Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>>>>Rocket Launch 2Day 3/25/15<<<<

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow >>>>Rocket Launch 2Day 3/25/15<<<<

March 25Delta 4 • GPS 2F-9
Launch window: 1836-1854 GMT (2:36-2:54 p.m. EDT)
Launch site: SLC-37B, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
A United Launch Alliance Delta 4 rocket will launch the U.S. Air Force’s ninth Block 2F navigation satellite for the Global Positioning System. The rocket will fly in the Medium+ (4,2) configuration with two solid rocket boosters. [Feb. 15]

Live coverage: Delta 4 rocket poised for launch today

Click above link 4 more infor

Wish them a Successful, safe launch

Old 03-25-2015, 10:04 AM

LIVE STREAM: Tune in to SpaceCoastDaily.com beginning at 2:06 p.m. to watch the Delta IV launch from Space Launch Complex 37 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. The launch is scheduled for 2:36 p.m.

March 25, 2015
WATCH LIVE: Delta IV To Launch GPS IIF-9 Today <Click Here

Old 03-25-2015, 10:11 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

If the boss isn't in here being nosey at that time..I will watch this launch also!!!

Old 03-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wish I could watch it. Launches are so impressive. I am still like a kid watching them. My wife says i am still a kid anyway! She's right.

But she is the one who married a minor!

Old 03-25-2015, 11:12 AM

Hi Tommy, it should be on the evening news + also they usually have a vid posted on the web shortly after the launch...

I never get tired of watching them & I've seen 100's of them..We sure are putting a lot of junk in2 `Space....

Below is a picture from 2011 of the junk that's up in Space >Big Brother is watching you from above & so it Google Earth> & now the `Drones 2 deal with ?>There will be a Big Price to pay someday >Maybe Now<
Junk on our Planet & now in outer space We are thrash'ie humans 4-Sure....LOL
We Have to Clean Up Outer Space Now in Order to Safely Launch New Spacecraft

by HAL9000 on September 3, 2011 in News
Via the BBC:
Scientists in the US have warned NASA that the amount of so-called space junk orbiting Earth is at tipping point. A report by the National Research Council says the debris could cause fatal leaks in spaceships or destroy valuable satellites.
It calls for international regulations to limit the junk and more research into the possible use of launching large magnetic nets or giant umbrellas. The debris includes clouds of minuscule fragments, old boosters and satellites.
Some computer models show the amount of orbital rubbish “has reached a tipping point, with enough currently in orbit to continually collide and create even more debris, raising the risk of spacecraft failures,” the research council said in a statement on Thursday.
- See more at: We Have to Clean Up Outer Space Now in Order to Safely Launch New Spacecraft - disinformation

******Plus, you can't believe the things that we are dumping in our Oceans : (

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-25-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Space launches are awesome sights to see that's for sure. I've never had the pleasure of seeing one in person but have seen a few on tv and internet. It is in my bucket list of things to do though.

Wow that pic of space junk is quite unsettling to say the least, it's a wonder they launch anything safely

Old 03-25-2015, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by ohara
Space launches are awesome sights to see that's for sure. I've never had the pleasure of seeing one in person but have seen a few on tv and internet. It is in my bucket list of things to do though.

Wow that pic of space junk is quite unsettling to say the least, it's a wonder they launch anything safely

Yes `Ken, it's very sad & unsettling 4>Sure...& people still throw thrash out there windows as they drive down the highways Some just don't care
============================================

ULA Delta IV launches with GPS IIF-9

March 25, 2015 by William Graham

United Launch Alliance (ULA) has launched the ninth Block IIF Global Positioning System navigation satellite Wednesday in an afternoon launch from Cape Canaveral. Liftoff, atop a Delta IV rocket, was on schedule at 14:36 EDT (18:36 UTC), at the opening of what was an 18-minute window at Space Launch Complex 37B.
EnJoy the below Vid

Old 03-26-2015, 01:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Nice post BeachBumMike, I would like to see something like this go up, has to be way impressive. Took the family to Disney World when a shuttle was scheduled to go, but the event was scratched due to bad weather...Grrr It seems the space above the earth is getting trashed like the huge trash pile in the middle of the Pacific. We are so screwed...

Name:  Pacific-Garbage-Patch30oct07.gif
Views: 86
Size:  98.9 KB

Old 03-26-2015, 02:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

I used to watch the shuttle go up from my side of FL near Tampa. Especially at dusk on a clear day you can see it go right up. And when it came back to Earth it would sonic boom so hard it would shake my house and wake me up thinking a plane just crashed in my yard, or some kind of bomb went off. As I got older though it was like oh yea just a sonic boom, no biggie.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 02ssintimidator
I used to watch the shuttle go up from my side of FL near Tampa. Especially at dusk on a clear day you can see it go right up. And when it came back to Earth it would sonic boom so hard it would shake my house and wake me up thinking a plane just crashed in my yard, or some kind of bomb went off. As I got older though it was like oh yea just a sonic boom, no biggie.

It makes a great alarm clock sound to wake you `up 4-Sure.

Quick Reply: >>>>Rocket Launch 2Day 3/25/15<<<<