Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

rotting cars......

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default rotting cars......

..Some of you may already know about this web site. Cars In Barns features
cars and some trucks that are scattered all over this country and Canada
and even Afganistan ( recently ). I find this stuff facinating but sad at the
same time.
A word of warning, some of these photos and stories might bring a man or woman
to tears....the rotting 58 Corvette.......Cuda with a tree growing through it.......A Shelby Mustang covered up in weeds...etc...etc......sigh...!

Enjoy but get a kleenex....
http://www.carsinbarns.com/index.html

Old 12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

that has to be one of my favorite websights of all time! probibly because me & my dad have been "hunting" for vintage tin like that scince i was old enough to walk. actually, im pretty good friends with at least one of the more prominent contributors of that site, and have gottten to see some of those cars firsthand. heck, i was walking through a junkyard with him yesterday some of the vehicles on there truly do make ya wanna cry.

if anyone is interested, i can post links to my photobucket albums with a couple of the old car stashes i have gotten pictures of... i think there may be more pics im my main album, too.

the most recent was eagles crook, there was a TON of old cars & trucks in a private colection, the most easily valuble was the white '68 road runner 2 door sedan, but also a goldmine of parts. sadly everything was crushed by the state except my '425 nailhead engine i managed to rescue
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...agles%20crook/

and then the junkyard i visited over the summer. almost everything worth saving in that one was sold off to be used for parts or restored entirely

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ight=junk%27in

Old 12-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Default ...old crs

.....those are some pretty neat photos.
I got myself a Nikon L100 before Christmas. I want to go around the state
( Arkansas ) and photograph old cars and trucks. It is something that has always facinated me.
There is a 35-38 Chevy truck inside a mini storage place that is next to a Krogers.
I can see it through the fence. And yeah.."It's Not For Sale ".
Sad.......it is just rusting away.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:20 AM

yha, quite a bit of the stuff that used to be sitting locally around here is long gone, unfortinitly.

i'd say some of my best finds were the '67 chevelle 300 sedan someone had made into an SS, 350 / th350, black interior with buckets and a console. i ALMOST had that one for $850, and all it needed was a windsheild and a good cleaning. and along with the chevelle, i ALMOST had a halfway restored '67 skylark 2 door hardtop with a compleatly rebuilt driveline for, get this, $50, with no title. there was also a '51 chevy longbed pickup that woulda been a great ratrod for $200... but then the owners wife stepped in and said "they were worth more" and would not let me buy em. and the junkman got 'em

another good one is the 75k mile '70 mustang mach1 i found in a garage where it had sat scince about 1985. 351 cleaveland, c6 auto, shaker hood scoop, stripe deleate, medium blue with a white bucket seat interior.

my cousin told my dad there is neat stuff setting everywhere down there in arkansas, thats another reason he wants to move down there, lol

Old 12-31-2009, 10:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I get a tear every time i visit that site.

Ryasn, your Dad is thinking of moving down south? You planning on coming also?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't leave NEPA!!!!!! haha

Old 12-31-2009, 11:16 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

It's a real shame about the winged cars - that just breaks my heart.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD

Ryan, your Dad is thinking of moving down south? You planning on coming also?
yha, thats been his currant dream for a while now, ever scince my cousin moved down to fordyce arkansas, in the more southwest aerea of the state. housing is dirt cheap for a nice home, and, at least before the resession, he heard work for a mechanic was around, and a helluva lot closer than where he's gotta commute now. he wants to wait until i graduate this year, then hopefully me & him are gonna travel down there & check out the work scene / housing, and probibly stay with my cousin. of course that is a BIG "mabe" scenario. its by far not great where we are now, but its "good enough"

and of course i would follow, at least for a while sorry mike, lol.

here's one from carsinbarns my dad spotted ( he is the guy who bought the anglia) while attending the '85 carlisle with the sender of the photos ( same guy i was just at the junkyard with) its the yellow chevelle at the bottem.
http://www.carsinbarns.com/Bowties%2...arns/pg42.html

Last edited by skylark65; 12-31-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Default ....rotting cars.....

...Some of the highways you may want to travel in Ark. is hwy 21/221 , 65north , hwy 5 from Cabot to Heber Springs.
South East of Pine Bluff, in the Delta.
I have heard that there is a field of Super-Birds somewhere south of Pine Bluff ?
Little Rock is such a small city that it only takes about 15min. in any direction
and you are out of the city and I have seen several neglected vehicles just rotting
on the front porch ( figure of speech ). of some of these homes. There was a once a yard
full of Opel GT's ( mini Corvette ) just west of L.R. It's gone now.
It's fun just to look around for these "Diamonds in the Rough "

Old 12-31-2009, 03:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Little Rock isnt TOO far from us. Maybe i'll make a run there one day.

Quick Reply: rotting cars......