07:35 AM

Morning all and Glad to see you have come home Space. We all missed you.
Going to a car show today to spectate and be with friends. Have fun guys.

03SSLE 08-23-2014 08:10 AM

Good morning' all. The weekend is finally here. After a quick last minute detail to the Monte today I'm going to go negotiate with the dealer about how much trade in I'll get towards the '14 Camaro 2SS I've had my eye on for a couple weeks. It sports a 6.2 (460 hp @5900rpm), Tremec 6 spd manual transmission and 3.45 limited slip gear ratio out back. If we can't agree on a fair trade in price I'll probably put the Monte up for sale and sell to a private party so I can get top dollar for it. Enjoy your weekend everyone,

MnteCrloSS47 08-23-2014 08:51 AM

Welcome back space

Space 08-23-2014 10:11 AM

We only get one human life...What if ? EnJoy!

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Attachment 25517 `Jason for your welcome back home to the MCF :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Mels SS (Post 627683)
Morning all and Glad to see you have come home Space. We all missed you.
Going to a car show today to spectate and be with friends. Have fun guys.

:rolleyes: Thanks `Mel, it was great to hear your good news about your health. Bum`Mike had faxed me about it. A reminder to enjoy every second of human `life... Wish you good health & happiness :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 627688)
Good morning' all. The weekend is finally here. After a quick last minute detail to the Monte today I'm going to go negotiate with the dealer about how much trade in I'll get towards the '14 Camaro 2SS I've had my eye on for a couple weeks. It sports a 6.2 (460 hp @5900rpm), Tremec 6 spd manual transmission and 3.45 limited slip gear ratio out back. If we can't agree on a fair trade in price I'll probably put the Monte up for sale and sell to a private party so I can get top dollar for it. Enjoy your weekend everyone,

Hello `Mike,
Wish you good luck on dealing with the dealer. I hope they can give you top dollar for your awesome Monte :thumbsup: Keep us updated `OK.
It sounds like a super Camaro SS.

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47 (Post 627694)
Welcome back space

Hi `Devin & thanks for your words & welcome. I've missed reading & seeing all your posts & super pictures of your adventures in life.
I'm going to have to get a camera & learn how to use it.

Your Monte is looking beautiful as always & it's great that you are able to get on the roads to meet other member's.

Wish you a Super WeekEnd in your Super Super Monte S.S.
What's happening this weekend ?
========================
The V.P. of the company woke me `up to give me my company car back, but I had to drive him to the airport :(:) The car is dirty & low on fuel, but I'm still happy to have a company ride.

Meeting my grandfather & Tommy later @ the senior center & I get the day `off 2morrow :eek: WoW :eek: > (I'm hoping my g/f gets back by then) :confused: (if not, I'll cry :(:rotfl:)

Wish everyone that reads/see this a Super Fun Happy Day, Weekend. :thumbsup: It's time to find some fuel (food)...

STUMPMI 08-23-2014 10:13 AM

Good Morning EV1!
SPACE???? :eek:
Is this really you? Good to have you back!:congrats:
Thanks for being here and Starting the Members Daily Blog!:)
Now...
The forum seems normal!! With your return and contributions.
We have so needed/missed your input!
Dont get me wrong.. Bum Mike (SpaceRider) has been a great contributing factor !!! And addition to the MCF family! Thanks Mike!:)

The mrs and I returned from our vaca a cpl days early...
What a great time we had traveling the country. However, the exhaust decided to rust out on us finally. After more than 10yrs of traveling around. It was a loud and uncomfortable ride home..but the clothes hangers held up as I tried my best to keep the remaining peices in place. I have an appt on Monday to have it replaced. :thumbsup:
Have a Great Weekend EV1!

Space:
I miss my original signature pic you did for me!
So a cpl members helped me out with this current one.

Space 08-23-2014 10:35 AM

"I'm happy to `be & I hope that U R also" (?)

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/av...ine=1407511905
Hi `David,
It's great that you had a safe/fun trip, but it's sad that you had exhaust problems.

I do like your new `sig picture & I searched my files (it was in my computer photo files & not on photo bucket > (It's the only online photo site I use)...I must have deleted it after I made it for you. Or lost it to one of my many computer crashes :(

Your Monte "Z" is really looking good :thumbsup:

* I hope that you don't have to spend Big $'s on repairs to your exhaust (I know that can get expensive)..Keep us updated.

Wish you a relaxing weekend & I just learned that the NASCAR race is tonight on ABC. I might watch it with my grandfather & Bum Tommy `if they don't have other plans. I hope to take a power nap this afternoon & get a better recharge. It's super HOT out & the heat index is over 106 degrees & it hotter in the warehouses.

OK, whose next to hit some keys & let us know what's happening in your LIFE ? I think it's you reading this ? We all we just sit here & wait for your post :rotfl::)

Leprechaun93 08-23-2014 10:42 AM

morning all, welcome back space.

MnteCrloSS47 08-23-2014 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 627700)

Hi `Devin & thanks for your words & welcome. I've missed reading & seeing all your posts & super pictures of your adventures in life.
I'm going to have to get a camera & learn how to use it.

Your Monte is looking beautiful as always & it's great that you are able to get on the roads to meet other member's.

Wish you a Super WeekEnd in your Super Super Monte S.S.
What's happening this weekend ?
========================
The V.P. of the company woke me `up to give me my company car back, but I had to drive him to the airport :(:) The car is dirty & low on fuel, but I'm still happy to have a company ride.

