Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

the S.S. Mickey sails at noon

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default the S.S. Mickey sails at noon

well folks the montes flat rather well!!

i was drivign on I-410 yesterday when we had over 7" of rain in less then 8 hours. and the interstate went from being a good place to be to a bad place real fast. it went from being hig ground with only the rain hitting the road and not standing water to water as high as the side moulding on the doors of the car. i was doing great even with the air filter in teh fender. then it happend!!!
A FREKING UNEXPERENCED DRIVER STOPS DEAD IN TEH MIDDEL OF THE WATER AND SHE STALLS OUT WHEN TRYING TO TAKE OFF AGIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[:@][:@][:@][:@]
I NOW HAVE 3-4" OF WATER INT EH FLOOR OF THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@]
SO I KNOW WHAT IM GOIGN TO BE DOING RIGHT AFTER I GET IT TO START!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you all know what is comming. I had tohit the brakes and then the monte decids to suck water and stall out.
andit was water deep enough it had white caps on it and was causeing the car to float litterly like a boat.

so i had to have it towed home and out of the lake on the interstate.
and now she wont even crank or attempt to start./

when yas hit the key it will click like the battery is dead then it stops there and is done.
I have pulled all the plugs out of it and they were all dry.
and replaced all of them agian and still nothing. so i water in somethign some place that is it's not suposed to be.

and of course they are calling for more rain today and tomarrow and next week we have a F!@$%$@^ hurricain commign this way .This will be the second one for this car.
Im sorry it is time for it to be sold or traded for a amphicar!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Default RE: the S.S. Mickey sails at noon

Mickey
Check the starter, Sounds like water is in it.......
Call the insurance company.......

Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

wow! i was watching on t.v about the floods, was wondering if anybody was in this stuff...sorry to hear mickey! that sux...never get that kind of stuff up here

Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear this Mickey.

Do like Mrrench suggests. Check the starter and call the ##$^& blasted insurance company.

It could be the water shorted out the starter as well as the alternator, and the ignition? Depends on "Where" it reached when you went boating?

Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 PM

[align=center]Mod `Mickey, I feel your pain :[X(][/align][align=center]All my life during the hurricane season, & living Beach Side[/align][align=center]the rain have flooded the roads.[/align][align=center]Michael ~ Mrrench ~ gave some good advise.[/align][align=center]Most of the time this has happen to my grandpa, my friends & me, the starter got water inside, & had to be cleaned & dried.[/align][align=center]The forecast doesn't look good for Texas : ([/align][align=center]Do you have access to a boat ? There's been many times, I've[/align][align=center]got around using a small boat/kayak.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sometimes, `Life just isn't fair. I really hope things get [/align][align=center]better for you & family. Good Luck `Mickey, `Space[/align][align=center]______________________________________[/align][align=center][/align]
4 Dead In Texas Storm; Dean Strengthens
Tropical Storm Erin Pelts Texas' Gulf Coast; Hurricane Dean Bears Down On Caribbean

Interactive
[/align]

Storm Tracker
Follow all the storms of the 2007 season with satellite images, warnings and wind speed charts.

Interactive
[align=center][/align]

Storm Season
Track the latest storms, see how they form, get preparation tips and more.

Interactive
[align=center][/align]

Ground Shakers
Learn about what triggers an earthquake and get details on some of the world's worst.

RELATED STORIES & LINKS
[align=center][/align]

Flossie Heads For Quake-Rattled Hawaii
Hurricane, Now A Category 2 Storm, Heads Toward Big Island Hours After 5.3 Magnitude Quake
[align=center][/align][align=center][URL=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/14/storm/main3165784.shtml][IMG]http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/common/images/v2/misc_arrow_double.gif[/i

Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Mod Mick, sorry to hear about your storm issues. I love the great state of Texas, in fact it is my 2nd favorite state to visit next to Hawaii.

This Gal lives in Midland. If you can get to hear, she will help keep your Monte above water.

Hope you don't mind the humor during a terrible time.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

well the good news it is runnign agian. but man it is not even close to liking it right now.

i took all the plugs out ONCE MORE!![:@][:@]

and now i turned the motor over for a while. seems the water was in the plugs worse then i thought.
and i got a 1-2foot shot of water on the compression stroke LMAO!!

but it is out of it now. but now it is acting like i took it to the wash and for got to pull the hose out of it. poping and hesitateing etc.... so i have to get it aired put more.

drove it to the car wash and used thier vac to suck the water out of it. and seems to be pretty dry after 3.00 worth of quarters to get all the water out of it.

Hey space the sad thing on that SUV you show here. is the kid called his dad to let him know he wrecked his truck on his cell phone and appoligised several times and said i love you and the answering machine hung up. then he procedded to attempt to get out of the truck when he was washed down stream.
he was 18years old trying to go to work. it is SAD to say but things like this happen all the time here. thanks to the high water tabbel.

the corry i work in is under water right now and we cant go to work so i have a 3 day weekend this week and next week will be the same SO ANY OF YOU CAN COME HELP ME MOVE COME ON DOWN!!!!

we will be finally getting a house with a grage on it and the monte will only have to sit out side by choice till i can get the truck put away enough to get the monte in there to.

it is a shame that things like this happen to folks that dont know how strong water can be in only a few inches of water.

where i had my car become a boat was on 410 loop/ it is on high ground i was hoping that it would be hig enough to get around to the house. guess not.

But the other way had over 2 foot going on the road.
one place at 410 and 151 had over 9 foot of water on the road under the bridge and is still closed till it can dry out enough.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:03 AM

Why Bad Things Happen to Good People ?
`Mod Mickey, It's sad to read your news, but it's more sad to read the news in
our World. [X(]Life seems to test us all the time, but no matter who, or what
we believe in, it still hurts.
I really hope that you can repair the damage that has been done. WoW, life
sure is fragile. I learned early in life thatliving on a barrier islandin the Atlantic Ocean,
that Mother Nature can do a lot of harm. She reminds us all the time
with the tropical storms, lightening, tornado's & massive powerful hurricanes.
Be thankful that you survived your `journey, & that you and family can also
rebuild/repair fromthe damage. My grandfather taught me to search out the positives, and
not concentrate on the negatives in life.
I wish you and family a speedy recovery, and good luck in your future.
Please keep us updated on your Monte, on your life.
The best of luck to you and yours,
I wish you Sunny Days!
~ Peace ~
`Space

Old 08-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

space dude i was safe i never got out of the car till it floated to teh side of the puddel where it touched down.

but i knew i was safe qwhere i was due to the retianign wall that was there for all the construction.
and i was no where near any streams or creeks or any thing liek that with the car.

the one that filled up was in a low area and they shut it off before anyone got hurt etc...

they said on the news that in a "normal day" there are about 100-150 accedents. this day due to teh weather it was over 600!

but we are safe and the monte is a but wet behind her ears but other then that doing just fine and will dry out enough to drive liek normal agian.

but means i have to reprogram my stereo and all of the channels [:@]

Old 08-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Hey Mickey!
Glad to hear everyone is okay. Sucks about the car being flooded. I'd be hesitant to go through insurance. Not sure about your insurance company, but around here, the ins. companies are quick to "total" your car and cut you a check that wont take any expensive mods into account.

I noticed in your pics you got some sigs. around the "3800" on your engine. Did they survive the voyage through lake 410?

Once again...glad to hear everyone in the car is okay.

Quick Reply: the S.S. Mickey sails at noon