Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Road Rage Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default Road Rage Follow Up

MIAMI - For the second straight year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city with the worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

Miami motorists said they saw other drivers slam on their brakes, run red lights and talk on cell phones, according to AutoVantage, a Connecticut-based automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance.
Other cities near the top of the rude drivers list were New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
South Miami resident Erik Pinto told The Associated Press he's probably seen every bad driving habit on Miami's roads.
"You don't want to know what I've seen," Pinto said. "I've seen everything. I'm from L.A., and we don't see the crazy drivers that you see here."
Portland, Ore., drivers were the least likely of the cities to see other motorists tailgating on the roadways, and St. Louis motorists were the least likely to swear at another driver, the survey found.
Minneapolis-St. Paul was rated the most courteous city in 2006 but slipped to the middle of the list this year.
The most frequent cause of road rage cited in the survey was impatient motorists. Drivers also cited poor driving in fast lanes and driving while stressed, frustrated or angry.
"The best piece of advice is to take a deep breath. Slow down, be aware and be careful," AutoVantage spokesman Todd Smith said, adding the aim of the survey is to increase driver safety across the nation.
More than 2,500 drivers who regularly commute in 25 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey was conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
The list, ranked from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:
1. Miami
2. New York
3. Boston
4. Los Angeles
5. Washington, D.C.
6. Phoenix
7. Chicago
8. Sacramento, Calif.
9. Philadelphia
10. San Francisco
11. Houston
12. Atlanta
13. Detroit
14. Minneapolis-St. Paul
15. Baltimore
16. Tampa, Fla.
17. San Diego
18. Cincinnati
19. Cleveland
20. Denver
21. Dallas-Ft. Worth
22. St. Louis
23. Seattle-Tacoma
24. Pittsburgh
25. Portland, Ore.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Default RE: Road Rage Follow Up

I'm glad Dunnville (Who ever heard of Dunnville) didn't make the list. Dunnville is one of those places where directions are "You can't get there from here".

Old 05-15-2007, 11:53 AM

GP `Dave,
[:-]
I'm about 170 miles north of Miami Beach &, when I do go there
it's like entering a Race : ) It is a crazy place to drive....
Everyone is driving like they are running from the police or on
a emergency run : )
Or maybe, they all think they are being filmed
by theCSI Miami TV Show : )
If you attempt to drive the speed limit, you get run over.
[:@]I see why it's rated #1 for Road Rage : )
I prefer cruz'in the Beach : ) & crank'in the Tunes : )
I seen films and TV shows on the traffic in LA & I don't
think I would enjoy driving there either : (
I love the open roads, but they are getting harder to find.
Below link has a lot of Web Traffic Cams for Miami.
[:-]

Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

I'm glad Dunnville (Who ever heard of Dunnville) didn't make the list. Dunnville is one of those places where directions are "You can't get there from here".
LOL! I used to travel for a living. Some funny observations:

L.A.: Go up about 3 signals and make a left.
Everywhere else: Make a left at the third "red" light. (Huh?, what if its green.)

L.A.: Drive until there is a break in the divider and bust a "u.".
Deep south: Drive to the end of the "cement barrier" and make a u-turn.

L.A.: Take "the 10" westto "the 15" north to "the 40" east.
Everyone else: You mean the I-10 to I-15 to I-40. "We never understand why you Californians call your roads "the."

Old 05-15-2007, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]GP `Dave,[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I'm about 170 miles north of Miami Beach &, when I do go there[/align][align=center]it's like entering a Race : ) It is a crazy place to drive....[/align][align=center]Everyone is driving like they are running from the police or on[/align][align=center]a emergency run : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Or maybe, they all think they are being filmed [/align][align=center]by theCSI Miami TV Show : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you attempt to drive the speed limit, you get run over.[/align][align=center][:@]I see why it's rated #1 for Road Rage : ) [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I prefer cruz'in the Beach : ) & crank'in the Tunes : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I seen films and TV shows on the traffic in LA & I don't [/align][align=center]think I would enjoy driving there either : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love the open roads, but they are getting harder to find.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below link has a lot of Web Traffic Cams for Miami.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.miamibeach411.com/maps/in...Traffic-Camera[/align]
Space, on the other hand, all of your old people stop at yellow lights. No wonder why the FLA is a crazy place to drive.

Our old people here don't stop, they just pop on the curb and run over a bunch of people or drive through doughnut shops and Wal-Mart windows.
[sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Old 05-15-2007, 12:13 PM

I'm surprised Tampa was not higher on the list. Idon'teven know they bother putting directionals on cars that are destined for dealers in the Tampa/St Petearea. There are maybe 8 people in the area that use them. Either that or grandpa leaves his on from the time he leaves his driveway until the cows come home.
I also lived in Denver for 9 years & am extremely surprised it is not near #1 on the list. I used to practically get run off the road on a daily basis. And that was usually going 15mph OVER the speed limit.

Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: c6g2

I'm surprised Tampa was not higher on the list. Idon'teven know they bother putting directionals on cars that are destined for dealers in the Tampa/St Petearea. There are maybe 8 people in the area that use them. Either that or grandpa leaves his on from the time he leaves his driveway until the cows come home.
I also lived in Denver for 9 years & am extremely surprised it is not near #1 on the list. I used to practically get run off the road on a daily basis. And that was usually going 15mph OVER the speed limit.

Cheers,
Glenn
I stayed in Tampa for 3 weeks during the SuperBowl.

Could not believe how horribly the reitirees drive, especially in Clearwater.

I almost rear-ended a few, unintentionally and intentionally.

You lousy blue-hair driver.[sm=bicker.gif]You lousy whippersnapper driver.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

You lousy blue-hair driver.[sm=bicker.gif]You lousy whippersnapper driver.
GP `Dave, I had to look up what a whippersnapper was : )
There are a lot of old folks in Florida....4-$ure : )
[:-]They are `old & they are all Stoned [:-]
That why they Drive that way : )
_____________________________________________--
[:-]Taking a Break from FLorida BINGO [:-]
Don't your grandparents roll one 4 U : )
Oh, on the way home, they race each other
Government research studies show that Senior Citizens are the nations leading carriers of Aids!
The report, published by the U.S. Administration on Aging (AoA) shows that senior citizens are the leading carriers of Hearing Aids, Band Aids, Rol Aids, Walking Aids, Medical Aids, Government Aids, and most of all, monetary aid to their kids.
The report, published by the U.S.
Hey Sonny, if you see me on the road, get the hell outa my way...You Young Punks with your loud music & mufflers : (
What do you think that you won't get old ?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:34 PM

[sm=icon_rock.gif]
whip·per·snap·per /ˈʰwɪpərˌsnæpər, ˈwɪp-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwip-er-snap-er, wip-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
an unimportant but offensively presumptuous person, esp. a young one. [/align]

[hr]

[Origin: 1665–75; prob. b. earlier whipster and snippersnapper, similar in sense; see whip, snap, -er1] [/align][/align][/align]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:17 PM

Woohoo! Go Portland!

Quick Reply: Road Rage Follow Up