Meeting my grandfather & Tommy later @ the senior center & I get the day `off 2morrow :eek: WoW :eek: > (I'm hoping my g/f gets back by then) :confused: (if not, I'll cry :(:rotfl:)

Wish everyone that reads/see this a Super Fun Happy Day, Weekend. :thumbsup: It's time to find some fuel (food)...

Thanks Space, i like how the Monte turned out
I got a new job which is real manual labor of a job, gonna take a bit to get used to it. i have this weekend off which im gonna just stay home and let my body get some rest

Great to see you back, awesome you got your company car back. Hope you get to see your girlfriend soon lol, Have a great weekend

Taz 08-23-2014 10:52 AM

Hey Space. Hey everyone!

I'm Monte-less till Monday. Yesterday the dealership looked at the passlock problem. I couldn't get it started yesterday morning when I went to bring it to the dealership. Had to use the 10 minute trick.

So the dealership calls me yesterday afternoon and tells me the ignition cylinder/passlock sensor tested good. And even though there was a passlock error code (code B2960) stored in the memory, they couldn't get the problem to happen for them. It started every time. So they send a shuttle driver out to get me so I can pick up my Monte. When we got to the dealership, they tell me they can no longer get my car started. My reaction..... :rotfl: :happyanim::woohoo:

So now they're keeping my Monte till they can get a new BCM ordered in. They're going to put a new BCM in, and hopefully this will take care of the problem.

There is a TSB on the BCM in my Monte. And it has never been changed. Still the factory original. So hopefully that will take care of my passlock issues.

Space 08-23-2014 11:05 AM

"Just got 2 `be the Driver of your Life"

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 627710)
morning all, welcome back space.

Hi `Keane & thanks for your words.
I hope that your job is getting better & I see that you've been
getting out in your super Monte & meeting member's.

You sure have made your Monte yours with your modifications
and it's looking great. Out of your 3 cars (?) what do you drive
the most ? Which one do you like the most ? (Stupid ?) LOL
Wish you a fun, happy weekend....Enjoy :thumbsup:
===================================
Hi `Devin, thanks for your reply!
Do you like your new job ? I personally like a job that requires
manual labor. (It's also a great way to stay in shape while you
are getting paid $) :thumbsup:.
How many hours a week will you be working ?
I know for me it would be like a vacation to only be working a
forty hour week. I'm making decent money, but I don't know anymore `if giving up so much is really worth it (?).

I will keep working like crazy until my g/f decides where she
wants to be. I'm ready to settle down or slow down a little :)
A wedding is in the near future (?)

I just looked out & a few of the guys at work are washing my
company car :thumbsup: I'm really lucky to work with some great people :thumbsup:

Wish everyone a safe & Happy Weekend.
=============================
* Hi Amy, I just seen your post on your accident :( I'm glad that
you are OK & I hope that you get a good shop to bring it
back better then new. Please keep us updated...

Space 08-23-2014 11:10 AM

It worked for us Until (>?<) > LOL <

:rolleyes: `Lou,
I just read your post after I posted the above.

It was funny that it worked for them until you got there. I'm happy that they are going to put in a new BCM :thumbsup: I also hope that you don't charge you for their mess `up or time.

Keep us updated....We will be standing by to attack the dealership or the GM Headquarters (LOL)

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Taz 08-23-2014 11:28 AM

It's not the dealerships fault. Blame GM for their poorly designed passlock system.

Space 08-23-2014 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 627723)
It's not the dealerships fault. Blame GM for their poorly designed passlock system.

Then I sure hope that GM pays for your repairs. (I think they should pay for your time & inconvenience also :thumbsup:

https://s.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Uk...0-1280-1-.jpeg
I sure hope they have resolved this problem for the owners:thumbsup:
Kill the Bad GM to Save Good the GM

Leprechaun93 08-23-2014 01:00 PM

Space the job is still rather annoying, i would just like to get to the point where i graduate college and can hopefully get out of there. Out of the 3 i like my monte the most, and as far as driving i'd say its a tie between the monte and the dart.

I use the dart to go to work, but the monte is generally the one that goes on long trips.

ohara 08-23-2014 02:24 PM

Good afternoon everyone

Space glad you made it back safe and sound :) hopefully it wasn't all work and no play for you while you were gone

Well got the new motor for the passenger side seat installed yesterday, on the positive I was able to vacuum out the underneath so it looks brand new under the seat, on the negative the only one that knows is me lol. Worst part is that I bought it used at a wrecker and they gave me the wrong one first, so had to bugger around and get them to get me the proper one, but on the positive they did have the proper one.

My band played a local bar last night and we rocked the place, changed our set list up and added 5 new songs and as always took requests, so we had to play "Teddy Bear" by Elvis Presley, and it was the first time I or the bass player had ever played the song and honestly we nailed it, the crowd loved it as it was a request for one of the audience' wife's birthday so we looked like hero's lol and it made their night which is even better.

Tonight we are playing a private party up along the St. Lawrence in a little town called Rockport, nice place spent a lot of my youth there hanging out with a buddy who owned a dive shop right on the river, and he even took me out diving once, didn't get along too well with the whole thought of breathing underwater, divers make it look easy but it's wrong psychologically at least my brain was telling me it was wrong lol

Hope everyone enjoys their day