Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, 6 September 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everybody! Safe travels to everyone, looks like a nice weekend. I'm stuck at work so you guys go out and create some wild stories to tell about, then post 'em so I can read them while on break!

Old 09-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Arrow Hi Everyone

Hi Mod `David,
Sorry that you are without power...I can relate I had to return to work last eve & I'm still here resetting everything.

Had problems with our generator's also. I'm happy that the power has returned. It happens a lot in my area.

Wish you POWER & a Happier Day>WeekEnd
Does your camper have a generator ? (Hope so ?)...

Hi Tommy, we have to be thankful 2 have a `job & some people even get to eat Steak & Shrimp LOL

Wish you & member's a safe/happy + electric power to enjoy your weekend & `Life....

How did people in the past every survive without electric ?
We are spoiled (lol)...

"Be Happy 2 `be" > 4-Sure > EnJoy

* ps> You're Welcome Tadd 4-Sure!

Last edited by Space; 09-06-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
Default Exterior changes

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Tommy, we have to be thankful 2 have a `job & some people even get to eat Steak & Shrimp LOL
Yes I am lucky to have a good job. We only get steak "and" shrimp after some overtime! lol. I hope your job situation levels out soon for you.

I hope all of yall without power get it back soon.

I need some opinions on changing the look of my car. I want to change the whale tail rear spoiler to a stand up spoiler. Do they bolt on the same as the existing spoiler? I also want to add mild front ground effects like come on some of the newer than 2001 models. Where can I purchase them?

Finally I want to add two wide dark grey hood to trunk racing stripes. I am not good at seeing in my mind how a finished product will look, so I am asking for some opinions on the hood/trunk stripes width and color. What do you guys think? I attached a front shot to help choose the color.

( I am going to post this in the exterior mods forum also)

Attached Thumbnails Saturday, 6 September 2014-img_20140831_130757470-3.jpg  

Last edited by GTHSS; 09-06-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all, mirror is off the window in the monte again.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
morning all, mirror is off the window in the monte again.
...Hi `Keane,
You sure are having some bad luck with your rear view mirror What did you use last time to install ? Wish you better luck on getting it to stick 4-Sure...

Check the below sites & see `if they can help you.
Wish you Good Luck & make it a Good Weekend > Life...
You are the driver of your `life & all your super `Rides...
"Life is a test to see how much that you can endure" > Don't let Life win & keep fighting to get to where U want 2 `be.

How to reattach your rearview mirror - YouTube

► 7:40► 7:40

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ03Qv9dIgo

Apr 22, 2012 - Uploaded by robinsonsauto
In this short video I go over the process I use to reattach a rear view mirror ... BMW Rear View Mirror DIY Removal AndInstallation, Rain Light ...

► 8:36► 8:36

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPe_4irp4B4

Sep 22, 2011 - Uploaded by peculiarmadman
How to reattach your rearview mirror by robinsonsauto 123,343 views · 4:15 ... Rear view mirror installation attempt number 4! by joeysixtysix ...

Reattaching a Rearview Mirror - Popular Mechanics

www.popularmechanics.com › ... › DIY AutoProjects & Maintenance

Dec 18, 2009 - Pick up a rearview mirror installation kit. Don't buy one that's hanging on a hook from your local odd-lot-merchandise emporium or any other ...

Old 09-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Good morning everyone. I work today from 2-10 so most of my saturday will be spent there. Oh well at least I will be making money. I will probably have to do homework after work so not much of saturday.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Talking Thanks 4 checking in (I'm @ work also, but playing on the MCF (LOL)

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Good morning everyone. I work today from 2-10 so most of my saturday will be spent there. Oh well at least I will be making money. I will probably have to do homework after work so not much of saturday.

Hi`Zach "A day of `life is always better then No Day" 4-Sure!

Be happy 2 `be working + going to College Great investment of your time & $'s.

Wish you a E.Z. Day @ work & with your homework.

Wish you many future Saturdays in Life that are filled with fun & a Super Ride to enjoy...

"Giving `up to get isn't easy, but it seems (2 me) that nothing good in this life is easy"

There's great rewards for hard work > "Never Give `Up"
EnJoy the journey 4-Real.

Wish you & member's a super `life > Just got 2 `be the driver to get to that super life 4-Sure

Old 09-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good morning everyone, gonna take a run up to Ottawa today to a music store and try and exchange a tuner foot pedal that I bought in the spring, it died on me a couple of gigs ago, and it is a Korg Pitchblack (if you don't know about music gear they are a fairly reputable brand name so it shouldn't do that) so I'm hoping there is a warranty with it longer than 4 months and on the positive I get to check out some guitars and get the "I wants" but the wife is coming with so she can be my voice of reason and not let me impulse buy lol

Hope everyone enjoys their day

Old 09-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Used a 2 part epoxy, took it over to safelite to have it put back on again today, hopefully that is the last f-in time it has to be put up lol.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Talking Congrat's `Keane

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Used a 2 part epoxy, took it over to safelite to have it put back on again today, hopefully that is the last f-in time it has to be put up lol.

Hi `Keane, I sure hope it stays up this time. I was going to suggest that you buy a little blue pill to help you with this major problem > LOL

I hope now when you look in2 your rear view mirror that you don't see any blue or red flashing lights....Look forward in life & only look back to remind you of the lessons learned..

Now, go out & enjoy your new day of life 4-Sure...
Oh, Wish you better luck, but sometimes you just have to make your own `LUCK...

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, 6 September 2014